Ospreys v Leinster Sat 3pm - Live on Sky

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

papachino
Graduate

Re: Ospreys v Leinster Sat 3pm - Live on Sky

Post by papachino »

Carbery needs to stay at fullback, his kicking today was muck; straight to the fullback, basically a turnover for Ospreys...

On another note, Munster Referees are bloody awful for us !!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Post match interview he described himself as dazed and that he didn't remember much of the last ten minutes...

We have had a couple of jammy wins recently.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

papachino wrote:Carbery needs to stay at fullback, his kicking today was muck; straight to the fullback, basically a turnover for Ospreys...

Really? He had a few lovely kicks, one right into the corner.
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

wixfjord wrote:
papachino wrote:Carbery needs to stay at fullback, his kicking today was muck; straight to the fullback, basically a turnover for Ospreys...

Really? He had a few lovely kicks, one right into the corner.
I agree completely, his kicking was for the most part really good
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Thought Dave K had a good game out there today. Would start him next week and give him a shot for Clermont.
Rhys stood up well too.
Nagle was our best second row on show also. Mick K was anonymous and Dev poor.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

wixfjord wrote:Jesus but we made hard work of that. So many errors and stupidity.

Looked much more fluid when Nick McCarthy came on too.
+1. Mick Kearney needs to find his inner dog. Looks too lackadaisical to me at times - if not all the time. Nagle and Dooley got well stuck in when they come on. Ditto Leavy too, but that goes without saying at this stage. Fantastic determination to score that try!!!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

riocard911 wrote:
wixfjord wrote:Jesus but we made hard work of that. So many errors and stupidity.

+1. Mick Kearney needs to find his inner dog. Looks too lackadaisical to me at times - if not all the time. Nagle and Dooley got well stuck in when they come on. Ditto Leavy too, but that goes without saying at this stage. Fantastic determination to score that try!!!
I think MK's style of play is his undoing and hes destroying himself with it essentially, not sure whether its technique or what but hes flying in with these big hits and clearouts and just giving himself headknocks and wrecking his shoulders. Nagle did look good

Leavy is now firmly ahead of JVDF

Think Carberry was very deep cos of JGP

But we brainfarted a lot eg scrum turnover, McFadden restart drop, butchering one or two chances
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

simonokeeffe wrote:
riocard911 wrote:

I think MK's style of play is his undoing and hes destroying himself with it essentially, not sure whether its technique or what but hes flying in with these big hits and clearouts and just giving himself headknocks and wrecking his shoulders. Nagle did look good

Leavy is now firmly ahead of JVDF

Think Carberry was very deep cos of JGP

But we brainfarted a lot eg scrum turnover, McFadden restart drop, butchering one or two chances
Really? They'd 2 turnovers each I thought.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

I reckon so
Its not turnovers alone
TBF JVDF got into the game way more when Leavy came on so they make a good combo/option but so does Leavy & SOB
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Expected us to lose so delighted with the win, but a poor performance, especially from Isa who twice opted to turn down easy kicks to go to the corner and then tried for the posts when the kick was out of his range. Ross Byrne scored a great drop goal (that seemed to take an enternity to come down) but we were lucky Biggar was off his kicking form all day.

Haven't lost since Munster away and great to keep that going. A win in Galway next week should secure a home semi.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

VDF had a seriously good game I thought, Tipuric played well too but I thought VDF got the better of their duel. Cronin immense.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Given the selection risks we have taken so often (7+ changes in majority of games since Christmas) that was a great win. Some excellent contributions and returns to play. Lots of mistakes, including the Ref. But overall, a demonstration that this Squad believe theycan play their way ahead of anybody, regardless of mistakes we make.

Really warm glow about the win.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

cant decide if biggars last minute miss or cronin running around him to score a try in the first half was my favourite moment from that game. Thought we were a little scuffy today and lucky. hopefully everyone is fit for clermont in two weeks. snagged two tix from the clermont website yesterday.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Biggar doing his utmost to get Finn Russell selected for the Lions tour. Good player on his day but showed again he lacks a bit of mental strength.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Biggar's post match interview wasn't great. Said he didn't remember much of the last 10 mins and was a bit dazed...
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Delighted with that. Tbh I felt that we never really got out of second gear. First 20 was dreadful but even after that we only played really well in short bursts when we needed something.

Really good impact from the bench, I wouldn't have expected that before the game but they made a big difference. I don't really see why Nagle suddenly fell out of favour and he was good again when he came on. Nick McCarthy was very good too and I hope we see more of him before the end of the season.

The entire team improved as the game went on but it's hard not to notice how much better we play when Leavy is on the pitch. Cronin makes a big difference too and that try was phenomenal regardless of how poor Biggar's defence was.

Funny how the manner of the finish to the game takes away from the enjoyment somewhat but that was some drop goal from Byrne. We've seen world class outhalves bottle taking drop goals never mind actually scoring them and he struck that beautifully from really far out without us really setting him up for it...balls of steel. If we didn't have Sexton and there wasn't such (understandable) hype around Joey then we'd be raving about this guy, he's absolute quality and mentally really strong. I was resigned to us losing but wouldn't have been critical of Ross if we had done so, hard not to attempt that tackle in the circumstances.

My one concern after today and last week is Isa. I think he's finally starting to show his age.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Delighted with that. Tbh I felt that we never really got out of second gear. First 20 was dreadful but even after that we only played really well in short bursts when we needed something.

Really good impact from the bench, I wouldn't have expected that before the game but they made a big difference. I don't really see why Nagle suddenly fell out of favour and he was good again when he came on. Nick McCarthy was very good too and I hope we see more of him before the end of the season.

The entire team improved as the game went on but it's hard not to notice how much better we play when Leavy is on the pitch. Cronin makes a big difference too and that try was phenomenal regardless of how poor Biggar's defence was.

Funny how the manner of the finish to the game takes away from the enjoyment somewhat but that was some drop goal from Byrne. We've seen world class outhalves bottle taking drop goals never mind actually scoring them and he struck that beautifully from really far out without us really setting him up for it...balls of steel. If we didn't have Sexton and there wasn't such (understandable) hype around Joey then we'd be raving about this guy, he's absolute quality and mentally really strong. I was resigned to us losing but wouldn't have been critical of Ross if we had done so, hard not to attempt that tackle in the circumstances.

My one concern after today and last week is Isa. I think he's finally starting to show his age.

I really don't get that either. Presumably Leo has been purposely rotating guys behind Triggs and Toner, but it hasn't really worked. Nagle for me has put in the most impressive performances of the season of the other guys, yet fell off the face of the earth for a while.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Delighted with that. Tbh I felt that we never really got out of second gear. First 20 was dreadful but even after that we only played really well in short bursts when we needed something.

Also concerned about Isa at FB. But may be as simple as he takes more time to adjust to position from wing as years advance.

Totally agree with overall assessment that we rarely got out of second gear but what a tribute to how we can play that an disjointed performance can still get a result like that.

Well done Ross Byrne. Good bottle, but great execution. The real test.
Blue Voodoo
Knowledgeable

Post by Blue Voodoo »

What a superb drop goal from Byrne to win the game really pleased for him and the team

Looked at the final penalty awarded to Ospreys - can't see why it was given would have been very sore about it if it cost us the game
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Massive, Massive win for us today. Might just be enough to finish in the top 2. Byrne's drop goal was a peach and I hope it brings him along another step. Welcome back Nugget.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!