Ireland v. England

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Re: Ireland v. England

Post by RoboProp »

jezzer wrote:This site has gone to sh!t.

It's unreadable. Which is sad, I like talking about rugby. Thanks for the memories.
Have to agree with Jeezer. Thanks for your input over the years truly refreshing sight into the game we love
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Dave Cahill wrote:
wixfjord wrote:Two Ringrose moments stood out for me yesterday.
The first was the sublime pass to Earls in the first half up the right wing.
The second was his acceleration out of the line and hit on an English player in the second, real momentum booster.

He hasn't set the tournament alight, but he certainly has had his moments both offensively and defensively. That 10/12/13 is really knitting well together, bodes well for Wasps.
It worries me how good Elliot Daly has become though
Aye he's a tasty footballer alright. The long kicking is a huge asset too, means we can't afford to give away pens inside our own half.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Dave Cahill wrote:
The second was his acceleration out of the line and hit on an English player in the second, real momentum booster.

He hasn't set the tournament alight, but he certainly has had his moments both offensively and defensively. That 10/12/13 is really knitting well together, bodes well for Wasps.
It worries me how good Elliot Daly has become though
Noticed that also. If Marmion hadn't 'cut' him down on that diagonal run when he won the race in front of Earls for the chip /pass, we were in trouble. He has real gas and power and needs watching. Question is, will Wasps put him on wing or will he revert to centre?

The stopping of Launchbery was another major project yesterday. We were successful in that but he is a big troublesome unit. No longer have such concerns re Hughes who seems to lost his dynamic edge compared to last year. Still a big unit, but without acceleration.

All in all, Leinster players should be coming back to Camp in good fettle, even if starters need a full week of recovery before they get back to Aviva for another Sat early evening fiesta.

Hopefully, our supporters will have taken the lesson from yesterday as to just how valuable a noisy support base can be in a tough game. Almost every player interview mentioned it and it was exceptional. Reactive (to Chariots) and proactive (when required) in turn and making it clear who were the home team. An invaluable advantage
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

England had a bad day yesterday, but this is still the best English team since the World Cup winners. And they were the best team ever from the northern hemisphere.

They do have power, pace, and skill. I think it's smarts they lack a bit of. I think they showed that yesterday. They lacked the ability to change what wasn't working - they should have competed in a line out or two, and they should have kicked more. They would have needed the ball for that of course!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

That last POM lineout steal was from a Toner life. That combo is a super defensive lineout option if we have those two on the pitch at the same time.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

fourthirtythree wrote:England had a bad day yesterday, but this is still the best English team since the World Cup winners. And they were the best team ever from the northern hemisphere.

They do have power, pace, and skill. I think it's smarts they lack a bit of. I think they showed that yesterday. They lacked the ability to change what wasn't working - they should have competed in a line out or two, and they should have kicked more. They would have needed the ball for that of course!
Same could be said about us with thw maul tbh. Thpught we should have looles to movr it more/earlier given they'd 3 locks in the team
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Peg Leg wrote:

It's unreadable. Which is sad, I like talking about rugby. Thanks for the memories.
3-4 guys/girls have railroaded every conversation. Used to read every single post, probably miss most of the good info now because I flick through it pretty gast to avoid the shitfest.
on the plus side I reckon I can form a Lions style XV out of the posters I have on ignore
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Gavlar
Learner

Post by Gavlar »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:

3-4 guys/girls have railroaded every conversation. Used to read every single post, probably miss most of the good info now because I flick through it pretty gast to avoid the shitfest.
on the plus side I reckon I can form a Lions style XV out of the posters I have on ignore
Speaking of which, how do you put someone on ignore on tapatalk? I can't quite figure it out and seriously need to use it.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Ive never used it Im afraid (tapatalk)

think you click on the username and select 'add foe'
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

paddyor wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:England had a bad day yesterday, but this is still the best English team since the World Cup winners. And they were the best team ever from the northern hemisphere.

Same could be said about us with thw maul tbh. Thpught we should have looles to movr it more/earlier given they'd 3 locks in the team
But we scored the try from a lineout maul. They shipped one. So one of the two teams had the excuse of a tactic working to convince it to keep trying.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Gavlar wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
Peg Leg wrote: 3-4 guys/girls have railroaded every conversation. Used to read every single post, probably miss most of the good info now because I flick through it pretty gast to avoid the shitfest.
Speaking of which, how do you put someone on ignore on tapatalk? I can't quite figure it out and seriously need to use it.
So view the authors profile by selecting their name. A header should appear informing you of their Tapatalk profile, select the link in there or the arrow to view their Tapatalk profile. Select the 3 dots on the top RHS and select block.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Here are both of those moments. Two nice little cameos:
https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/sta ... 9273592832
http://img2.thejournal.ie/inline/329622 ... on=3296227
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

are you outing yourself as Murray Kinsella Wixfjord? :shock:

:lol:
I have Bumbleflex
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Dave Cahill wrote:are you outing yourself as Murray Kinsella Wixfjord? :shock:

:lol:
No just stealing from him!
Gavlar
Learner

Post by Gavlar »

Cheers Peg Leg. That should cut reading time in here by about 40%!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

He has a piece up too on what Payne brought to the attack (as first receiver)
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Sexton has a word with Haskell
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

wixfjord wrote:

Here are both of those moments. Two nice little cameos:
https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/sta ... 9273592832
http://img2.thejournal.ie/inline/329622 ... on=3296227
Daly's defence in the 2nd clip is brilliant.

Just like Youngs and Brown when Earls knocked on. They were both tackling Payne and both got back to stop Earls.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

FLIP wrote:IRFUs stats making quite the statement against the narrative that POM was the saviour of the lineout.

Lineouts Won -

6 Donnacha Ryan
3 Peter O'Mahony
2 CJ Stander

The lineout POM stole with Toner lifting - a trick we've not often seen, but makes lots of sense.

POM has a busy day with a lot of tackles, and a lot of carrying, but the carrying wasn't effective for only a 6m gain.

Backs up my feelings that Ryan should have gotten the plaudits today.

http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/39314.php
I was fairly sure that those stats were wrong, and just watching against the head, it is clear that they were.
They have since been changed with POM being accredited with 5 lineout takes, but it is actually 6 if you include his steal.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Turnovers are included in lineouts won.
Anyone But New Zealand