Scarlets on the 23rd

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

Mauler wrote:Eve, what time trains did you pick?
8:50 from Bristol Temple Mead (Tight but I think we'll be ok - 9:50 and 10:50 were booked out).
10:15 from Swansea.

Make sure you go for 2 singles rather than return - works out cheaper
Summer is ready when you are

claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

I'll be leaving London 10ish, prob be in Bristol 12.30 ish. If anyone wants my number in case they get into difficulty, and want picking up, pm me, and I'll let you have it.

Similarly, as long as it's not the crack of dawn on Sunday, if people miss trains etc, I'll be going back to Brizzle, and can chuck you out at the airport!
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

Eve how much did you pay for your train tickets? A single for me is working out at GBP19.80 ... We might be better off renting a car ?
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

The other thing I would recommend is leaving plenty of time. There are engineering works on those lines this weekend. They don't directly affect you, but I would just make sure that you do have lots of time.
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

We could get a Ford Focus for EUR 93 split 5 ways would work out at EUR 25 a head including say a fiver for petrol - I dont mind doing the driving there and dumping the car at the hotel for the night. Any takers?
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Mauler wrote:Eve how much did you pay for your train tickets? A single for me is working out at GBP19.80 ... We might be better off renting a car ?
I paid GBP 4.50 each way :?
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

sheepshagger wrote:
Mauler wrote:Eve how much did you pay for your train tickets? A single for me is working out at GBP19.80 ... We might be better off renting a car ?
You've either got an amazing deal, or we won't be seeing you at Stradey on Saturday!
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

claire_m wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:
You've either got an amazing deal, or we won't be seeing you at Stradey on Saturday!
:lol:
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

claire_m wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:
Think I got them so cheap as i booked ages ago (when people were talking about doing it via the boat)

Journey 1 : BRISTOL TEMPLE MEADS to SWANSEA @ GBP 4.50
Original Adult Full Fare GBP 4.50 (1 @ GBP 4.50)
Journey 2 : SWANSEA to BRISTOL TEMPLE MEADS @ GBP 4.50
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

sheepshagger wrote:
claire_m wrote:
sheepshagger wrote: I paid GBP 4.50 each way :?
Think I got them so cheap as i booked ages ago (when people were talking about doing it via the boat)

Journey 1 : BRISTOL TEMPLE MEADS to SWANSEA @ GBP 4.50
Journey 2 : SWANSEA to BRISTOL TEMPLE MEADS @ GBP 4.50
I presume you've also booked from Swansea to Llanelli? It's quite a long walk...
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

claire_m wrote:
I presume you've also booked from Swansea to Llanelli? It's quite a long walk...
Not yet - the standard walkup fare is only 3 pounds (theres no difference in buying it in advance or on the day)
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

sheepshagger wrote:
claire_m wrote:
Not yet - the standard walkup fare is only 3 pounds (theres no difference in buying it in advance or on the day)
Just checking!

I'd hate for you to get all that way, and then miss the game as you got waylaid on your way from Swansea to Llanelli.

And remember, leave the sheep alone! :wink:
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

Same as SS :?
£4.50 per person per journey GBP19.50 in total for 2 incl cc charges

Edit - just checked the site and that deal doesn't seem to be available anymore :cry:

Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

I'm obviously doing something very wrong trying to book these tickets - Damn technology!
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

Mauler wrote:I'm obviously doing something very wrong trying to book these tickets - Damn technology!
I don't think you are - I can't see the deal I got anymore. I booked Sunday - maybe they go up in price the week of travel?

combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

Going to drive out to the airport on Sat morning and do the long-term parking.

Already have one other taker so if anyone else in reasonable proximity to the city centre wants a lift, let me know.
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

Mauler wrote:I'm obviously doing something very wrong trying to book these tickets - Damn technology!
Low fares seem to be back :?

It is a strange site - if you're booking for 1 it's £4.50 out and back, for 2 it's £7.50 out each and £4.50 back - don't know if that means there's only one seat available at the lower price - try again Mauler - funny site :?

claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Just checked the weather forecast, and it's supposed to be 23 degrees, sun and showers. But bear in mind it's Stradey, I'd bring wellies and lots of jumpers!
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

claire_m wrote:Just checked the weather forecast, and it's supposed to be 23 degrees, sun and showers. But bear in mind it's Stradey, I'd bring wellies and lots of jumpers!
Will be packing lightly - Hand Luggage only !
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

sheepshagger wrote:
claire_m wrote:Just checked the weather forecast, and it's supposed to be 23 degrees, sun and showers. But bear in mind it's Stradey, I'd bring wellies and lots of jumpers!
Will be packing lightly - Hand Luggage only !
D'you think that's wise? I'm not sure you can bring the required toiletries in hand luggage and some of us may have to sit near you on the train/plane.