Richards Strauss

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

All Blacks nil
Mullet

Re: Richards Strauss

Post by All Blacks nil »

Peg Leg wrote:
All Blacks nil wrote:As I said I have no qualms with his selection. i have qualms with the inconsistency shown by Joe to different players in the selection pool.

As Joe said,
"when he was playing to his best , he was effective".

I think Joe was guilty of saying too much at the press conference. As I said he should have said nothing at all, or just give lip service and allude to the facts you have mentioned above.
But as I say the three reasons for Richardt's selection as directly quoted are laughable
He could hardly say "He's a personal favourite" and any journo worth worth their salt would have pursued an answer on the selection.
He gave one and he you think he's put his foot in it.

EDIT: Hardly a big f%~k up though?
Actually he gave three reasons when one might have been enough.
sound of digging
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

really think youre taking him too literally

also has PJ ever played well for Ireland? on form this season Fanning would be ahead of Bowe sure but youd take Bowe over Fanning in a heartbeat
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

All Blacks nil wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:
All Blacks nil wrote:As I said I have no qualms with his selection. i have qualms with the inconsistency shown by Joe to different players in the selection pool.

As Joe said,

I think Joe was guilty of saying too much at the press conference. As I said he should have said nothing at all, or just give lip service and allude to the facts you have mentioned above.
But as I say the three reasons for Richardt's selection as directly quoted are laughable
He could hardly say "He's a personal favourite" and any journo worth worth their salt would have pursued an answer on the selection.
He gave one and he you think he's put his foot in it.

EDIT: Hardly a big f%~k up though?
Actually he gave three reasons when one might have been enough.
sound of digging
"One" as in answer, not reason!!!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

I get the impression that no number of reasons would be enough. It would either be too hot or too cold, that porridge could never be just right for Goldilocks!
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

fourthirtythree wrote:I get the impression that no number of reasons would be enough. It would either be too hot or too cold, that porridge could never be just right for Goldilocks!
Another mature contribution
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

simonokeeffe wrote:really think youre taking him too literally

also has PJ ever played well for Ireland? on form this season Fanning would be ahead of Bowe sure but youd take Bowe over Fanning in a heartbeat
These things happen when you've been fed a diet of Deccie. I was a bit surprised to see him named in the squad as I thought Best and Cronin/Varley would've got the shout. (I apologise in advance about my ignorance of each provinces hooker injuries)
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

fourthirtythree wrote:I get the impression that no number of reasons would be enough. It would either be too hot or too cold, that porridge could never be just right for Goldilocks!
I don't like porridge!
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

All Blacks nil wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:I'm just amazed that Dundon isn't in: throwing is fantastic, great scrummager.

Schmidt out!
Funny,

but does anyone wish to discuss the opening post, or is it a little sacreligious
He was picked because Joe has a blatant favourtism for all things Leinster. Happy? You win the Internet. Now go and rejoice or just go
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

domhnallj wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:really think youre taking him too literally

These things happen when you've been fed a diet of Deccie. I was a bit surprised to see him named in the squad as I thought Best and Cronin/Varley would've got the shout. (I apologise in advance about my ignorance of each provinces hooker injuries)
Varley and Sherry are injured so 3rd hooker was straight shoot between Strauss and Herring
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

simonokeeffe wrote:Varley and Sherry are injured so 3rd hooker was straight shoot between Strauss and Herring
The clincher being Strauss Cousin playing for the Boks and his ability to belt out an anthem........even though he probably won't play until the Georgia game if at all.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

As Joe said,

I think you're assuming that the reasons he gave for not selecting Jackson and selecting Strauss are the full story. I don't think that's right to do. He said Jackson wasn't selected because of lack of game time. The truth is probably that he wasn't selected because he has been playing like muck, particularly in huge ups and downs in performance. He wasn't going to say he didn't select him because he was playing badly, so there is nothing inconsistent.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

CiaranIrl wrote: I think you're assuming that the reasons he gave for not selecting Jackson and selecting Strauss are the full story. I don't think that's right to do. He said Jackson wasn't selected because of lack of game time. The truth is probably that he wasn't selected because he has been playing like muck, particularly in huge ups and downs in performance. He wasn't going to say he didn't select him because he was playing badly, so there is nothing inconsistent.
I think you're guilty of taking someone trolling seriously there. There is no point in this thread other than to troll.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

The first rule of trolling.
If a thread about a leinster player is started by a fan from Wumster then its trolling.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.