French Top 14 2015/2016

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Re: French Top 14 2015/2016

Post by fourthirtythree »

domhnallj wrote:
Toulon fan wrote:It's a fake. And you know where's the scam here?
The time played by french international players during the six months that french players spent with France this season (World Cup+6 Nations...) is NOT counted here.

So, this table counts the time in clubs of all french players who're not international! Such a big deal![/size]

That's called propaganda, or disinformation. Or whatever bullshit.
Good point, the table should be adjusted to take into account player time at club.
Why? nobody is asserting that say, Montpellier, are not playing French internationals when they are available to them. Merely that they are not playing French players very much. Which they aren't. And which is the point.

And which, by the by, isn't really covered by French internationals being away.

As an aside Toulon lost around as many players to the world cup as we did. Just not French players. Is that propaganda too? Disinformation?
Toulon fan
Bookworm

Post by Toulon fan »

fourthirtythree wrote: As an aside Toulon lost around as many players to the world cup as we did. Just not French players. Is that propaganda too? Disinformation?
Tillous-Borde, Michalak, Mermoz, Bastareaud, Guirado, Chiocci were at the World Cup...
Tillous and Michalak came back injuried and out for the season.
So, yes, disinformation and propaganda.
I'm french. Please correct my english mistakes !
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

fourthirtythree wrote:
domhnallj wrote:
Toulon fan wrote:It's a fake. And you know where's the scam here?
The time played by french international players during the six months that french players spent with France this season (World Cup+6 Nations...) is NOT counted here.

So, this table counts the time in clubs of all french players who're not international! Such a big deal![/size]

That's called propaganda, or disinformation. Or whatever bullshit.
Good point, the table should be adjusted to take into account player time at club.
Why? nobody is asserting that say, Montpellier, are not playing French internationals when they are available to them. Merely that they are not playing French players very much. Which they aren't. And which is the point.

And which, by the by, isn't really covered by French internationals being away.

As an aside Toulon lost around as many players to the world cup as we did. Just not French players. Is that propaganda too? Disinformation?
Exactly, an adjusted table would allow for better comparison. I'm not syaing that the one provided isn't useful, I just want more detail.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Toulon fan wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote: As an aside Toulon lost around as many players to the world cup as we did. Just not French players. Is that propaganda too? Disinformation?
Tillous-Borde, Michalak, Mermoz, Bastareaud, Guirado, Chiocci were at the World Cup...
Tillous and Michalak came back injuried and out for the season.
So, yes, disinformation and propaganda.
That's just a fault in your English: you did not lose as many French players as we lost Irish. You lost six French, round about a third of what we did. The elision is good English usage, I would have thought it translated directly into French also.

This is neither disinformation nor is it propaganda. I think your extreme defensiveness speaks for itself.

domhnallj wrote: Exactly, an adjusted table would allow for better comparison. I'm not syaing that the one provided isn't useful, I just want more detail.
More detail could help explain why it's happening or not happening, it wouldn't change the fact that the raw data shows it is happening (or not happening).
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

have to factor in the overseas players at World Cup too
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

fourthirtythree wrote:
More detail could help explain why it's happening or not happening, it wouldn't change the fact that the raw data shows it is happening (or not happening).
They are both raw data, just data presented in different ways. The devil with these things is what you want to know and what they want to show you. It would be simple enough to statistically model the effects of player presence or absence on minutes played in that league.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

Full time ASM/Racing 27/27

I stopped watching at the 20th. Will only wake up if Montferrand has to go to Barcelona.

Au revoir.
(...) je souhaite que la Providence veille sur la France, pour son bonheur, pour son bien et pour sa grandeur. Au revoir !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9PjBgWO ... ata_player
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

1st semi has gone to extra time. It's like this league never wants to finish this year!
Made Of Ale
Graduate

Post by Made Of Ale »

Well that's the maddest end to a rugby match that I have ever seen, bar none. Racing won then Clermont won then Racing won by in the space of five seconds at the end of the 120 minutes. If you do anything this weekend, check out the last few minutes on youtube or wherever. You won't regret it.
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

If someone can help to understand why Fofana's try is refused and the last one allowed in the same game by the same referee and the same TMO...

Carter had to see Barcelona, Canal+ paied billions for that.

Au revoir.
(...) je souhaite que la Providence veille sur la France, pour son bonheur, pour son bien et pour sa grandeur. Au revoir !
Toulon fan
Bookworm

Post by Toulon fan »

VGE wrote:If someone can help to understand why Fofana's try is refused and the last one allowed in the same game by the same referee and the same TMO...

Carter had to see Barcelona, Canal+ paied billions for that.

Au revoir.
:green clap: :green clap: :green clap: And most of all: do never question yourself! Keep on going!
I'm french. Please correct my english mistakes !
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Made Of Ale wrote:Well that's the maddest end to a rugby match that I have ever seen, bar none. Racing won then Clermont won then Racing won by in the space of five seconds at the end of the 120 minutes. If you do anything this weekend, check out the last few minutes on youtube or wherever. You won't regret it.
+1, +1. Totally agree, the most extraordinary finish to any competitive game ever played!
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

Last try awarded

I can't find a pic with the reason to refuse Fofana's one. It probably doesn't exist.

Au revoir.
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

Toulon 27-18 Montpellier

Au revoir.
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

Fair play to Racing for coming from behind to beat Toulon in the final after Machenaud was red carded after 20-odd minutes.
Made Of Ale
Graduate

Post by Made Of Ale »

Any match that I've watched that Matthieu Raynal sends someone off, the team with 14 wins. There must be something in that.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Quade Cooper leaving Toulon to return to Aus

No word yet on the 4 replacements theyll sign
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

simonokeeffe wrote:Quade Cooper leaving Toulon to return to Aus

Michalak and Taylor also have left, Trinh-Duc from Montpellier and Bernard from Bordeaux joining.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

neill_m wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Quade Cooper leaving Toulon to return to Aus

Michalak and Taylor also have left, Trinh-Duc from Montpellier and Bernard from Bordeaux joining.
Hopefully Lancastrr can get the best out of FTD
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Toulon chucking toys out of pram again, they got fined €100,000 for breaking the salary cap in 2014/2015 season :roll: