Munster 2016-2017

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Re: Munster 2016-2017

Post by neiliog93 »

Terrible news for Munster if he leaves. I hope for irish rugby's sake it doesn't stymie their resurgence next season.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cor. Ind.
Learner

Post by Cor. Ind. »

Seems Venter is only with RSA for the summer tests and then back to Italy. This has all the hallmarks of AC being sacked or kicked up stairs, with Rassie & Nienbar taking over the coaching. Now that would rip the heart or rather the brainstrust out of Munster!

:(
"Only in America!"

Yogi Berra - on learning the Lord Mayor of Dublin was a Jew.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Peg Leg wrote:
munster#1 wrote:If Rassie goes it's hard to blame him, he will have the chance to do what nearly every coach would aspire to do, coach their national squad.

It would have a massive impact on Munster however.
It's hard to know who Munster should line up as the next coach, it will have to be a coach that wants to continue what is happening, rather than stamp their own mark.

Lancaster may be a good fit as director of rugby with POC brought in as forwards coach, and Nienebar made head coach.
Apart from the fact that Bomber wants to stick with the hands on coaching of the team and not the DOR stuff, yeah he would.

How did you put it last week?
"Jealousy is a sickening feeling alright"
Hardly a jealousy situation.

I just think he would be a good fit. He has a very similar back ground to Rassie, with a massive amount of experience, and his effect has been shown in the way that Leinster have improved this season.

I am not suggesting that this will happen, or that I've heard a rumour, so others need to insinuate that this is a wum or a dig or whatever is just lazy and childish.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

munster#1 wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:
munster#1 wrote:If Rassie goes it's hard to blame him, he will have the chance to do what nearly every coach would aspire to do, coach their national squad.

It would have a massive impact on Munster however.
It's hard to know who Munster should line up as the next coach, it will have to be a coach that wants to continue what is happening, rather than stamp their own mark.

Lancaster may be a good fit as director of rugby with POC brought in as forwards coach, and Nienebar made head coach.
Apart from the fact that Bomber wants to stick with the hands on coaching of the team and not the DOR stuff, yeah he would.

How did you put it last week?
"Jealousy is a sickening feeling alright"
Hardly a jealousy situation.

I just think he would be a good fit. He has a very similar back ground to Rassie, with a massive amount of experience, and his effect has been shown in the way that Leinster have improved this season.

I am not suggesting that this will happen, or that I've heard a rumour, so others need to insinuate that this is a wum or a dig or whatever is just lazy and childish.
Come on man, we used to enjoy doing this!
Can we agree on one of those emoticon things to use for "a friendly dig /jest/banter between 2 consenting adults knowingly having a bit of a laugh no hard feelings" smiley face type of thing? That way you'll know and vice versa?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

From a paper called the Evening Echo.....
MUNSTER are believed to be looking at former Ireland defence and Toulon coach Mike Ford as a possible replacement for Rassie Erasmus should he return to South Africa to take up a Director of Rugby post.

Ford who worked with the IRFU parted company yesterday by mutual agreement with Toulon with immediate effect.

Ford, who also coached Bath, is a free agent and would tick a lot of the boxes for the province and IRFU.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

blockhead wrote:From a paper called the Evening Echo.....
MUNSTER are believed to be looking at former Ireland defence and Toulon coach Mike Ford as a possible replacement for Rassie Erasmus should he return to South Africa to take up a Director of Rugby post.

Ford who worked with the IRFU parted company yesterday by mutual agreement with Toulon with immediate effect.

Ford, who also coached Bath, is a free agent and would tick a lot of the boxes for the province and IRFU.
This sounds very much like a 2+2=5 story.

If true though, I'm not sure if Mike Ford would exactly fit into Munster's 'culture'. Without putting too fine a point on it, he comes across like a total bell end.
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

wixfjord wrote:
blockhead wrote:From a paper called the Evening Echo.....

This sounds very much like a 2+2=5 story.

If true though, I'm not sure if Mike Ford would exactly fit into Munster's 'culture'. Without putting too fine a point on it, he comes across like a total bell end.
He might fit right in then.....

Joking aside, this buying into the Jersey thing some peddle down south is rubbish. A good professional player or coach will apply themselves as required or get moved on pretty quickly. So all they have to do is their job, do a couple of pressers saying how wonderful the fans are, special the ground is - then pose with a pint in hand along side some fans and the jersey is bought in to. It what every decent pro does in every club.
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

It also helps to get pictured going for a puck around with a hurl
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Would Munster fancy a coach who left his son's club under a cloud?

Not the calibre of individual that fits in with the brave and the FAITHFUL!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

jimbobjoe wrote:It also helps to get pictured going for a puck around with a hurl
Mickey Bent style!
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

*cough* ROG *cough*

Rumours that he's joining Irelands summer tour.
A proud Winsome Fluter
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Johan Ackerman's appointment by Gloucester for next three years takes a very good potential candidate out of the field.

Nothing I have seen from Mike Ford's career as a Head Coach has convinced me that that level is his natural level. A great defence coach, but what level Head Coach?
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Johan Ackerman's appointment by Gloucester for next three years takes a very good potential candidate out of the field.

Nothing I have seen from Mike Ford's career as a Head Coach has convinced me that that level is his natural level. A great defence coach, but what level Head Coach?
And as well as he got bath playing the suspicion was that like Dai Young he did a lot of the improvement via shopping with a big wallet.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Hasnt Ford gone through/out the door of 2 clubs in less than a year? Plus think he likes VERY large pay cheques himself, nothing wrong with that but if thats what he gets out of bed for he might stay where he is
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:*cough* ROG *cough*

Rumours that he's joining Irelands summer tour.
So is Felix, and he is already onboard. I think Jackman would be a good fit, with top14 head coach experience
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Find it difficult to see what Jackman's CV offers to an Irish Province or National set-up. Reasonable evidence he is a good manager / organiser and possibly a good identifier of talent. But Coaching and consistency of performance....?

His biggest problem at this point is that it is very difficult to go back down a ladder facing forward and if you go down backwards you can get knocked off by people moving upwards quickly.

His best option may be punditry and he appears to be liked within media. If he gets back into coaching however, he should minimise his multi-tasking.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Jaysus both ROG and Jackman would be a serious step down from Rassie.
Couldn't see a ROG with Nienaber scenario working out either.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

wixfjord wrote:Jaysus both ROG and Jackman would be a serious step down from Rassie.
Couldn't see a ROG with Nienaber scenario working out either.
latter smacks of Penney & Foley

ROG seems to be taking a very measured/long term eye to his coaching ambitions
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Fairly serious Glasgae side coming to Cork:

15. Stuart Hogg (98)

14. Tommy Seymour (98)

13. Nick Grigg (17)

12. Alex Dunbar (96)