WADA and IAAF

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

WADA and IAAF

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Listening to every sports programme this afternoon / evening, it strikes me that if there was any real "horror" at the findings about Russian Drug Programme right up to Goverment level, the debate should only be "when will they announce that the Russia will lose their 2018 World Cup?"

No chance? Of course not. But that's the sole sanction that the Russians would understand.

International sports, and certainly Track and Field, lost its 'virginity' with Balco. But did any real action happen against US Track and Field? No, is the hard answer. The US anti-doping outlook is that everybody else is doing it and its OK if you don't get caught.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Re: WADA and IAAF

Post by Logorrhea »

Ruckedtobits wrote:International sports, and certainly Track and Field, lost its 'virginity' with Balco. But did any real action happen against US Track and Field? No, is the hard answer. The US anti-doping outlook is that everybody else is doing it and its OK if you don't get caught.
Marion Jones went to Jail didn't she? Also I'd suggest the level of corruption here is significantly above that displayed as part of the Balco scandal?

I'm not too well read up on it yet but this recent report includes evidence of federation led and government supported doping across all of Russian Athletics e.g. The Secret Police were leaning on staff and families of those working in the labs.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Lucky that plucky little Britain, which finished above Russia in the medals table, saved the Olympics what?

Couldn't have those big cheats winning!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/olympics/2012/medals/countries

Fine, ban Russia, who cares? There's this one thing in the whole stinking edifice that I can't put up with. Just one thing in this whole rotten carcass..
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

fourthirtythree wrote:Lucky that plucky little Britain, which finished above Russia in the medals table, saved the Olympics what?

Fine, ban Russia, who cares? There's this one thing in the whole stinking edifice that I can't put up with. Just one thing in this whole rotten carcass..
With Lord Sebastian Coe at the helm, any suggestions of impropriety would deserve 10 lashes with a birch cane and a trip to the boot room for an hour with Stinky Queerbotham.

What in dickens is the Empire coming to?
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

jezzer wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:Lucky that plucky little Britain, which finished above Russia in the medals table, saved the Olympics what?

With Lord Sebastian Coe at the helm, any suggestions of impropriety would deserve 10 lashes with a birch cane and a trip to the boot room for an hour with Stinky Queerbotham.

What in dickens is the Empire coming to?
<cough cough>coeblooddopingworldrecords</coughcough>

How dare you criticise a Tory grandee and a Lord you, you... Irishman.

England did NOT target sports that medals could be won with drugs, I mean money thrown at them to boost their standing for the games. It's not like they fell into the the trap Greece did when it hosted the Olympics. They hired Sir (SIR I TELL YOU) David Brailsford to advise them on alarming gains (what's that?) sorry I mean marginal gains in performance. He is also a your Sir and above suspicion. No appalling vista to be seen here at all.