Rumour Mill

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Re: Rumour Mill

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

I understand the sentiment CE, but that really is picking and choosing.

For me you either accept all of the benefits of the rule or none of them
Kinger83
Knowledgeable

Post by Kinger83 »

Apparently Scott Fardy is joining Leinster after the Super Rugby season.

http://www.the42.ie/scott-fardy-wallabi ... 4-Mar2017/
Mickado
Knowledgeable

Post by Mickado »

Fardy wrote:“I’m also excited about the chance to join Leinster next season. But I’ve got a lot that I want to achieve at the Brumbies and it should be a great year with the boys.”
Nice wan.
Can I raise a practical question at this point? Are we gonna do "Stonehenge" tomorrow?
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

Kinger83 wrote:Apparently Scott Fardy is joining Leinster after the Super Rugby season.

Looks like a good move. I like when we have at least one lock who can play backrow as they are obviously better movers.
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

MunsterSugar wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:Well before the season I would have thought a NIQ outhalf was what we needed but weren't allowed. David Nucifora's tough "love" has born fruit in that Byrne has developed brilliantly. Carberry still would have been playing but Byrne wouldn't have got games. We still have a problem in that we'll be missing two to Ireland probably next year and that's before injury.

I guess that Isa notionally covering outhalf when we only had one in the squad was a part of him getting retained.
Not necessarily missing 2. 1 will be 3rd choice at best only and competing with Blenyendaal for 3rd choice spot.
Crystal ball gazing time. Based on their current performance and development trajectory I could easily see Leinster supplying 1st and 2nd choice 10's by next years 6n. Not saying it will happen but it is not a fanciful possibility.
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

Kinger83 wrote:Apparently Scott Fardy is joining Leinster after the Super Rugby season.

A good signing and exactly what is required. Hope everything works out for him.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:I understand the sentiment CE, but that really is picking and choosing.

It is totally hypocritical sentimental nonsense on my part.
I am totally in favour of people who choose come to live in Ireland to make their lives also having all the rights that goes with that; I also hate the IRFU cannibalising Leinster: so it is gross hypocrisy on all fronts
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

curates_egg wrote:
Oldschoolsocks wrote:I understand the sentiment CE, but that really is picking and choosing.

I am totally in favour of people who choose come to live in Ireland to make their lives also having all the rights that goes with that; I also hate the IRFU cannibalising Leinster: so it is gross hypocrisy on all fronts
Bit harsh on yourself there CE, or I've been totally whooshed (unconsciously scratches head)
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

@Fireworks being honest I can't see Carbery out doing Jackson unless Jonny has another major injury crisis. Jackso will be playing in an Ulster team I'm predicting on the up when Gibbes makes his mark, Blenyendaal will be Munster starter. Both these guys will have exposure in big games at 10 while Carbery will be slightly limited considering he has Sexton in front so it is a tougher battle. Considering there isn't huge gap between any
*** Edited by mod - WUM ***
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
curates_egg wrote:

Bit harsh on yourself there CE, or I've been totally whooshed (unconsciously scratches head)
Only slightly tongue in cheek.
- I think Kimmage has done a great job over the years but I think his crusade against naturalisation in rugby is totally wrong. The way he (and some ex players) have been discussing the issue is a bit too breitbart for my taste. If you make another country your home, why should you not be allowed to represent that country?
- I also hate the thought of us losing multiple players from key positions to the Ireland squad.
So, on both fronts, I should be happy about Blyendaal.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

ror wrote:There are serious talks going on with Top Notch second row. Obviously I cant say who,but hopefully we can get this guy across the line...
Nice one. 10372 posts and over four years later the rumour from the first post in this thread happens. :lol:
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

nc6000 wrote:
ror wrote:There are serious talks going on with Top Notch second row. Obviously I cant say who,but hopefully we can get this guy across the line...
Nice one. 10372 posts and over four years later the rumour from the first post in this thread happens. :lol:
Again ;-)

Come back ROR
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

He copped a bit of abuse on here and made the (somewhat justified) decision to stop posting as a result. We kind of bit the hand that fed us. I'd personally love to be getting the occasional inside line from him.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Did he not, rather spectacularly, fly off the handle at Leo's appointment as head coach?
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Think he called it a farce a few times and people didnt take kindly to it so he left.

Others disagree but I thought he did have some good info and was connected in some way. I always suspected he knew BOD.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

It looks like he's been proved wrong about Leo so maybe he's lurking sheepishly somewhere.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

nc6000 wrote:
I posted this because when I open a thread using the Tapatalk app it shows me the first post rather than the most recent so I keep seeing the original second row rumour.

It wasn't anything to do with the person who posted it or any reasons why they don't post anymore.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

David Kelly linking us with James Lowe this morning.
Sounds very much like he's making it up though, no real concreteness about anything in the article:
http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/g ... 97842.html

Would be a super signing, but I just can't see us being allowed to sign a young outside back to replace Zane, nor do I think we should be tbh.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

yeah looks like BS to me too.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

wixfjord wrote:David Kelly linking us with James Lowe this morning.
Sounds very much like he's making it up though, no real concreteness about anything in the article:
http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/g ... 97842.html

Would be a super signing, but I just can't see us being allowed to sign a young outside back to replace Zane, nor do I think we should be tbh.
Just read same thing, seems predicated on Lowe wanting to move and assumption we get an NIQ to replace Zane

Also adds Nagle to list of potentially departing locks which would be somewhat of a surprise
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon