EPCR SEMI-FINAL V CLERMONT

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

paddyor
Shane Jennings

Re: EPCR SEMI-FINAL V CLERMONT

Post by paddyor »

arsebiscuits1 wrote:Probably more appropriate here.

Would Bent be considered for the 17 shirt? With Rossy to 18.

I like Dooley. But is he ready for a European semi?
Id hate that tbh. Given the faith the coaches have shown in youth in other positions (wing, flanker, centre, fullback) it seems harsh. This guy has done as much as he can for the team but is stuck behind 2 internationals amd (lions). Hes earned his shot IMO. If not.now then when?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Absolutely, Dooley has earned his shot on merit.
I do wonder though if this will change other bench spots slightly. Might we keep Cronin in reserve for impact or maybe put Nagle on the bench instead of Ruddock/Molony for a bit of scrum ballast.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I think Jack will just go for close to 80 now regardless of who's on the bench and he's well capable of it.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Block copying what I wrote on the "Cian Healy cited" thread:

Dooley hasn't put a foot wrong all season. He's impressed on every appearance. If it transpires that Clermont can't field Zirikaschvili they're down to their second and third tight heads, while with Jack and Dooley we could field our first and third loose heads. I'd go for it. Assuming McGrath didn't ship an injury, Dooley would only have to play 20 minutes. On the basis of his outings thus far and how he goes about his business, I'd trust him to carry out the task required.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Trust Dooley. He's a solid player and should be able for it. Ask Bent to do his job, which he's been doing very well.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I think Jack will just go for close to 80 now regardless of who's on the bench and he's well capable of it.
I have my doubts hed last in a high tempo move it about game plan.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

I like Dooley but I really wouldn't be surprised if Bent got the 17 jersey. Ross had a stormer against Connacht too.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Is everyone assuming we won't appeal and request the suspension being lifted?

Clermont, with Zirakshvilli, have a strong scrum, based on what I've seen of them.
Dooley was outstanding last season; quieter this one. Would he hold up against Zirakshvilli though?
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Dooley has demolished a few opposition scrums when hes come on of late. Offers more in the loose too
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
darkminimouf
Beginner

Post by darkminimouf »

Hi everyone !

After Dublin in 2010, Bordeaux in 2012 it will be a pleasure ton meet you again. This time we hope with another end !

Always shoot for the moon, because even if it fails you land in the stars. Oscar Wilde http://urlz.fr/58wG

Good travel to all of you!
Site sur l'eau en Auvergne : http://www.eauvergnat.fr
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

I doubt very much that Bent will be switched back. He is a TH now and a good one at that. Dooley is highly regarded and I doubt that he will take a backward step.
StainedRat
Beginner

Post by StainedRat »

Hi People , hope you'll enjoy your trip to Lyon, also another outcome than 2012, this yellow army deserve some relief
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Tickets printed. I'm starting to get excited now.

Anyone there on Saturday already? One of the gang I am going with suggested watching the battle of Mordor in some bar call 18m2 - or something like that.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

Block pasting from my post in the 'Cian Healy cited' thread:

I hope they appeal. If not I would have great faith in Dooley. He is the grade and I don't think Bent has played Loose-head in some time. At this level that matters. Also the game will be helter skelter in the last 30 which the great Rossy was never suited to and is even less so now at this stage of his career. I would see a last 30 mins combo of Dooley-Bent surviving in the scrums and contributing best to our style of play than the Bent-Rossy option.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Just heard they won't appeal. A shame for Healy but Dooley is a great replacement. I thought he had leapfrogged Healy last season but Church has been back on form this season.
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

Heard rumours that SOB is injured and won't be playing Sunday. Leinster avoided making statement until after lions announcement
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

curates_egg wrote:Just heard they won't appeal. A shame for Healy but Dooley is a great replacement. I thought he had leapfrogged Healy last season but Church has been back on form this season.
If they aren't appealing then there were obviously other angles that made it fairly clear cut.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

molloyjh wrote:
curates_egg wrote:Just heard they won't appeal. A shame for Healy but Dooley is a great replacement. I thought he had leapfrogged Healy last season but Church has been back on form this season.
If they aren't appealing then there were obviously other angles that made it fairly clear cut.
...or with Dooley available and in form, an appeal (which requires either new evidence or establishing a breech of process) wasn't worth the distraction in preparations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

artaneboy wrote:
molloyjh wrote:
...or with Dooley available and in form, an appeal (which requires either new evidence or establishing a breech of process) wasn't worth the distraction in preparations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah that would be my read too.
Last edited by wixfjord on April 20th, 2017, 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

molloyjh wrote:
If such angles are so clearcut why did Leinster and Healy plead not guilty?
Anyone But New Zealand