The other semi

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

mtleinster
Enlightened

The other semi

Post by mtleinster »

So I'm not going to make it to Lyon, and am part of the anyone but Saracens brigade, so im going to support our southerly brothers in the Aviva

Does anyone know if these went on general sale :)

Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Re: The other semi

Post by blockhead »

The mood coming out of the eng media is that Saracens are unbeatable. Just the kind of game that Munster will relish so. I hope they smash them.
Although, what would be the consequences of another all-Ireland final?
The Nigels would not be happy.
New Rule:
1. Only 1 player whose surname begins with O can be on the pitch at any one time.
2. All semis must be played in Stadia with a capacity above 51,700. (Otherwise the home advantage is switched to Wembley)
3. Nigel Cup Final to be always played the day after Pro12 Final.
4. More to follow
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
bgmusic
Knowledgeable

Post by bgmusic »

Tickets went on sale @14.00. All gone.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

I wonder.... Saracens could walk into their version of 2006.

Sometimes the quality of the team can be overtaken by the event. There is no way any of the Sarries team have been through anything like 2006 or 2009
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

bgmusic wrote:Tickets went on sale @14.00. All gone.
one would imagine sarries either didnt take their full allocation or will be returnign some

or will sell them themselves on secondary market

wonder if they announced they wouldnt be selling tickets over the phone to people with Irish accents this time? :mrgreen:
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

At the risk of being controversial after last weekend there's nothing I can dislike about Saracens (except maybe breaking our captains tooth!). Their hosting of the weekend was brilliant- before, during and after the game. I can't even dislike the score as we were beaten by clearly the better team!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

kermischocolate wrote:At the risk of being controversial after last weekend there's nothing I can dislike about Saracens (except maybe breaking our captains tooth!). Their hosting of the weekend was brilliant- before, during and after the game. I can't even dislike the score as we were beaten by clearly the better team!
Did you just say "Jehovah" ?
Stone him!!!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

blockhead wrote:
kermischocolate wrote:At the risk of being controversial after last weekend there's nothing I can dislike about Saracens (except maybe breaking our captains tooth!). Their hosting of the weekend was brilliant- before, during and after the game. I can't even dislike the score as we were beaten by clearly the better team!
Stone him!!!
What can I say? I can only go by the experiences I've had.
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

kermischocolate wrote:
blockhead wrote:
Stone him!!!
What can I say? I can only go by the experiences I've had.
Well just keep your real world experience to yourself.

I have a narrative in my head and i don't want it challenged. :lol: :lol:
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

blockhead wrote:The mood coming out of the eng media is that Saracens are unbeatable. Just the kind of game that Munster will relish so. I hope they smash them.
New Rule:
1. Only 1 player whose surname begins with O can be on the pitch at any one time.
2. All semis must be played in Stadia with a capacity above 51,700. (Otherwise the home advantage is switched to Wembley)
4. More to follow
4. Irish teams start games with a 7 point handicap
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Anyone know where I could get a Saracens jersey in the next 10 days? Asking for a friend.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Laighin Break wrote:
blockhead wrote:The mood coming out of the eng media is that Saracens are unbeatable. Just the kind of game that Munster will relish so. I hope they smash them.
New Rule:
4. More to follow
4. Irish teams start games with a 7 point handicap
Irish teams to start with one player on a YC.
Said player to be nominated by opposition.
YC upgraded to RC if only one Irish team makes final.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Im a bit worried over Munsters injury doubts or their lack of games

Ryan with a history of head knocks and TB going through rtp, Stander possibly out, Murray not back yet. Any would be near fatal
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

simonokeeffe wrote:Im a bit worried over Munsters injury doubts or their lack of games

Ryan with a history of head knocks and TB going through rtp, Stander possibly out, Murray not back yet. Any would be near fatal
Williams has been very good of late. I was questioning the decision to give him a new contract, but he has been excellent since.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Peg Leg wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Im a bit worried over Munsters injury doubts or their lack of games

Williams has been very good of late. I was questioning the decision to give him a new contract, but he has been excellent since.
Williams has always been one of those players that most fans would groan at the sight of him warming up.
He has been like a new addition this season, and has become a very competent replacement when Murray has been unavailable, But he is no Murray.

Munster will need their first choice half backs playing to secure the win.

Stander would be a massive loss to any team, but imo his loss would be as significant as losing Tyler or Murray.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Peg Leg wrote:

Thing is Murray will play on half a leg if he can and thats going to be a big big call
Plus hes going to be a bit rusty
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

While CJ and Murray would be a loss to any team, I think Munster would feel Bleyendaal's loss greatest.

Really hope Munster can draw from a full deck. Saracens are a serious team and a full Munster side going hell for leather in Dublin against them would be pretty titanic. (not Titanic - that was rather a let down - but titanic as in Kronos battles... Hyperion or someone. Haven't figured out where the metaphor goes really)
Golf Man
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Golf Man »

Doubts over bleyendall, murray, Ryan, stander, earls and keatley- I think Ryan and bleyendall likely to be OK. Will not win without murray and stander. Will struggle without one - very central to the whole gameplan

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

To make it into a semi final for most of these players is way more than they would have expected following last seasons early exit.

They have now gotten themselves rather impressively into yet another European semi final.

Once any team gets this far, anything is possible.
No doubt that Munster will be massive outsiders, even more so if they are missing any of their limited number of top class players. But they can still win, they can still beat the odds.
Especially when you look at some of the results that they have racked up so far this season.

Saracens are probably the favorites to lift the cup this season, but Munster wouldn't want it any other way.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

cormac wrote:Anyone know where I could get a Saracens jersey in the next 10 days? Asking for a friend.
Unfortunately the one that I have will be in use on the day. :wink:
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".