Leinster v Wasps Aviva Stadium 1st April KO 3.15 BT

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

jimbobjoe
Mullet

Re: Leinster v Wasps Aviva Stadium 1st April KO 3.15 BT

Post by jimbobjoe »

LeinsterLeader wrote:My favorite moment of the day. Not often Leinster players show emotion like this. Was great to see how much it meant to him!

Love it. If there's a picture to show what Ferg brings, this is it.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

jimbobjoe wrote:
LeinsterLeader wrote:My favorite moment of the day. Not often Leinster players show emotion like this. Was great to see how much it meant to him!

Mr Leinster! Delighted for Ferg. What a competitor!
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Leinster v Wasps Aviva Stadium 1st April KO 3.15 BT

Post by artaneboy »

Just watched the match on BT. BOD was doing the analysis and was incisive as ever. Interestingly gave Isa a series of ticking-offs on errors. That included coming too far into the line for Wade's try. Cutting in too early when Ringrose looked give him a one-on-one 15 metres from their line, being a bit casual in grounding the ball for his own try, etc. Good to see legends don't spare each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by artaneboy on April 1st, 2017, 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Henshaw is a f*cking animal. No disrespect to Joey, but the man of the match was wearing blue No12.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

hugonaut wrote:Henshaw is a f*cking animal. No disrespect to Joey, but the man of the match was wearing blue No12.
+1
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

paddyor wrote:
hugonaut wrote:Henshaw is a f*cking animal. No disrespect to Joey, but the man of the match was wearing blue No12.
+1
+1 what a wonderful team player.
Dundalk 1
Bookworm

Post by Dundalk 1 »

Absolutely but Ringrose compliments him so well

Joint MOTM
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

couldn't agree more---love what this dude brings....great performance...
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

hugonaut wrote:
jimbobjoe wrote:

Mr Leinster! Delighted for Ferg. What a competitor!
+1! Amazing! Ferg's been through the mill the last couple of seasons with injury and had kind of been written off as yesterday's man. The amount of cr@p written about him across FB and Twitter, when Joe called him to the Ireland squad before the England match, with all the ****in turnips screamin Sweetnam'd been overlooked, wronged etc. was disgraceful, IMO. Delighted it went so well for Ferg and that he proved the begrudgers wrong. He has the attitude in spades we're going to need right across the 23, if we're to have any chance of winning in France.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Henshaw was my MOTM. He is pure class and makes yards every single time he gets the ball.

I was delighted to see McFadden back and playing so well although Adam Byrne didn't look too injured going off. Can anyone name a player more committed than Ferg? I can see why Joe Schmidt brought him into the 6N squad.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Great performance and impressive result. There was some tempo to the game - particularly in the first half - and we fought and dominated them at their own game.

Some of the younger players had huge games - Leavy, Henshaw, Carbery, Ringrose, Conan - which was great to see.
However, it was even more rewarding to see some of our older squad members who have struggled with injuries stepping up big time. Sexton and SOB performed to a level as good as they ever have.

Delighted for Ferg too. Did Byrne really come off injured? Looked like it could have been a shepherd's crook, as it happened after he had made a couple of defensive slips.

Looking at the interweb today, the turnips are over the moon and think they are the best thing on the planet... But they really struggled to put away the worst Toulouse side in my lifetime. The final score puts the gloss over a game where Toulouse - despite being utterly awful, as they have been often in the Top14 this season - were within one score with 5 minutes to go. We, on the other hand, blew away a very impressive Wasps side that is top of the premiership (Toulouse are 10th in the Top 14). Beyond a 10-5 minute period, we looked in total control.
We both (likely) have very difficult next games but we emerged very well out of a tough test yesterday.
Last edited by curates_egg on April 2nd, 2017, 8:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

In case people missed it BT Sports carried a 20 min Craig Doyle piece last evening (during Munster game) entitled "From the Ground Up". Current interviews with Leo and Burt and some very interesting insights. Presume it is on Catch-up TV.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Adam Byrne was getting treatment a couple of minutes before he came off so I'd be pretty confident he picked up an injury
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

A feral performance.
Bod bottled it (the MOM award) - not like him to be fair - a kick and clap performance from the great one. :wink:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

cormac wrote:Adam Byrne was getting treatment a couple of minutes before he came off so I'd be pretty confident he picked up an injury
You are correct.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

AB was Definitely injured. He was right in front of us on the sideline. He was grabbing handfuls of flesh behind the thigh ( is that the hamstring?) for about 6 minutes before going off.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Just a thought on Ringrose.
The rest of the team aren't up to speed with him yet.
He makes a lot of ground and space for others to exploit.
The others just aren't there yet.
Isa's cut back is an example. Isa didn't expect Ringrose to make that much space for him on the outside cos most players wouldn't have that ability.
Only playing and training together will build that understanding - can't wait for the days when it all starts to click.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Just watching it back, Carbery's pass for Isa's try was a thing of beauty. It was Madigan/Noel Reid esque.

Also seem to remember Furling throwing a double skip pass too. What a legend :lol:
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Strange little thing I noticed yesterday, did anyone see the badge tapping from Isa as he was walking out, Conan when he scored his try and Ferg when he scored?

Might just be coincidence, but it's something I've never seen before from Leinster players. Good to see some pride in the geansai!

https://twitter.com/leinsterrugby/statu ... 1707801601
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

I thought Carbery was the stand out player. He made a few mistakes but the positives heavily outweighed any negatives. He looks very casual at times but you can see he is always probing for the weak spots in the opposition defence.

While most of the Leinster squad had a good game, they still made numerous mistakes. They still have a bit to go in terms of the team gelling but they're on the right road.

Wasps looked well beaten. Jimmy Gopperth boasted that the AP is far more intense than the pro12 but the pro12 clubs have dominated the AP clubs this season. Saracens still the stand out AP side by far.