The other semi

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

munster#1
Shane Jennings

Re: The other semi

Post by munster#1 »

Hornet wrote:
cormac wrote:Anyone know where I could get a Saracens jersey in the next 10 days? Asking for a friend.
Unfortunately the one that I have will be in use on the day. :wink:
Lovell rugby are always good for jerseys.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

munster#1 wrote:
Hornet wrote:
cormac wrote:Anyone know where I could get a Saracens jersey in the next 10 days? Asking for a friend.
Unfortunately the one that I have will be in use on the day. :wink:
Lovell rugby are always good for jerseys.
They can get a loan of my one!- I for one will be wholeheartedly supporting our neighbours in this match.

If you can support Ireland at international level, but cant support clubs that those players play for (when its not the league, and does not effect us), well thats a MFs.com sized chip on the shoulder.
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

The only way the result in the other semi does not effect is is if we lose our game. Is it that you expect us to lose?
I have Bumbleflex
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Dave Cahill wrote:The only way the result in the other semi does not effect is is if we lose our game. Is it that you expect us to lose?
Which might be an argument for hoping Munster win.

Not to assume anything but Sarries look the strongest of all 4 teams at this stage... Be nice if they were taken out

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

The Doc wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:The only way the result in the other semi does not effect is is if we lose our game. Is it that you expect us to lose?

Not to assume anything but Sarries look the strongest of all 4 teams at this stage... Be nice if they were taken out

People are talking Saracens up an awful lot. Excessively so. They're third in their league. Behind Exeter and Wasps. They've been a bit up and down this year really. Better now Vunipola is back, but well beatable. I'd definitely prefer to be playing Saracens in the Aviva than Clermont in Lyon.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Saracens are having the same problem Quinns had after they won the league ie international callups, they lose 8 or 9 starters now which makes a big difference

That definitely contributed to their league placing
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

CiaranIrl wrote:
The Doc wrote:

People are talking Saracens up an awful lot. Excessively so. They're third in their league. Behind Exeter and Wasps. They've been a bit up and down this year really. Better now Vunipola is back, but well beatable. I'd definitely prefer to be playing Saracens in the Aviva than Clermont in Lyon.
I don't agree - I think they are significantly better than Wasps. They have been managing the season (as we do). All they want is top 2 in the AP and they'll get that. Standings now are pointless - same with us... once we guarantee 2nd place we'll be playing the kids.

They want the double. Munster will need to be beyond their season best to win
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

The Doc wrote:
CiaranIrl wrote:
I don't agree - I think they are significantly better than Wasps. They have been managing the season (as we do). All they want is top 2 in the AP and they'll get that. Standings now are pointless - same with us... once we guarantee 2nd place we'll be playing the kids.

They both had an identical number of players missing for England duty. What have they been managing that Wasps haven't?

Saracens in England squad: Jamie George, Vunipola x2, Kruis, Itoje, Farrell
Wasps: Daly, Hughes, Haskall, Launchbury, Mullan, Taylor
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

CiaranIrl wrote:
Saracens are the best team in England, they will win the Aviva Premiership. Munster unquestionably have the harder semi-final. Munster are an okay side, not much more, who have been boosted by external motivation and an avant-garde application of the foreign player rules. None of that will matter to Saracens though, who pursue success in a monomaniacal manner that verges on the sociopathic. They don't care about being away from home, about pride, passion, or the passing of former greats. On the other hand a team that we do know has issues with their psyche is Clermont, many of those issues caused by us. They are not a shadow of the team that won the T14 in 2010 or even the team that we beat in 2012. When they saw Leinster on their side of the draw they had only one thought in their heads - 'Merde, pas encore'

Back in October, when both sides had pretty much their full selections available to them, give or take, Leinster gave Munster a bit of a tanning without getting out of second gear so in that regard I'd far rather play them than Saracens, but theres still an element to the interprovincial derby that renders it unpredictable and that makes me wary.
I have Bumbleflex
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

olaf the fat wrote: If you can support Ireland at international level, but cant support clubs that those players play for (when its not the league, and does not effect us), well thats a MFs.com sized chip on the shoulder.
Something that doesn't apply to me.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

CiaranIrl wrote:
The Doc wrote:
CiaranIrl wrote:

They both had an identical number of players missing for England duty. What have they been managing that Wasps haven't?

Saracens in England squad: Jamie George, Vunipola x2, Kruis, Itoje, Farrell
Wasps: Daly, Hughes, Haskall, Launchbury, Mullan, Taylor
Taylor played one 6n game, didnt play in the Autumn
Wasps are only missing Daly from their backline

Sarries also had Maitland and Taylor (injured) to Scotland and Lozowski was retained as outhalf cover too. So missing both their outhalves is a big difference
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Dave Cahill wrote: Saracens are the best team in England, they will win the Aviva Premiership. Munster unquestionably have the harder semi-final.
Oh, well if it's unquestionable, then that changes everything.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Dave Cahill wrote: Saracens are the best team in England, they will win the Aviva Premiership. Munster unquestionably have the harder semi-final. Munster are an okay side, not much more
Doesn't say a lot for European rugby when the team sitting 2nd in Pro12, and likely table toppers, who also topped their Champions Cup group and are into the semi final, are only 'okay'...

Hard to fancy Munster unless their injury worries clear up. A full team and it could be a hell of a game. Sarries definitely not as impressive as previous seasons, with Scarlets giving them a run for their money!
Golf Man
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Golf Man »

It kind of balances out to be honest and if you can judge the difficulty then it depends on how much credence you give to home advantage. I think Sarries are better than Clermont and if it was a final at a neutral venue I'd be more confident playing Clermont - wouldn't be too keen on trading home advantage though. I think Sarries are in better form since the 6N, and they appear to be building well. Clermont (a bit like us) appear to be creaking a bit

We've had a very very successful season - if we can get over the line and get a home semi in the league, it would be a huge turnaround to get home semis in both competitions. The lack of depth in some positions and injuries to key areas could well be an issue

We absolutely need Murray Stander Bleyendall Ryan x2 to not only be fit but also at teh top of their game - we definitely need to play our best game of the season to win.
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Dave Cahill wrote: Back in October, when both sides had pretty much their full selections available to them, give or take, Leinster gave Munster a bit of a tanning without getting out of second gear so in that regard I'd far rather play them than Saracens, but theres still an element to the interprovincial derby that renders it unpredictable and that makes me wary.
This is exactly what would worry me too!
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Hippo wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote: Back in October, when both sides had pretty much their full selections available to them, give or take, Leinster gave Munster a bit of a tanning without getting out of second gear so in that regard I'd far rather play them than Saracens, but theres still an element to the interprovincial derby that renders it unpredictable and that makes me wary.
This is exactly what would worry me too!
What would worry me is that we're talking about the final, when we haven't even reached it yet.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

If we win we get to the final - We play possibly the best english team or the 2nd best Pro 12 team but with local derby spice thrown in, either team will be a hard match, which I hope we win.

So in that respect I don't see a Leinster Munster final being any different than a Leinster Saracens Final.
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

CiaranIrl wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote: Saracens are the best team in England, they will win the Aviva Premiership. Munster unquestionably have the harder semi-final.
:lol:
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

CiaranIrl wrote:
Saracens are currently the third best team in England with every chance come the end of the regular season they will still be third best (with thier kast3 fixtures) and then will have an away semi in Exeter which I wouldn't back them too confidently to win
Cor. Ind.
Learner

Post by Cor. Ind. »

I'm loving the arrogance on this thread. Oh, hear ye Mocker Gods? Dave Cahill has opined between morsels of KFC chicken, spice bags and Big Macs...

Munster will be lucky if they manage to get nil on the scoreboard.
"Only in America!"

Yogi Berra - on learning the Lord Mayor of Dublin was a Jew.