David Nucifora - Ongoing

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

David Nucifora - Ongoing

Post by Oldschool »

Just curious to know what are people's thoughts on how he's performing, their understanding of what he's trying to do and how his efforts are being received in general and in the different provinces in particular.
Last edited by Oldschool on May 22nd, 2019, 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Re: David Nucifora - 2015/2016

Post by dropkick »

Personally I think he is doing a good job. He is consulting with people and getting things done. It was something Irish rugby needed, to step up to the next level.

I like the new changes, which are designed to identify more talent around the country and upskilling those players along with their coaches. It doesn't interfere with the current system but adds to it.

I also think he will be demanding on coaches and hold them to a high standard. He comments about Cullen needing help shows he isn't happy with how Leinster are playing. The IRFU would usually just leave the provinces do their own thing.

I read something last week about the IRFU not having a proper database of player info. Nucifora has created or us creating one.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Yep. Think he's doing a good job to be honest.

I don't like a lot of the moves he's pushing but that's because they impact on Leinster, however that aside he's doing a good job.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

It is also a great move to see the value of the AIL as a development tool. Increasing the number of contracted players in a match day squad will increase the quality of the league, and allow players more game time.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Most of the people failed to see
She had a broken bottle in the other hand
I have Bumbleflex
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Apparently Connacht weren't allowed to sign a NIQ lock from New Zealand. No names were mentioned but the guy who said it on Planet Rugby is very credible. I'm wondering is this the start of Nucifora tightening up on Connacht's transfer policy or is it because he let Munster sign that Saffer lock? Quite frankly I always thought that was a weird signing by them as they need more help in their backline then they do in there engine room.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

sunshiner1 wrote:Apparently Connacht weren't allowed to sign a NIQ lock from New Zealand. No names were mentioned but the guy who said it on Planet Rugby is very credible. I'm wondering is this the start of Nucifora tightening up on Connacht's transfer policy or is it because he let Munster sign that Saffer lock? Quite frankly I always thought that was a weird signing by them as they need more help in their backline then they do in there engine room.
I think Connacht now subject to same rules as everyone else/it helps talented move between provinces
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

We wish many poxes on the man and may he soon be deported back to the Antipodes to feed hungry crocodiles
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

rooster wrote:We wish many poxes on the man and may he soon be deported back to the Antipodes to feed hungry crocodiles
So now you want one less NIQ at the IRFU?
Aird
Bookworm

Post by Aird »

Obviously he must go with his presence it is stopping the development of an Irish candidate for the post.
He should step down he has been I post too long.
Aird
Bookworm

Post by Aird »

Obviously he must gof, with his presence it is stopping the development of an Irish candidate for the post.
He should step down he has been In post too long.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

they should have just waited a year and gotten Conor O'Shea

Dont think Connacht hate him yet, not sure on Munster
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
rooster wrote:We wish many poxes on the man and may he soon be deported back to the Antipodes to feed hungry crocodiles
So now you want one less NIQ at the IRFU?
Why not, surely it fits the long term desire.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

In fairness, you can't blame the man for Ulster not developing a scrum half who's even close to challenging for an Ulster and Ireland starting spot. The once productive Ulster academy has underperformed in recent years in my opinion!
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Flash Gordon wrote:
In fairness, you can't blame the man for Ulster not developing a scrum half who's even close to challenging for an Ulster and Ireland starting spot. The once productive Ulster academy has underperformed in recent years in my opinion!
If thats the case, then what is the reason for getting rid of Pienaar? He isn't blocking anyone.
I have Bumbleflex
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
If thats the case, then what is the reason for getting rid of Pienaar? He isn't blocking anyone.
The Ulster academy has a conveyor belt of backs in the system, we have 2 decent looking scrumhalves but one is last year at school and the other 18, plenty of wingers and centres plus a couple of promising fullback.
Dave as you say he is blocking no one and is a massive influence on Jackson and the other young backs, a really massive loss for the team and I struggle to see us being in any way competitive next season and it will make the job difficult to hold on to some of the young backs as quite a few contracts are for renewing and other clubs are interested
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Have any of the academies found a 9? Leinster have also not developed any scrumhalves either close to getting in the Irish team, it's a problem position as you well know otherwise why did you get a project player in that position?
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

rooster wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
Have any of the academies found a 9? Leinster have also not developed any scrumhalves either close to getting in the Irish team, it's a problem position as you well know otherwise why did you get a project player in that position?
I think Murray is still the last 9 to come through the domestic set up and get capped

I have high hopes for the Connacht 9 Kerins from JRWC.

Maybe/hopefully Ulster will be allowed a project lock and also 9
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

simonokeeffe wrote:
rooster wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote: In fairness, you can't blame the man for Ulster not developing a scrum half who's even close to challenging for an Ulster and Ireland starting spot. The once productive Ulster academy has underperformed in recent years in my opinion!
I think Murray is still the last 9 to come through the domestic set up and get capped

I have high hopes for the Connacht 9 Kerins from JRWC.

Maybe/hopefully Ulster will be allowed a project lock and also 9
You are correct in Murray as far as I can think, Leinster brought Redden back across the shuegh and Ulster brought Boss in from NZ.
From what I gather we won't be allowed a project 9 as Leinster have the project 9, we may get a lock but I won't hold my breath waiting as we have been turned down on injury cover at lock and also in the back row recently, actually was surprised when we got the tighthead cover from Georgia though it is short term and a bit of a bugger actually when you look at it as if we register him for European Cup then we only get 2 matches from him and then he is gone and our own lads should be back for other 4 matches.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

My lock hope is based on there being 8 starting and 4 benching for provinces to cover 2 + 1 for Ireland plus Kleyn the only one contracted for next season