Re: Mike Ross Appreciation Thread!

Post by Maradona10 »

His one and only try for Leinster?
"Andy Goode? More like Andy Foooooooode" - Phil Kearns
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Maradona10 wrote:His one and only try for Leinster?
His one and only try in his PROFESSIONAL CAREER. :shock:
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

it requires an email address, the sneaky feckers, I could only vote 4 times
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Stephen Ferris Bio wrote:'Mike was having a tough time before he went off. In my opinion, it is very easy to walk off the pitch rather than dig in'

'I am not saying Mike does it deliberately, but walking off the pitch with a sore neck undoubtedly saved himself alot of grief that day.'
Haven't read the book, but seen this quote attributed to Ferris and won't be buying it now. Wouldn't begrudge the lad his pay day but slandering/trolling a former team mate like that is poor form.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

The more I hear from Ferris, the more I think he might be a bit of a d1ck funnily enough, even before seeing the above. Didn't like his interview with Second Captains last week.

That also smacks of a ghost writer (the ghost on this is the utterly awful Pat McCarry I think), pushing his client to say something that'll get picked up.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

paddyor wrote:
Stephen Ferris Bio wrote:'Mike was having a tough time before he went off. In my opinion, it is very easy to walk off the pitch rather than dig in'

'I am not saying Mike does it deliberately, but walking off the pitch with a sore neck undoubtedly saved himself alot of grief that day.'
Haven't read the book, but seen this quote attributed to Ferris and won't be buying it now. Wouldn't begrudge the lad his pay day but slandering/trolling a former team mate like that is poor form.
why didnt Ross walk off against Harlequinns or any other game?

also a front row with a neck injury pffffft what a cry baby
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

wixfjord wrote:The more I hear from Ferris, the more I think he might be a bit of a d1ck funnily enough, even before seeing the above. Didn't like his interview with Second Captains last week.

That also smacks of a ghost writer (the ghost on this is the utterly awful Pat McCarry I think), pushing his client to say something that'll get picked up.
I've heard a few people say that about the interview but I thought he seemed fairly sound.

Don't like this comment though. What I particularly don't like is that the "I am not saying Mike does it deliberately" part is totally irrelevant after the previous part, that's clearly exactly what he though so he should be able to stand over it instead of just hinting at something.

When I read it I immediately thought it was harsh because of all that Ross has done for us over the years and how he seems like a complete gent, but in saying that, I've never met him and Ferris has and was there at the time, so who knows, maybe there is something to it.
leinster4life13
Mullet

Post by leinster4life13 »

I'll say this for him, he's no Stan Wright :)
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Weird thing for a guy to say, especially one who unfortunately retired in his prime due to injuries caused by the game.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

People with glass bones shouldn't throw stones.
Anyone But New Zealand
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

paddyor wrote:

Maybe it's his way of protecting Tom Court who took a lot of grief for the way the scrum disintegrated, even though everyone recognised he was primarily a loosehead. But the thought that Ross is some perennial quitter is a pretty shabby remark, did Ferris "quit" all the many times he went off injured?
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Donny B. wrote:
paddyor wrote:

Maybe it's his way of protecting Tom Court who took a lot of grief for the way the scrum disintegrated, even though everyone recognised he was primarily a loosehead. But the thought that Ross is some perennial quitter is a pretty shabby remark, did Ferris "quit" all the many times he went off injured?
Well nobody is saying that Ferris is a quitter.

But he do did quit a whole load of times.....

Yeah, I thought that about Court also. And then I thought: who cares? Not the way to look after your mate. Just say he's a loosehead. who pretty much ended his international career that day.

Ross still going strong though.
matt
Graduate

Post by matt »

Very good news Mike Ross back in full training per Leinster Rugby supplement in Independent today.

Even though Bent has done very well as back up to Furlong having Ross available adds to selection options You never know when you are going to get a injury and to have Furlong, Ross and Bent at no 3 for the important games leaves us strong in a key position.
matt
Graduate

Post by matt »

Just realised "Mike Ross back in full training" is a bit of an oxymoron but apparently he is back to 98% of his previous level in fitness tests/sprints after his hamstring injury.

Great option to have against Wasps etc.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Excellent. Will be interesting to see who plays over the next few games, as Bent has been doing well too and obviously offers more in the loose.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

its set piece solidity v a more expansive game

given size of our favoured locks I'd go with Ross myself, plus sure we mightnt have him past this season
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

simonokeeffe wrote:its set piece solidity v a more expansive game

given size of our favoured locks I'd go with Ross myself, plus sure we mightnt have him past this season
Mike Ross needs the practice. :lol:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

interview in 42 today
confirms he wont be at Leinster next season and is deciding between another club(s) and retiring

“I’ve an interest in coaching so that could be a possibility and I’ve a big interest in the tech space. I’m also looking at maybe doing some further education whether it’s a full-time or part-time masters.”
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

Cheers Mike! Good luck in whatever you do.
Four Stars
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Mike Ross was the foundation stone upon which Leinster won it's last 2 HCs and Ireland won it's last 2 6 nations. Best of luck in the future Mike.
Anyone But New Zealand