Ireland v France Sat 25th Feb 2017 4.50pm

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

neilinboston
Knowledgeable

Re: Ireland v France Sat 25th Feb 2017 4.50pm

Post by neilinboston »

Peg Leg wrote:Board is gone t'shite. The tit for tat stuff is painful.
No it's not! Munster beat the all blacks
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

neilinboston wrote:
No it's not! Munster beat the all blacks
I think those are kind of comments he's on about. Again great seeing guys take pot shots

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
*** Edited by mod - WUM ***
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Between that and the pedantic correction of other people's posts it's borderline unreadable. Which is a shame. I'm on here less and less (which might be an unexpected upside for many).
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Munster thread has definitely gone that way and wumming aside you cant say boo about Munster without someone going well Leinster lost at home to the Scarlets in 2007 so you shut up. Be a shame if international threads went that way too
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Golf Man
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Golf Man »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Munster thread has definitely gone that way and wumming aside you cant say boo about Munster without someone going well Leinster lost at home to the Scarlets in 2007 so you shut up. Be a shame if international threads went that way too
I've been prone to getting involved in some of that cr@p (and thats all it is) - but its a two way street - a small percentage of posters shouting loudly and taking unnecessary defence. The international threads have gone backwards hugely already
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Not really. If aimed at me. I only asked for proof on something I hadn't seen and got everything but thrown back. As GolfMan said it's a 2 way street and some don't like when Leinster lads criticise him

Golf Man
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Golf Man »

MunsterSugar wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
Not really. If aimed at me. I only asked for proof on something I hadn't seen and got everything but thrown back. As GolfMan said it's a 2 way street and some don't like when Leinster lads criticise him

In fairness you've been fairly central to some of the tit for tat very recently. That said there are some posters here who take criticism of a leinster/muinster player as complete provinicalism - when it very often simply isn't EG I don't think that your comments on Dave Kearney are out of order or provincially biased, but some rush to be offended by it and then its a bit of a free for all. I post mainly on the international threads to try and stay away from the dick waving but its definitely taking over those threads as well. Its no different to usual with certain players being over criticised and others being overly protected - it has definitely gotten worse though - I blame Trump
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Tit tat
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Golf Man wrote: EG I don't think that your comments on Dave Kearney are out of order or provincially biased, but some rush to be offended by it
As the other hand in that dicussion, I would agree with that, my issue was the same as it often is - people assessing players on a shallow basis, whether is Dave Kearney, John Kelly, or Paddy Wallace, without any appreciation for the more esoteric attributes players like them bring. And its okay to take issue with something someone says and to put forth an opposing view, as LONG AS THEY TURN OF THEIR f%~king TAPATALK SIGNATURE
I have Bumbleflex
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

The whole wum thing is a pain in the hole.
I actually think it's being done deliberately to disrupt many threads.
A another part of the problem is that some of wumming is being mirrored on TV and Radio.
This worries me - it's fake news and its misinformation.
When you hear someone like EOS suggesting that replacing Heaslip should be considered and when asked would he do saying no he wouldn't, then you just wonder.
What was that all about?
I don't have a solution but I'm certainly aware it's a problem and I personally don't get any satisfaction in becoming involved. I've tried periods of silence and it made no difference the nonsense continued unabated.
Even threads on the Leinster Addicts section have been infiltrated and become Munster v Leinster slanging sessions and that for me, at the least, shouldnt be happening.
For the record-
I know Munster were the first Irish team to beat NZ - What do Munster fans want the rest of us to do about it?
I know Munster fans want CJ to be picked at 8. He's getting selected to play for Ireland as first choice 6 - What's the real issue here? Is there a special status that Munster folk afford the 8 - If there is please inform my/our ignorance.
Joe Schmidt is a foreign coach.
The Irish are incapable of coaching themselves and the reason for this is politics.
As soon as an Irish bred coach is appointed the politics start and it has had a very bad impact on Ireland's rugby success historically.
Right now and for the foreseeable future we will have a foreign national coach and I for one am delighted with that because I will know he is picking his best team and not someone elses.
I await the derision.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Oldschool wrote:The whole wum thing is a pain in the hole.
Yep and as long as people continue to engage it will keep going.

Posters that support other teams will come on board, pick a particular player or coach (Replace Sean O'Brien with O'Mahony will be the topic of debate for the next week I imagine) and continue to rehash whatever they picked up on their teams fan site. The same argument will go round and round, derailing any other attempt at on-topic conversation until that poster gets bored and sods off. Its the way these things always go.

For now, use the ignore function and try to converse.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Logorrhea wrote:
For now, use the ignore function and try to converse.
Amen to that! If only the ignore function could work on the quotes as well.
A proud Winsome Fluter
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Golf Man wrote: EG I don't think that your comments on Dave Kearney are out of order or provincially biased, but some rush to be offended by it
As the other hand in that dicussion, I would agree with that, my issue was the same as it often is - people assessing players on a shallow basis, whether is Dave Kearney, John Kelly, or Paddy Wallace, without any appreciation for the more esoteric attributes players like them bring. And its okay to take issue with something someone says and to put forth an opposing view
In fairness, you responded to MunsterSugar's "guys like Dave K" comment by saying
Dave Cahill wrote:["Guys like Dave'', an international winger with a couple of European trophies, a couple of Pro12s and a 6N championship in his arse pocket in his mid-20s - is that what you mean?
We all know what he meant by his comment, and I'm sure plenty would somewhat agree as DK has never lit up matches in the same way Adam Byrne, ROL or Nacewa have done. Your reply could be viewed as wumming, and nothing about "the more esoteric attributes players like them bring".
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

Golf Man wrote:
MunsterSugar wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote: Munster thread has definitely gone that way and wumming aside you cant say boo about Munster without someone going well Leinster lost at home to the Scarlets in 2007 so you shut up. Be a shame if international threads went that way too

In fairness you've been fairly central to some of the tit for tat very recently. That said there are some posters here who take criticism of a leinster/muinster player as complete provinicalism - when it very often simply isn't EG I don't think that your comments on Dave Kearney are out of order or provincially biased, but some rush to be offended by it and then its a bit of a free for all. I post mainly on the international threads to try and stay away from the dick waving but its definitely taking over those threads as well. Its no different to usual with certain players being over criticised and others being overly protected - it has definitely gotten worse though - I blame Trump
I don't disagree on being central but equally just sticking up for myself. Haven't been abusive or anything to anyone

All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

Oldschool wrote:The whole wum thing is a pain in the hole. Check out the latest efforts on the Munster thread, TOTALLY AGREE Feb 28th onwards
A another part of the problem is that some of wumming is being mirrored on TV and Radio.
This worries me - it's fake news and its misinformation.
When you hear someone like EOS suggesting that replacing Heaslip should be considered and when asked would he do saying no he wouldn't, then you just wonder. EOS is a WUM?
What was that all about?
I don't have a solution but I'm certainly aware it's a problem and I personally don't get any satisfaction in becoming involved. I've tried periods of silence and it made no difference the nonsense continued unabated. although you may consider this reply WUMMING, I have also tried to ignore and resist getting involved (not always successfully)
Even threads on the Leinster Addicts section have been infiltrated and become Munster v Leinster slanging sessions and that for me, at the least, shouldnt be happening.
For the record-
I know Munster were the first Irish team to beat NZ - What do Munster fans want the rest of us to do about it? What can I say but I thought my name was a clever play celebrating one of Munster's finest days. Just as Leinster glory in their three stars we too take great pride in our history.
I know Munster fans want CJ to be picked at 8. He's getting selected to play for Ireland as first choice 6 - What's the real issue here? Is there a special status that Munster folk afford the 8 - If there is please inform my/our ignorance. People's opinions clouded by their provincial bias. We take pride in all our players. Cue what about Keatly comments
Joe Schmidt is a foreign coach. JS is THE Irish coach just like Kidney, a Grand Slam winning coach before him. He wasn't spared even as Ireland completed their Grand Slam. PS i'd have JS every day..
The Irish are incapable of coaching themselves and the reason for this is politics. AGREED although not so much politics as provincial resentment.
As soon as an Irish bred coach is appointed the politics start and it has had a very bad impact on Ireland's rugby success historically. How much could Ireland have won if Kidney was left to do his job
Right now and for the foreseeable future we will have a foreign national coach and I for one am delighted with that because I will know he is picking his best team and not someone elses. I have always championed Joe even if at times he has been slow to change style and personnel. I have sometimes bemoaned the style Ireland have played and correctly predicted that we could not negotiate a RWC playing such an attritional style. I celebrated his move to Ireland as for me it killed 2 birds with the one stone. Lancaster now needs to find a head coaching job.
I await the derision. Trying not to be derisive
Last edited by All Blacks nil on February 28th, 2017, 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

Testing signature off
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

Now for record just because I said I don't rate Dave K isn't meaning I'm a WUM. Many would agree with me. Many would disagree too.

After that I just stood my ground. I'm not in to getting provincal battles as I'd like to think all my other posts show.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Golf Man wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
I've been prone to getting involved in some of that cr@p (and thats all it is) - but its a two way street - a small percentage of posters shouting loudly and taking unnecessary defence. The international threads have gone backwards hugely already
there is a 2 way element for sure

also who would have thought Dave Kearney would be our Helen of Troy? :D
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

It seems that a lot of posters are incapable of responding to a point about a Munster or Leinster player without turning it into a inter-provincial shitfight. Boys and girls (from both sides), I really don't want to start throwing warning and bans around, but this shite is getting tiresome.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

MunsterSugar wrote:Testing signature off
:happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
A proud Winsome Fluter