Smart Phones

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

nc6000
Mullet

Re: Smart Phones

Post by nc6000 »

These External Battery Power Banks are fairly handy...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultra-Compact-L ... ords=anker

You can even get a blue one to bring to Leinster games.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Dave Cahill wrote:
johng wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
My phone has an FM radio :P
that's one out of 3 Dave.

Even Meatloaf knows that's not up to scratch! :)
SD slot too - so don't feel sad.
Excellent. I'd nearly buy one. Great camera too!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

nc6000 wrote:These External Battery Power Banks are fairly handy...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultra-Compact-L ... ords=anker

You can even get a blue one to bring to Leinster games.
How long do you have to have a yoke with (w) Anker written on it hanging out of your phone until it is good to go again? :)
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

johng wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
johng wrote: that's one out of 3 Dave.

Even Meatloaf knows that's not up to scratch! :)
SD slot too - so don't feel sad.
Excellent. I'd nearly buy one. Great camera too!
but that lights up like a dashboard
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

johng wrote:
Even at home I will get drop outs or pauses on youtube. So having the stuff on an SD card is the only way to guarantee glitch free listening. Now if only there was a phone with an actual FM radio instead of a streaming app......... even my late 90s Nokia had one of those.

As mentioned elsewhere you can get FM radio Apps eg:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... lock&hl=en

I have a motoralla phone so use their app which is grand - exactly like the old Nokia radio. My one works only with headphones as they are the aerial.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

IanD wrote:
johng wrote:
Even at home I will get drop outs or pauses on youtube. So having the stuff on an SD card is the only way to guarantee glitch free listening. Now if only there was a phone with an actual FM radio instead of a streaming app......... even my late 90s Nokia had one of those.

I have a motoralla phone so use their app which is grand - exactly like the old Nokia radio. My one works only with headphones as they are the aerial.
The phone has to have an FM radio in the first place though Ian - that app is only a front end for the tuner. Johns problem is phones that don't have an FM radio receiver at all.
I have Bumbleflex
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

Dave Cahill wrote:
IanD wrote:
johng wrote:

The phone has to have an FM radio in the first place though Ian - that app is only a front end for the tuner. Johns problem is phones that don't have an FM radio receiver at all.

I stand corrected.

Have to say I love the radio on my phone. Very handy at matches where I cant get a strong phone signal.

Moto G cheap and technically supperior to Samdungs (on fm radio at least).
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

waterboy wrote:If its an SD slot, removable battery and FM radio you want then worth looking at Lumia phones. No flagship device recently and wont be until windows 10 is launched. Apps may or may not be a concern depending on which ones you use.
Nooooooooooooooo, stay well clear. I'm typing this on a Nokia windy phone. We use them for work mainly because of the MS integration. As phones though, they are shocking. If they lose signal for any extended period the stop scanning unless you reboot, calls drop and just general shitness. It's a turd with a really good camera. Android now have an MS suite app so they're all going in the bin.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Got the Sony Xperia Z3 which has an amazing camera and a seriously decent battery life. It also has an SD card slot and the makers boast that it's waterproof. It's been in a teething baby's gob enough that I am inclined to believe them
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

I need to get my Xperia Z1 manually unlocked as the code approach hasn't worked. Has anyone used any of the places in Dublin for that and can recommend somewhere? It needs to be one that does manual unlocking rather than try to charge me for the code I have already received from 3 and Sony that isn't working.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Don't know if this offer applies to Ireland, but EE customers can get a free power bar for their phone from today (need to get a code via text).

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/p ... bar-return
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation