Shane Jennings

Mike McCarthy leaving.

Post by goreyguy »

Signed 2 year contract for Narbonne.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Re: Mike McCarthy leaving.

Post by johng »

goreyguy wrote:Signed 2 year contract for Narbonne.
Heard that as a rumour a few weeks ago. I hope he stays healthy and Prospers
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Best of luck Mike Mc, he has served Connacht, Leinster and Ireland with distinction and a 2 year deal in a lovely town like Narbonne is great to get.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

yeah that one was doing the rounds for a while.

Will be a shame to see him go. I was always happy to see his name on the team sheet, comfortable in the knowledge he could compete at the highest standard. He was there for some great days.

Hope he stays healthy and is being well rewarded.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Wish him the best of luck. He channelled the disappointment of not getting the nod for RWC 2015 into being, IMO, our best and most reliable forward in the first half of last season. Brought solidity and leadership when Cullen's Cubs needed it. Without him I don't think we would have finished tops at the end of the regular season. The knock he shipped in the FRA vs IRE match cut short what up till then was an impressive return to form. Bon voyage, Mick Mac, and thanks for everything.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

riocard911 wrote:Wish him the best of luck. He channelled the disappointment of not getting the nod for RWC 2015 into being, IMO, our best and most reliable forward in the first half of last season. Brought solidity and leadership when Cullen's Cubs needed it. Without him I don't think we would have finished tops at the end of the regular season. The knock he shipped in the FRA vs IRE match cut short what up till then was an impressive return to form. Bon voyage, Mick Mac, and thanks for everything.
Nice eulogy.
Good luck Mick.
Enjoy the med climate abd the wine of course.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

riocard911 wrote:Wish him the best of luck. He channelled the disappointment of not getting the nod for RWC 2015 into being, IMO, our best and most reliable forward in the first half of last season. Brought solidity and leadership when Cullen's Cubs needed it. Without him I don't think we would have finished tops at the end of the regular season. The knock he shipped in the FRA vs IRE match cut short what up till then was an impressive return to form. Bon voyage, Mick Mac, and thanks for everything.
Well said. He was in great form last season and it was really tough luck that he had it cut short. Delighted that he is able to get another two years on the pitch, and Narbonne is a hell of a nice spot and a good old rugby town by all accounts. He gave us really good service and seemed to be a very popular squad member. Best of luck to him and thanks very much.
matt
Graduate

Post by matt »

Its easy to forget now that we have all the young guns firing that Mick played twice in last years Six Nations and was the best player for Leinster last season.

Enjoy your 2 years in Narbonne Mick you can be proud of your service at Leinster.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

matt wrote:Its easy to forget now that we have all the young guns firing that Mick played twice in last years Six Nations and was the best player for Leinster last season.

Enjoy your 2 years in Narbonne Mick you can be proud of your service at Leinster.
+1
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

hugonaut wrote:
Well said. He was in great form last season and it was really tough luck that he had it cut short. Delighted that he is able to get another two years on the pitch, and Narbonne is a hell of a nice spot and a good old rugby town by all accounts. He gave us really good service and seemed to be a very popular squad member. Best of luck to him and thanks very much.
+1
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

So long Mike. You deserve a indian summer. Thanks for all you did for us.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Good man Mike Mc.

When Leinster heads were down post-MOC and early Leo, Mike's attitude and workrate must surely have been a serious example to the rest of the squad. He was the ahrdest worker on the pitch for a lot of games last year. Without it, we'd have been in trouble.

Best of luck.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Best of luck Mike. You were a great servant to Connacht, Leinster and Ireland. Enjoy your time in France!
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

+1 to all of that. Turned out to be a great signing for us and he's earned a couple of years in the South Of France.

Good Luck Mike, and thanks :clap: :clap: :clap:
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Mike's move to Narbonne has been cancelled as his injuries mean he'll have to retire. A real shame for him.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

cormac wrote:Mike's move to Narbonne has been cancelled as his injuries mean he'll have to retire. A real shame for him.
Insurance may cover some of his lost income.
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

Best of luck big Mike.
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

mildlyinterested wrote:
cormac wrote:Mike's move to Narbonne has been cancelled as his injuries mean he'll have to retire. A real shame for him.
Insurance may cover some of his lost income.
I hope so. Congrats Mike on a great career. You worked your arse off to make the most of your talents and never took a backward step.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

In a way maybe its for the best, he was pretty wrecked and another 2 years may have badly affected his later quality of life. Plus theres the concussion issue

I just hope he adepts to civilian life as its come around now quicker than he wanted/planned
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

simonokeeffe wrote:In a way maybe its for the best, he was pretty wrecked and another 2 years may have badly affected his later quality of life. Plus theres the concussion issue

I just hope he adepts to civilian life as its come around now quicker than he wanted/planned
I'd echo all of this, I really liked him as a player and hope everything works out well for him.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan