Re: Scott Fardy joins Leinster

Post by offshorerules »

Now for a Maori back three player?
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

offshorerules wrote:Now for a Maori back three player?
no thanks.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

johng wrote:Only rhymes if you're a yank or accusing him of being farty
I'd argue it would rhyme in an Aussie accent too
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

very HAPPY WITH THIS SIGNING. Although, if it means the end of Triggs at Leinster, as it surly will. I'll miss Triggs as a player but also what he brings to the squad.
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
R-Dog
Graduate

Post by R-Dog »

Connaught could do a lot worse than picking up Triggs
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

R-Dog wrote:Connaught could do a lot worse than picking up Triggs
definitely, I have the feeling though theyre not being allowed NIQ locks though
Lam mentioned it re Muldowney leaving and IQ replacements only, dont think they were allowed one for Marshall hence James Cannon
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Lam mentioned it re Muldowney leaving and IQ replacements only, dont think they were allowed one for Marshall hence James Cannon
Muldowney was IQ wasn't he?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Yeah Muldowney was IQ. I know this is more appropriate for the rumours thread, but re. the Maori back, well, according to the Indo we're making a play for James Lowe (who would count as a project player).
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

paddyor wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
Muldowney was IQ wasn't he?
aye but they wanted someone of similar quality/impact/he left big hole in team
neiliog93 wrote:Yeah Muldowney was IQ. I know this is more appropriate for the rumours thread, but re. the Maori back, well, according to the Indo we're making a play for James Lowe (who would count as a project player).
thats literally been in that thread since this morning :mullet 1:
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Oh yeah I only replied here because of the clairvoyant comment above.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

neiliog93 wrote:Oh yeah I only replied here because of the clairvoyant comment above.
This thread, rumour mill, and senior squad have essentially become Peoples Front of Judea, Judean Peoples Front, and the Judean Popular People's Front.
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Post by Fan with smartphone »

Watching brumbies this morning and Fardy looks in great shape for them. Super work rate, he had tackled, carried, poached ball, spoiled lineouts and had a disallowed try where he showed quick thinking at the ruck. He's in his prime years too. It's an excellent signing, although he could probsbly do with eating steady for the next 6 months if he is going to scrum both sides and to help his clearing out. Donnacha Ryan is indeed a good comparison, mentioned earlier. It's fairly recent he has forgotten about the back row and has not had to serve two masters of weight and mobility. It's really worked for him.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Happy with this. It's a mark of ambition in terms of signing someone who can help win things. It's been a while since we brought in a big name (relatively) from overseas to target an area where we are light.

He should turn a weak area into a strength of he works out.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Fan with smartphone wrote:Watching brumbies this morning and Fardy looks in great shape for them. Super work rate, he had tackled, carried, poached ball, spoiled lineouts and had a disallowed try where he showed quick thinking at the ruck. He's in his prime years too. It's an excellent signing, although he could probsbly do with eating steady for the next 6 months if he is going to scrum both sides and to help his clearing out. Donnacha Ryan is indeed a good comparison, mentioned earlier. It's fairly recent he has forgotten about the back row and has not had to serve two masters of weight and mobility. It's really worked for him.
I watched it and thought he was OK. Gave away a stupid obstruction penalty and was a bit wild with his clearouts, but very energetic and forced himself over for the try (that got called back) very well. I little bit inaccurate, was my read, but in a Brumbies team where inaccuracy seems to be the objective.

He actually reminded me of a John Muldoon type, not just because of size, beard and scrum cap.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

jezzer wrote:
Fan with smartphone wrote:Watching brumbies this morning and Fardy looks in great shape for them. Super work rate, he had tackled, carried, poached ball, spoiled lineouts and had a disallowed try where he showed quick thinking at the ruck. He's in his prime years too. It's an excellent signing, although he could probsbly do with eating steady for the next 6 months if he is going to scrum both sides and to help his clearing out. Donnacha Ryan is indeed a good comparison, mentioned earlier. It's fairly recent he has forgotten about the back row and has not had to serve two masters of weight and mobility. It's really worked for him.
I watched it and thought he was OK. Gave away a stupid obstruction penalty and was a bit wild with his clearouts, but very energetic and forced himself over for the try (that got called back) very well. I little bit inaccurate, was my read, but in a Brumbies team where inaccuracy seems to be the objective.

He actually reminded me of a John Muldoon type, not just because of size, beard and scrum cap.
That's high praise. John Muldoon is, unfortunately for him, one of the most underated one cap wonders Ireland has ever had.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Replete with penchant for stupid penalties :)
Leinster Lout
Graduate

Post by Leinster Lout »

Fardy hasn't been included in the Australia squad for the summer tests. Should mean he's not selected for the Rugby Championship so hopefully he can be here for the start of the season at least?
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Leinster Lout wrote:Fardy hasn't been included in the Australia squad for the summer tests. Should mean he's not selected for the Rugby Championship so hopefully he can be here for the start of the season at least?
Regular season for Super Rugby finishes on 15th July, with the quarter-finals the following weekend. Brumbies look like they'll top the Aussie conference (not saying much) which will give them a home quarter-final, probably against one of the New Zealand teams. That should be the end of their season.

Super Rugby final is on the 5th August.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Leinster Lout wrote:Fardy hasn't been included in the Australia squad for the summer tests. Should mean he's not selected for the Rugby Championship so hopefully he can be here for the start of the season at least?
It simply means he hasn't been included in the Australia squad for the summer tests.
I have Bumbleflex