Prepare to laugh. A lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Re: Friday's Rave

Post by blockhead »

Peg Leg wrote:I've just discovered Rodney Dangerfield
"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met" :lol:
I watched Caddyshack and Back to school a long time ago, I laughed a lot.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Heard somewhere that €60m is to be spent on encouraging people to return/move to rural communities.
Only €60m, it could have been a lot worse.
Maybe our government and civil servants are getting sense at last.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Short rants.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

The Mexican president
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

TerenureJim wrote:The Mexican president
Funny rants - Your reference to Oxymoron and British Intelligence
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

TerenureJim wrote:The Mexican president
He's gonna be great.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

6N's weekends, Yay, it's here!
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

West Brit wrote:Knocking in a new cricket bat. Fair enough the neighbours may put this in the Friday Rant thread but there is something about 2 pounds 7 ounces of new Grade 1 English willow that makes me think of summer days and lets me over-inflate my own batting ability in my mind. Even the sound of knocking it in has a certain purity about it.

The new Kookaburra is definitely the most beautiful thing I've ever held in my hands.
I could use your old one for firewood and have a little rave about how nice and cosy it made me. :wink:
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

70mm screening of1989 batman in the IFI end of March
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

In Dublin for a six nations game for the first time in about eight years. Hurray!

No ticket though but still...
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

domhnallj wrote:In Dublin for a six nations game for the first time in about eight years. Hurray!

No ticket though but still...
Enjoy.

Don't forget U20s in Donnybrook Friday night and Women on Sunday. If I read it right the women's match over before England V Italy so enjoy that match in the Clubhouse.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

"How the universe works" series on Discovery. If any of you have kids interested in astronomy, cosmology, astrophysics and planetary biology, seek it out and put it on series link. All very dramatic, but the enthusiasm of the 10 or so professors and doctors is intoxicating. Shows focus on topics such as: water on earth, super massive black holes, magnetars, our moon, our 9th planet and on and on.
Daniel Sullivan
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Peg Leg wrote:"How the universe works" series on Discovery. If any of you have kids interested in astronomy, cosmology, astrophysics and planetary biology, seek it out and put it on series link. All very dramatic, but the enthusiasm of the 10 or so professors and doctors is intoxicating. Shows focus on topics such as: water on earth, super massive black holes, magnetars, our moon, our 9th planet and on and on.
+1.
Humanity is just begining an era of astonishing discovery. The James Webb Telescope (if it unfurls) is going to rewrite eveything we think we know,I think.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Peg Leg wrote:"How the universe works" series on Discovery. If any of you have kids interested in astronomy, cosmology, astrophysics and planetary biology, seek it out and put it on series link. All very dramatic, but the enthusiasm of the 10 or so professors and doctors is intoxicating. Shows focus on topics such as: water on earth, super massive black holes, magnetars, our moon, our 9th planet and on and on.
Ta - Hope they don't lose the plot and tell us there's life out there - we've enough local alien problems of our own.
That's a joke btw for anyone of a sensitive disposition.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

blockhead wrote:
+1.
Humanity is just begining an era of astonishing discovery. The James Webb Telescope (if it unfurls) is going to rewrite eveything we think we know,I think.
No it isn't - your pint will still stay the same although the problems you have to solve after imbibing a few of them might well change.
E will still equal mc**2 I reckon.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Ah yeah OS, but it may get us closer to connecting dark matter, quantum physics and it's relationship with general relativity. All of which could have a determining affect on your pint.
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Went to see 1989 Batman on 70mm in the IFI last night. 2 things to rave about, the film was great (with a lot more nuance than i recall from watching the first 60-70 times as a 10 year old). But that was my first visit to the IFI, what a great set up. In April they are showing 3 class films: The Conversation, One flew over the cuckoo's nest & The Right Stuff.
Daniel Sullivan
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

They've got several really interesting films on next month: The Salesman (which was, to be fair, pretty universally agreed not to be the best foreign language film up for an Oscar gong but they picked it to annoy the current regime); Aquarius, a Brazilian film about a property development which everyone who has seen it tells me is very good; and Personal Shopper, Olivier Assayas's second film with Kristen Stuart - she was sublime in Clouds of Sils Maria, pushing Juliette Binoche into second place, kind of the point of the film - and I'm told it's a better film than the first and would be my pick if I only go to see one film this month; Paul Verhoeven's Elle which could go any way being him but is bound to be... high octane; a horror film called the Eyes of my mother which I know nothing about but sounds... horrible; and if you have to go and watch some old thing and you haven't been introduced to Fassbinder (the director from the 70s, not the actor) Fear eats the soul is getting a reissue. I imagine it would play quite well in the current climate, it's a long time since I saw it.

All the others I've seen more than once apiece, and read the books of right stuff and cuckoo (and the famous book about the author). Life's too short to watch the same things, read the same books, listen to the same music over and over again.