In decline since 09

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

All Blacks nil
Mullet

Re: In decline since 09

Post by All Blacks nil »

it is perfectly natural and to be expected that a coach selects players with whom he is familiar.
Gatland would be entitled to go with a Welsh player if any 50/50 calls should arise. They will know his methods and his systems (at this stage don't we all) and he will likewise be familiar with their attributes.
However a lot of the Welsh players have a way to go to present Gatland with a 50/50 call.

Gatland went on record before the NZ - Ire match saying that good performances against New Zealand would obviously be beneficial to any Irish selection hopes, Hopefully Ireland can back up the Chicago win with another great win and/or display and each and every irish player should have a huge selectorial advantage over the Welsh and Scots in particular.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

paddyor wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
paddyor wrote:I think Faletau is a cert to travel assuming he can prove his fitness. I also think the Welsh in the 6N will be a very different prospect than the Welsh in the Pro12/Europe/AIs.
Last Lions year Wales were muck in AIs but won 6n IIRC

Now theyre slowly realising its 1917 and what theyve been doing wont win them the war

I dont see Stander going, too many guys that can cover 6 like Itoje, Henderson, SOB
And the pro12 form of the regions is very 2012 at the moment. And yeah I know Faletau is no longer at a region. But they must know that if they have a good 6n and they're in a tight decision Gatland will likely give them the nod.
think pro12 will count for very little, definitely less than Europe
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

All Blacks nil wrote:it is perfectly natural and to be expected that a coach selects players with whom he is familiar.
Gatland would be entitled to go with a Welsh player if any 50/50 calls should arise. They will know his methods and his systems (at this stage don't we all) and he will likewise be familiar with their attributes.
However a lot of the Welsh players have a way to go to present Gatland with a 50/50 call.

Gatland went on record before the NZ - Ire match saying that good performances against New Zealand would obviously be beneficial to any Irish selection hopes, Hopefully Ireland can back up the Chicago win with another great win and/or display and each and every irish player should have a huge selectorial advantage over the Welsh and Scots in particular.
50/50 - Jaysus but you've changed your tune.
That sort of logic seemed totally alien to you when Joe took over the Ireland job.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

offshorerules wrote:It's curious how on Shelbyville the Munster fans have first found a way to suggest it shouldn't have been awarded to Heaslip as it was a team try and secondly slag McFadden off for nearly butchering it. Sad.
I don't know why you bother. A lot of hot air coming from supporters of a team who have been irrelevant since May 2009.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

simonokeeffe wrote:
paddyor wrote:And the pro12 form of the regions is very 2012 at the moment. And yeah I know Faletau is no longer at a region. But they must know that if they have a good 6n and they're in a tight decision Gatland will likely give them the nod.
think pro12 will count for very little, definitely less than Europe
Neither do I, b ut it's an indicator of where their priorities lie.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Delighted to see IT story today that Jamie is on the verge of re-signing for Leiinster and Ireland. He deserves the best Contract available in Ireland till at least the end of Season 2019-20.

He also needs to give a bit more thought to his own fragility. Even Leopards change their spots as they age. In the coming years, we in Leinster may see less of him in our colours but you can be guaranteed that every appearance is 100% effort and focus. 9 European games, 4 interpros and 4 Pro12 games including Playoffs would delight me for each of the next three Seasons. Add in 10 internationals and 27 games would be a total very few other World class No 8s would even contemplate and certainly not at age 33.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Wardy in the INDO
Heaslip is for me the most complete No 8 ever to play for Ireland
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!