Roll call Wasps

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Roll call Wasps

Post by Hornet »

Leoslovechild wrote:
footrush wrote:Have decided to go with our allocation, was able to move around the ground last year, decided that I didn't want to risk the potential of who I might be sitting beside ?. Wasps fans In general are fine but they will be in the season tkt areas, day trippers, stag parties, experts for the day etc I don't need. Really liked the Gatehouse Tavern last year can see myself returning.
Interesting...this will be my first time not to take from the Leinster allocation at an away game so will know more afterwards!
Sat in with most Pro12, and many English and French Club's fans on away trips. Wasps, Dragons and Bristol fans have been the best of the bunch. Good laugh with them and in the case of the Wasps and Bristol fans, offers of a lift to the airport after the game. Twice at Newport given a ticket for free by Dragons fans who had spares, as I walked up to the ground. The French are not far behind. I found Leicester and Munster fans to be the most boorish, but those were in the days when both teams were riding high in Europe. Could have been the bandwaggoner element coming out.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Interesting...this will be my first time not to take from the Leinster allocation at an away game so will know more afterwards![/quote]

Sat in with most Pro12, and many English and French Club's fans on away trips. Wasps, Dragons and Bristol fans have been the best of the bunch. Good laugh with them and in the case of the Wasps and Bristol fans, offers of a lift to the airport after the game. Twice at Newport given a ticket for free by Dragons fans who had spares, as I walked up to the ground. The French are not far behind. I found Leicester and Munster fans to be the most boorish, but those were in the days when both teams were riding high in Europe. Could have been the bandwaggoner element coming out.[/quote]

Have no prob being with the fans of almost any club in Europe, it's more to do with being in an area where there is a load of day trippers who try to impose themselves on those around them (often happens when clubs try to get bums on seats)I know this sounds elitist but don't want to be near jarred experts for the day , remember the Saracens game at Wembley, the Wasps and London Irish ones in twickenham etc.
Flying wedge
R-Dog
Graduate

Post by R-Dog »

Just booked a day trip via Birmingham Out on Aer Lingus 06.45 back Ryanair at 20.00 For less than €30 (well €40 if you include the Breakfast!)

Seams to be a big difference in price between the wasps site and the leinster allocation for the same sections of the ground.

Anyone chancing their arm with the "Senior Tickets". Presume it just a bar code the scan and dont really look at it, anyone know from last year?
adriancox62

Post by adriancox62 »

Hello Leinster fans.

I am a Coventry based fan and can share some info regarding the up coming match.

We will be using the gatehouse pub as our HQ. Martin the landlord is very happy to welcome us back. It is my favourite pub in Coventry so am really happy we are returning.

Those of you flying to Birmingham and taking the train, there have been big changes around the station. As part of a development a lot of demolition has taken place. The walk from the station to the pub is about 20 minutes. I will be supplying the olsc with instructions to get there.

More info to follow. Thanks for reading.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

adriancox62 wrote:Hello Leinster fans.

I am a Coventry based fan and can share some info regarding the up coming match.

We will be using the gatehouse pub as our HQ. Martin the landlord is very happy to welcome us back. It is my favourite pub in Coventry so am really happy we are returning.

Those of you flying to Birmingham and taking the train, there have been big changes around the station. As part of a development a lot of demolition has taken place. The walk from the station to the pub is about 20 minutes. I will be supplying the olsc with instructions to get there.

Excellent really enjoyed this pub last year fantastic spot, loved the stew (hope it's on again ?.) Arrived here at nine in the morning last year from the 6.30 red eye to Birmingham hope to do so again. Stayed in the Richo at the ground last year this year have booked the Ramada in Coventry just go be near the Gatehouse!.
Flying wedge
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

footrush wrote:

Excellent really enjoyed this pub last year fantastic spot, loved the stew (hope it's on again ?.) Arrived here at nine in the morning last year from the 6.30 red eye to Birmingham hope to do so again. Stayed in the Richo at the ground last year this year have booked the Ramada in Coventry just go be near the Gatehouse!.
Is there a shuttle bus to the ground from the station or anywhere else?
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Leoslovechild wrote:
footrush wrote:

Is there a shuttle bus to the ground from the station or anywhere else?
http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/web/ ... ry.Sep.pdf
http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/web/ ... Nov.14.pdf

I've used the NWM bus 4 an 5 from Pool Meadow Bus Station on previous trips to the Ricoh. I think there is a shuttle also for fans from Coventry Railway Station, but not 100% sure.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

http://wasps.co.uk/docs/default-source/ ... f?sfvrsn=0

Page 8 for the Worcester game, so I imagine there should be one for our game.
Anyone But New Zealand
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Ticket arrived today :happy clapper: , Block 18 FF think its fairly near the back, anyone else here ?.
Flying wedge
ratpack
Mullet

Post by ratpack »

footrush wrote:Ticket arrived today :happy clapper: , Block 18 FF think its fairly near the back, anyone else here ?.
There's four of us in Block 18, Row AA and that's about half way up the stand from my memory so you'll not be right at the back.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

ratpack wrote:
footrush wrote:Ticket arrived today :happy clapper: , Block 18 FF think its fairly near the back, anyone else here ?.
There's four of us in Block 18, Row AA and that's about half way up the stand from my memory so you'll not be right at the back.
Cheers appreciate the info thanks !.
Flying wedge
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

I'm in the East Stand block 21 row s. No idea if I'm near anyone else since I bought direct from Wasps and went for what I thought would be pretty decent seats. See you all Saturday, Gigity.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Wasps have published their "Navigate the Nest" guide for the game this Saturday, which provides information about Shuttle Buses and the like:

http://wasps.co.uk/your-club/getting-to-the-ricoh-arena
Anyone But New Zealand
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

The full email says they'll be showing the ulster game on big screen at 1pm and another after our game
...a beautiful weighted pass...it is 3 on 2...it is 3 on 1...Hickie!...Magnificent!
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

ribs wrote:The full email says they'll be showing the ulster game on big screen at 1pm and another after our game
Yep looks like a good day there allright so i might get in early to see how our Northern brethern get on