for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

FLIP
Seán Cronin

Re: Friday's rant

Post by FLIP »

TheBear wrote:
Xanthippe wrote:
FLIP wrote:The Patriots stealing the greatest comeback of all time from Leinster
Ah well - we stole it from Liverpool in the first place so I guess it's only fair
Word on the street is that Brady was invoking the memory of Sexton and O'Driscoll in the locker room at half time.
:green clap:
Anyone But New Zealand
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

So, what fvckin eejit changed the rules of the road so that the correct action for drivers to take when 20 yards behind a cyclist indicating right is to speed up and threaten to overtake them on the outside halfway through the manoeuvre ?
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:So, what fvckin eejit changed the rules of the road so that the correct action for drivers to take when 20 yards behind a cyclist indicating right is to speed up and threaten to overtake them on the outside halfway through the manoeuvre ?
The same lad who made it ok for cars to run yield signs when the only oncoming traffic is a bicycle
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:So, what fvckin eejit changed the rules of the road so that the correct action for drivers to take when 20 yards behind a cyclist indicating right is to speed up and threaten to overtake them on the outside halfway through the manoeuvre ?
I'll get you next time!
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

paddyor wrote:
I'll get you next time!
Jaysus paddy, that's some banger you're driving so ;)
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
paddyor wrote:
I'll get you next time!
Jaysus paddy, that's some banger you're driving so ;)
He's on to you paddy.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Peg Leg wrote: He's on to you paddy.
Paddy knows. He's out in Darndale burning out a 91 Opel Corsa at the moment.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Probably politically incorrect comment, but who ever thought life in a museum was so exciting?
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Wayne Barnes, just infuriating
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Ethan Chandler gone missing again.
Must be going through a phase....
Daniel Sullivan
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Recently diagnosed with severe sleep apnea, and basically treated as a joke and non issue by friends and colleagues
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

RoboProp wrote:Recently diagnosed with severe sleep apnea, and basically treated as a joke and non issue by friends and colleagues
A neighbour of mine has (or had) this. Extremely debilitating and no offence robo, very hard on a family. Is there a treatment, Medicinal or other?

Good luck with getting over it.
Daniel Sullivan
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

RoboProp wrote:Recently diagnosed with severe sleep apnea, and basically treated as a joke and non issue by friends and colleagues
Welcome to the club. I had a recent diagnosis. Now using a CPAP machine at night. John23 jnr refers to it as my gimp mask.
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

The usual suspects are (I'm sure you've been told all this)
Drinking alcohol before going to bed is NOT recommended.
Lose weight - I'd recommend the five two diet, but talk to the doc first - It's not easy on the two fast days but grand on the five days.
The calorie limit on the two days has been increased from 600 to 800 - doesn't sound like much but it's a 33.333% increase.
There is equipment as suggested above in another post.
A compaby called Medicare might be worth looking up.
BTW I dropped a stone in weight relatively quickly (using the 2/5) and once your body adjusts (2 years) the weight stays off permanently(well you can't go mad either)
The basic idea is that your stomach reduces in size so you can't eat as much as you used to and you feel full on less food.
It works believe me.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Oldschool wrote:
The usual suspects are (I'm sure you've been told all this)
Drinking alcohol before going to bed is NOT recommended.
Lose weight - I'd recommend the five two diet, but talk to the doc first - It's not easy on the two fast days but grand on the five days.
The calorie limit on the two days has been increased from 600 to 800 - doesn't sound like much but it's a 33.333% increase.
There is equipment as suggested above in another post.
A compaby called Medicare might be worth looking up.
BTW I dropped a stone in weight relatively quickly (using the 2/5) and once your body adjusts (2 years) the weight stays off permanently(well you can't go mad either)
The basic idea is that your stomach reduces in size so you can't eat as much as you used to and you feel full on less food.
It works believe me.
Hope it works out for you OS, might give the auld 5:2 a try too, the "xmas weight" is starting to look a bit more permanent :?
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

John23 wrote:
Welcome to the club. I had a recent diagnosis. Now using a CPAP machine at night. John23 jnr refers to it as my gimp mask.
Going in again for an overnight stay to get fitted for mine. Found out the insurance company don't cover it.

I'm a big lad was 16 stone playing senior cup, and 18.5 in my club days. I always exercised but I changed offices around this time last year, and I stopped going to the gym at lunch and put on 2 stone in past year. Asthma and allergies don't help. Thank fook I don't really drink anymore and don't smoke or I'd be bo11ocksed...more so. We have a 5 month old which doesn't help getting to gym . Need to get fit and healthy for herself, the kids and me. Has the mask helped energy return?
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

RoboProp wrote:
John23 wrote:
Going in again for an overnight stay to get fitted for mine. Found out the insurance company don't cover it.

I'm a big lad was 16 stone playing senior cup, and 18.5 in my club days. I always exercised but I changed offices around this time last year, and I stopped going to the gym at lunch and put on 2 stone in past year. Asthma and allergies don't help. Thank fook I don't really drink anymore and don't smoke or I'd be bo11ocksed...more so. We have a 5 month old which doesn't help getting to gym . Need to get fit and healthy for herself, the kids and me. Has the mask helped energy return?
Take it one step at a time.
Little victories.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Sorry to hear it Robo - it's not well known that men put on baby weight too. All of us do it, it's hard not too when you have shorties around. It's easy enough to get back into the routine and eat better when every waking hour isn't devoured by a little vampire.

Which does happen.
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

Oldschool wrote:
RoboProp wrote:
John23 wrote: Welcome to the club. I had a recent diagnosis. Now using a CPAP machine at night. John23 jnr refers to it as my gimp mask.

Take it one step at a time.
Little victories.
I have been using the machine with mask for about three weeks now. Takes a bit of getting used to. First two or three nights weren't great but needs must. To make matters worse I have been told along with the sleep apnea I have what is called atrial fibulation. Hearing that spooked me so much I didn't even Google it. But as OS said little steps. Good luck.
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Best of luck to you too John23.