Ticket Upgrade App Mullarkey

Moderator: moderators

awaaf
Bookworm

Ticket Upgrade App Mullarkey

Post by awaaf »

Anyone try it out? How is it supposed to work?
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Re: Ticket Upgrade App Mullarkey

Post by Dexter »

awaaf wrote:Anyone try it out? How is it supposed to work?
No idea. It doesn't seem to work at all. I think you're supposed to get a text once you register, but in my case nothing happened.
Dont Panic!
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

Worked fine for me (up to the point of me not actually upgrading). I didn't give them my mobile number (no privacy policy, and up to 8 messages per event!), just my email. I haven't received anything there yet, but I did receive push notifications (2 I think) to remind me coming up to the game. At the game I was able to browse the available upgrade offers (and it allowed me to upgrade 2 at a time, on my single ticket account, which was handy). Before the game I was able to browse the event, and it told me how many hours/minutes until the upgrade offers would be available.

The theory is that you sign up (within the app), and come close to game time you'll be able to see any available upgrades (and how much they cost). It's meant to be location-sensitive (and offer you upgrades nearby). I don't know if they just didn't bother with the RDS being not very big, or if the location part didn't work. I was offered seats in either end of Anglesea and Grand stands.
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
awaaf
Bookworm

Post by awaaf »

Thanks for that description M. So you are in the ground and it says pay a €10 (or whatever) to move to the Anglesea/Grandstand and if you accept you get a barcode on your phone and head over to the other section. I did notice the further out sections of the Anglesea looked quite full on Saturday.
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

awaaf wrote:Thanks for that description M. So you are in the ground and it says pay a €10 (or whatever) to move to the Anglesea/Grandstand and if you accept you get a barcode on your phone and head over to the other section. I did notice the further out sections of the Anglesea looked quite full on Saturday.
Yup, that's it exactly. It's not linked to a season ticket account, by the way. So two mates from the terrace can sit together in the upgrade seats, which is handy.
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
awaaf
Bookworm

Post by awaaf »

They seem to be relaunching this with a few new features. One is called "Sit with Friends". If it can be used to allow me to join friends in the South Stand (my ticket is North Stand) on occasion that would be great. Time will tell I guess. If anyone has any insight into how its supposed to work would be interested to hear it.
crisco10
Graduate

Post by crisco10 »

Anybody use this recently?

wouldn't mind upgrading my terrace ticket for Saturday night, how does it work? Also, if there's another terrace dweller, can we upgrade and sit beside each other?

Thanks...