Grenoble rugby players arrested

Post by scentofgunpowder »

Chris Farrell and Denis Coulson being questioned by French police this morning

EDIT: They have now been placed in custody, along with 4 others
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Re: Munster 2016-2017

Post by jimbobjoe »

scentofgunpowder wrote:Chris Farrell and Denis Coulson being questioned by French police this morning

http://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites/ ... edi/787496
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

scentofgunpowder wrote:Chris Farrell and Denis Coulson being questioned by French police this morning

Theyve been fired too.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

This really doesn't look good.

Is this a knee jerk reaction by Grenoble or is there something that hasn't been released yet?
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

paddyor wrote:

Theyve been fired too.

Have they? I knew they were suspended last week alright
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Also, its worth pointing out without making any statement regarding the case itself, its not unusual to take people who are making statements about an incident into custody so those statements can be made under caution, for the benefit of all parties involved
I have Bumbleflex
scentofgunpowder
Bookworm

Post by scentofgunpowder »

Dave Cahill wrote:
paddyor wrote:

Theyve been fired too.

Have they? I knew they were suspended last week alright

RTE reported that they have been fired but have now edited it to say they were suspended
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Someone was using Google Translate no doubt!
I have Bumbleflex
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

scentofgunpowder wrote:RTE reported that they have been fired but have now edited it to say they were suspended
Yeah, would have thought it was next to impossible to fire someone esp in France without them even being charged first.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Last edited by simonokeeffe on March 22nd, 2017, 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

As none of the players interviewed are signed to Munster in the 2016/17 season can the above posts be moved to a separate thread.

The actions of those involved have no connection to Munster and it would be wrong to implicate Munster Rugby.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Cor. Ind.
Learner

Post by Cor. Ind. »

IanD wrote:As none of the players interviewed are signed to Munster in the 2016/17 season can the above posts be moved to a separate thread.

The actions of those involved have no connection to Munster and it would be wrong to implicate Munster Rugby.
+1
"Only in America!"

Yogi Berra - on learning the Lord Mayor of Dublin was a Jew.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Cor. Ind. wrote:
IanD wrote:As none of the players interviewed are signed to Munster in the 2016/17 season can the above posts be moved to a separate thread.

+1
Ah, sure nobodies implicating Munster in anything. Farrel has just agreed to move to Munster so that is why, I suppose, the original poster put it in the Munster thread. Could also have been in the Ulster or ex-Leinster players thread too.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

No one has accused Munster or the players of any wrong doing. But it is news concerning Munster, given they've signed Farrell for next season.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

paddyor wrote:

No one has accused Munster or the players of any wrong doing. But it is news concerning Munster, given they've signed Farrell for next season.
My point exactly. Signed for next season. This thread is for this season.

I am not saying it should not be discussed but just not here.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

paddyor wrote:

neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Ah that's a bit fussy now in fairness. Absolutely nobody has even remotely implied that Munster are implicated in this, as that would be utterly ridiculous given the whole affair is outside Irish jurisdiction.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cor. Ind.
Learner

Post by Cor. Ind. »

simonokeeffe wrote:*** Edited by Mod ***
A young woman has (allegedly) been gang-raped and this is your response?
Last edited by limecat on March 22nd, 2017, 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Ill-advised quoted comment removed.
"Only in America!"

Yogi Berra - on learning the Lord Mayor of Dublin was a Jew.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Done Simon.
Last edited by paddyor on March 22nd, 2017, 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

IanD wrote:
paddyor wrote:

Signed this season. If anythingcomes of this it will impact Munster and they'll have to do so.ething this season.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles