Roll call Marseille

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

le marseillais
Learner

Re: Roll call Marseille

Post by le marseillais »

So, very good news from the strike.
Seems to be cancelled now:
You can improve your french at once:
http://actu.orange.fr/france/controle-a ... 8ZVN7.html
I still have to check this information, we keep in touch.

The funny thing is that the strike is now on saturday, the 2nd of may...
But you will fly to Twickenham that day!
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Great news. Thanks.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

le marseillais wrote:So, very good news from the strike.
Seems to be cancelled now:
You can improve your french at once:
http://actu.orange.fr/france/controle-a ... 8ZVN7.html
I still have to check this information, we keep in touch.

The funny thing is that the strike is now on saturday, the 2nd of may...
But you will fly to Twickenham that day!
Awesome, merci !.
Flying wedge
awaydayfirst
Beginner

Post by awaydayfirst »

Hi Guys

Travelling on my own, flying into Nice friday, home Monday. Cant wait. Looking forward to the away guide from the OLSC later to find out where our base is.

500 Supporters does seem very low, however i presume that figure is tickets sold through the Leinster Branch, id imagine there are a lot more (like myself) who bought off the Toulon website, but i cant see there being a lot of supporters there, which is a pity. Maybe thats because of low expectations, im not overly confident myself, iv very Little faith in our coach, but i am optimistic. I think we have some big wolrd class players and characters in that dressing room who need to take the bull by the horns.

Either way i cant wait :)
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

awaydayfirst wrote:Hi Guys

Travelling on my own, flying into Nice friday, home Monday. Cant wait. Looking forward to the away guide from the OLSC later to find out where our base is.

500 Supporters does seem very low, however i presume that figure is tickets sold through the Leinster Branch, id imagine there are a lot more (like myself) who bought off the Toulon website, but i cant see there being a lot of supporters there, which is a pity. Maybe thats because of low expectations, im not overly confident myself, iv very Little faith in our coach, but i am optimistic. I think we have some big wolrd class players and characters in that dressing room who need to take the bull by the horns.

As far as I can remember there were probably only about 500/1000 of us in Toulouse in 2006 but we made enough noise (I know the circumstances were different then but hope springs eternal ?) keep the faith "awayday" we may need it on sunday we are all 500 (thats 200 more than the Greeks had at the pass against the invincible might of Persia) of us going because somewhere deep down we believe anything is possible , ps any more info on the air strike being postponed ?.
Flying wedge
awaydayfirst
Beginner

Post by awaydayfirst »

The srike this week has been lifted... to be honest it was never gona go ahead, but its been completely lifted now.. if it does go ahead its not until May to allow further negotiations.
leinsterfan100
Knowledgeable

Post by leinsterfan100 »

Day trip continues to become better value. Return flights now only 167 (out with aer lingus back with ryanair). can still buy print out tickets from toulon for as little as 16.50!
le marseillais
Learner

Post by le marseillais »

Good rates now:
http://www.groupon.fr/deals/toulon/gl-a ... e/60691720

Edit: sorry, the deal is finished now.
But probably some more soon.
Toulon fan
Bookworm

Post by Toulon fan »

3 000 Leinsterfans (apparently only in your allocation tickets) are announced by the newspaper La Provence.
I'm french. Please correct my english mistakes !
le marseillais
Learner

Post by le marseillais »

Toulon fan wrote:3 000 Leinsterfans (apparently only in your allocation tickets) are announced by the newspaper La Provence.
Do you still read La Provence Renaud ? :wink:
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Toulon fan wrote:3 000 Leinsterfans (apparently only in your allocation tickets) are announced by the newspaper La Provence.
:wink:
Flying wedge
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

footrush wrote:

As far as I can remember there were probably only about 500/1000 of us in Toulouse in 2006 but we made enough noise (I know the circumstances were different then but hope springs eternal ?) keep the faith "awayday" we may need it on sunday we are all 500 (thats 200 more than the Greeks had at the pass against the invincible might of Persia) of us going because somewhere deep down we believe anything is possible , ps any more info on the air strike being postponed ?.
There was a lot more that 1000 in Toulouse. More like 3,000/4,000
le marseillais
Learner

Post by le marseillais »

You were 5000 in Bordeaux in 2012.
5000 also of you friends of the red army in montpellier in 2013.
We are surprised here to expect so few of you.
Last edited by le marseillais on April 14th, 2015, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

the spoofer wrote:
footrush wrote:

There was a lot more that 1000 in Toulouse. More like 3,000/4,000
Was surround by someone dressed as a pantomime devil and some ear splitting drums that probably diminished the number of Blue shirts for me, then again that game has become a bit like the numbers in the GPO in 1916 or the numbers at the Stoop in 2009........ heres hoping this one is the same, if by some chance we do get a result I'll collect discarded Toulon ticket stubs and stick them on ebay.
Flying wedge
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

9 of us heading over on the Saturday direct to Marseilles. Not sure what to expect numbers wise if I'm honest. It's an expensive enough trip all told and with the way we're playing I can understand people not being willing to fork out for it.

But it is the south of France in April, so that makes the decision a little easier. :D
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

I'd love to be there but I am teaching at 9am on Tuesday and I can't risk being stuck in France and not getting back (not for the first time - Gawd damn the new system). Best of luck to everyone going; have a great trip and, should the occassion arise - help the lads to a win.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Myself and Herself are heading down via Paris. Can't Wait!
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Help please...

Is anybody booked to stay in the Ibis Marseille Centre Vieux Port at 62 Rue Puvis de Chavannes?

Never mind - sorted
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Xanthippe wrote:Help please...

Is anybody booked to stay in the Ibis Marseille Centre Vieux Port at 62 Rue Puvis de Chavannes?

Never mind - sorted
Hi I know that you have deleted this but I'm staying there on saturday night if I can do anything to help ?.
Flying wedge
Audrey77
Beginner

Post by Audrey77 »

2 of us flying to Marseille Saturday lunchtime with Ryanair. Can't wait....been to Bordeaux when we won against Clermont and last year to Toulon when the outcome wasn't as good but had great craic both times.