Friday's rant

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

If it's any use, I worked with a guy who had sleep apnea for years. The mask is uncomfortable, but he got used to it fairly quickly, now it's just part of his routine
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Yeah, you can get used to lots of stuff with sleep. I've known people with the mask and couldn't figure it out. It's nothing like that but I had some crappy tendonitis and had to have splints immobilising both hands and wrists for some time. I could see people looking at them wondering how you slept in them, but it's like my tinnitus - you think about something else. It's good discipline and it actually works.
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

There are different kind of masks- sometimes the full face ones are ironically more comfortable and tolerated better (even if they don't look it).

If CPAP works you'll be surprised at how little "quality" sleep you've actually been getting and should find a massive difference.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Got the machine last week. Ye Gods! I feel like a new man

Oh and while I'm on rant thread, is it wrong that I want to take a flamethrower to that house and hipster couple in the KBC mortgage ad. Dance those flames off in your cliched sitting room you useless cnuts :evil:
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

RoboProp wrote:Got the machine last week. Ye Gods! I feel like a new man

Oh and while I'm on rant thread, is it wrong that I want to take a flamethrower to that house and hipster couple in the KBC mortgage ad. Dance those flames off in your cliched sitting room you useless cnuts :evil:
I'll watch the ad and let you know.
I presume you're not in a hurry for an answer?
Glad to hear you're getting a decent bit of kip btw.
BTW arson is a felony. :wink: but I can lend you a flamethrower however there are a number of conditions.
Don't stop at the hipstered couple.
AIB, BOI etc you get the drift I'm sure, could do with feeling the heat too.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Bus Eireann picketing Dublin Bus depots
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

cormac wrote:Bus Eireann picketing Dublin Bus depots
And irish rail joining in. Maynooth is awash with penniless students floating around with their weekend bags of washing.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Tapatalk changing my preference settings when I upgrade

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Daniel Sullivan
Ibane
Beginner

Post by Ibane »

The tv licence.
For the last couple of years, the only things I've watched on rte are soccer and rugby internationals, the gaa championship and rugby on tg4.
All of those would be available on commercial channels including free to air ones if rte hadn't competed for the rights.
I find rte radio sports coverage anaemic compared to newstalk and second captains so i don't bother with it.
For news and current affairs it's either newstalk, matt cooper or newspapers.
I resent being forced to pay for something i don't want especially considering the ridiculous sums paid to Marion finucane, joe duffy and others.
If RTE is such great value let it go subscription only, it should clean up.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Friday's rant

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

sarah_lennon wrote:1. People who point at their wrist while asking for the time.... I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

Habit

2 People who are willing to get off their arse to search the entire room for the T.V... remote because they refuse to walk to the T.V. and change the channel manually.

You're bang on there

3 When people say 'Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too'. Damn right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

That's not what this means - having your cake AND eating it actually means keeping your cake and eating it as in NOT eating your cake AND eating it :)

4 When people say 'it's always the last place you look'.. Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they? Gonna Kick their arses!

Yeah, kinda like praying to st Anthony - you shoulda tried that first shouldn't ya!!

5 When people say while watching a film 'did you see that?'. No Loser, I paid €10 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor.

People do get distracted (or in my case fall asleep occasionally)

6 People who ask 'Can I ask you a question?'.... Didn't really give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

Lol - I actually sometimes do this just to annoy people

7. When something is 'new and improved!'. Which is it? If it's new, then there has never been anything before it. If it's an improvement, then there must have been something before it, couldn't be new.

Good point!!!

8 When people say 'life is short'. What the hell?? Life is the longest damn thing anyone ever does!! What can you do that's longer?

You'll feel different when you're older and grumpier

9 When you are waiting for the bus and someone asks 'Has the bus come yet?'. If the bus came would I be standing here, dumbarse?

In fairness, I find this to be an almost humorous opener - but you're pretty bang on here too
I love going through old threads :) this ones a little gem.

I've answered a few above, just because I'm the type of idiot that says these things.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Come back Sarah..........
Daniel Sullivan
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Not sure about point two though: so many tellys have no ability to work without remotes any more. Or at least are incredibly awkward.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

fourthirtythree wrote:Not sure about point two though: so many tellys have no ability to work without remotes any more. Or at least are incredibly awkward.
Don't they all have up down btns for channel, source, volume and menu though ?
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:Not sure about point two though: so many tellys have no ability to work without remotes any more. Or at least are incredibly awkward.
No. They don't. Which is amazing.

In a bad way.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Friday's rant

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

fourthirtythree wrote:
Oldschoolsocks wrote:

In a bad way.
Well that's just shite!!! :)?
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

fourthirtythree wrote:
Oldschoolsocks wrote:

In a bad way.
Especially so when your four year old drops the remote into the jacks and then asks you can she watch something on the TV.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Oldschool wrote:when your four year old drops the remote into the jacks and then asks you can she watch something on the TV.
Brexit defined
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

TerenureJim wrote:
Oldschool wrote:when your four year old drops the remote into the jacks and then asks you can she watch something on the TV.
Brexit defined
That is about the funniest response I have read on here. Up there with goujon/ poulet
Daniel Sullivan
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

TerenureJim wrote:
Brexit defined
Four year old grandaughter I meant, not that it matters.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Every f%~king Tapatalk update turning the signature back on grrrrr
I have Bumbleflex