Stuart Lancaster joining Leinster

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Re: Stuart Lancaster joining Leinster

Post by johng »

If that happens.... I'll paint me mickey red and march naked across O'Connell Bridge chanting Jamie Heaslip wouldn't get into the Munster B&I cup team.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

johng wrote:If that happens.... I'll paint me mickey red and march naked across O'Connell Bridge chanting Jamie Heaslip wouldn't get into the Munster B&I cup team.
Saved for posterity
A proud Winsome Fluter
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Indo reporting that the entire coaching team have agreed contracts to 2019
I have Bumbleflex
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

I'll wait for something more official rather than trust the INDO, ta very much.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

RTE reporting the the same.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Fantastic news.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

deco wrote:
BlueWheels wrote:I was more worried about if RE goes now, that Lancaster hasn't actually signed as yet so we could be gazumped!!
, You've got to be Kiddin' , Bomber is no Judas
He might know a bit about article 50 (EU divorce proceedings) tho'.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

deco wrote:RTE reporting the the same.

I listened to this and I thought they were borrowing from the Indo, although they did say an announcement was imminent.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dave Cahill wrote:Indo reporting that the entire coaching team have agreed contracts to 2019
Delighted to hear that. Have to say I was curious to see if anyone would drop out. Just little things like Leo appearing to take a backseat with team talks etc and Girv coming out early at HT on Saturday to set up some drills made think we might lose someone. Not that I know the ins and outs of what everyone does but when it's been working well I wouldn't have wanted to lose anyone.

Think this is the perfect length of time for Lancaster to make a real impact here and then head back to a big job in England.
BlueWheels
Bookworm

Post by BlueWheels »

The actual headline in the Indo is interesting "Leinster handed boost with Lancaster and rest of coaching team to stay in place until 2019" .... I'd have thought it would have read "Cullen and the rest ....."

They do however say in the body of the article that Leo is staying
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Indo reporting that the entire coaching team have agreed contracts to 2019
Delighted to hear that. Have to say I was curious to see if anyone would drop out. Just little things like Leo appearing to take a backseat with team talks etc and Girv coming out early at HT on Saturday to set up some drills made think we might lose someone. Not that I know the ins and outs of what everyone does but when it's been working well I wouldn't have wanted to lose anyone.

Think this is the perfect length of time for Lancaster to make a real impact here and then head back to a big job in England.
Not sure that he'll go anywhere after two years. His children are coming towards the end of their second level education, which was [from what I have heard] the biggest factor stopping him from committing earlier; his home is still in England and he essentially commutes. This article has some direct quotes from him about his current situation: http://www.the42.ie/stuart-lancaster-le ... 8-Jan2017/

In two years' time his children will likely be heading to university, which entirely changes his situation. Lots of kids in the UK go away to university. They might go elsewhere in the UK, or they might even come here for college. In any case, they'll become more independent.

He really likes the job, and both he and his wife like Dublin. I'm pretty sure he got an absolute ton of money from the RFU; he was under contract until 2020. I don't think that's an issue for him, and I wouldn't imagine that cash money is his main motivation in any case.

A lot can happen in two years, but Lancaster is obviously a fully-formed character and [equally obviously] an outstanding technical coach. Those things won't change.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Think I've said this before, but the fact that this unusual coaching arrangement has worked out is really testament to the character of Leo, Girve and Stuart. I'm sure all three have coaching egos, and many coaches wouldn't work well at all in this situation, but all three are open minded enough to work collaboratively.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

How can a team with such terrible body language agree a contract extension? This is a disaster.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Peg Leg wrote:How can a team with such terrible body language agree a contract extension? This is a disaster.
:lol:
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Peg Leg wrote:How can a team with such terrible body language agree a contract extension? This is a disaster.
:mullet 1:

maybe they brought the cups of tea back
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

You need to brush up on your body language.
Perhaps a diagnostic of your visual sensory system would be in order.
ie Your eyesight :wink:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

wixfjord wrote:Think I've said this before, but the fact that this unusual coaching arrangement has worked out is really testament to the character of Leo, Girve and Stuart. I'm sure all three have coaching egos, and many coaches wouldn't work well at all in this situation, but all three are open minded enough to work collaboratively.
Unusual coaching arrangements are the only ones that work here. Cheika did one thing. Joe was head,backs and defence coach with a skills coach.

MOC tried to play a straight swap for Joe and it didn't work.

The Lancaster arrangement is working, but the next one will probably be different, hopefully
matt
Graduate

Post by matt »

wixfjord wrote:Think I've said this before, but the fact that this unusual coaching arrangement has worked out is really testament to the character of Leo, Girve and Stuart. I'm sure all three have coaching egos, and many coaches wouldn't work well at all in this situation, but all three are open minded enough to work collaboratively.
Don't forget Fogerty he is the best communicator especially on matchday of the 4 and seems to be doing very well with the front row forwards generally. I get the impression from some others previous posts that Fogerty not appreciated enough by some on this forum and wondering if some people still a bit narrow minded about Munster coaches?
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

What?

At a guess I'd say it's that most people judge him as a player rather than as a coach. That and we believe we have some of the best front row options in Europe.

That said I do enjoy hearing him talk. But then I find Leo reassuring also. And a hugely impressive guy in general.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

if I'm ever expecting bad news from the Doc then I think I'll ask for Leo to deliver it. Always so calm, incisive, and positive.