A whiff of Cordite

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Re: A whiff of Cordite

Post by neiliog93 »

For goodness' sake. Go to Bernard Jackman, Sean O'Brien, Furlong, Dooley, etc, and tell them they're D4 posh heads. Yes, there is a strong private school element within Leinster rugby, but the same is true in Munster and Ulster. They have to stop pushing this clichéd nonsense.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

wixfjord wrote:Haha that reminds me of the good old days before the 09 semi, there were a few similar pieces to that floating around.
Think there was a piece in the Indo on the two sides. IIRC the Leinster rep spoke about Leinster, and the Munster rep spoke about Leinster.
The chip is still strong.

My favourite line
They can't shake off the Ladyboy image while Munster has an irresistible primeval aura - physical, dogged, grounded and passionate with a strong team spirit.
'An irresistible primeval aura'

:lol:
The Ladyboy reference really pisses me off. Absolutely no need to bring it up. IMO it is horrendously uncalled for (in a farming article) at best and homophobic at worst. I am a Leinster fan but am not a Ladyboy never have been and as it stands don't plan to be. I believe in Ireland in 2017 this term has no place at all.

What really annoys me is that not only do Leinster Rugby not do anything about it we allow The Independent to promote themselves at The RDS by bundling with programmes.

Now if anyone thinks I am overreacting try this another way. Would you be happy for the Ireland and Leinster Rugby Womens Teams (or any other Womens Rugby team) to be termed Manly Girls?
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

IanD wrote:
wixfjord wrote:Haha that reminds me of the good old days before the 09 semi, there were a few similar pieces to that floating around.
Think there was a piece in the Indo on the two sides. IIRC the Leinster rep spoke about Leinster, and the Munster rep spoke about Leinster.

My favourite line
They can't shake off the Ladyboy image while Munster has an irresistible primeval aura - physical, dogged, grounded and passionate with a strong team spirit.

The Ladyboy reference really pisses me off. Absolutely no need to bring it up. IMO it is horrendously uncalled for (in a farming article) at best and homophobic at worst. I am a Leinster fan but am not a Ladyboy never have been and as it stands don't plan to be. I believe in Ireland in 2017 this term has no place at all.

What really annoys me is that not only do Leinster Rugby not do anything about it we allow The Independent to promote themselves at The RDS by bundling with programmes.

Now if anyone thinks I am overreacting try this another way. Would you be happy for the Ireland and Leinster Rugby Womens Teams (or any other Womens Rugby team) to be termed Manly Girls?
All it does though is act as a dog whistle for bullshit spotters. When you see a 'ladyboy' reference to Leinster, you can immediately spot a fool.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

wixfjord wrote:
IanD wrote:

All it does though is act as a dog whistle for bullshit spotters. When you see a 'ladyboy' reference to Leinster, you can immediately spot a fool.
+1
Not sure if you're being serious Ian but I wouldn't be getting upset about it, it's hilarous. SOK's comment re "this is great isn't it" is so spot on :clap:
I initially thought it was a bit of a skit, but if it's a straight piece it's even more funny.
Dont Panic!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

IanD wrote:

My favourite line

Butchgirls would catch the sentiment better!
Haven't read the rag in years.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Dexter wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote: Indo is a rag in general and is pretty much a tabloid

http://www.independent.ie/business/farm ... 29789.html

Classic! :lol:
Been removed.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

paddyor wrote:
Dexter wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote: Indo is a rag in general and is pretty much a tabloid

http://www.independent.ie/business/farm ... 29789.html

Classic! :lol:
Been removed.
That's mad!
Dont Panic!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

cant make quasi racist slurs anymore, PC gone mad
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

simonokeeffe wrote:cant make quasi racist slurs anymore, PC gone mad
I'm not a racist but some of my best friends juggle turnips
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

RoboProp wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:cant make quasi racist slurs anymore, PC gone mad
I'm not a racist but some of my best friends juggle turnips
Turnip juggling takes pashun, it's a vocation for some.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

We're all turnips tomorrow!The Red Army is comin to the Big Schmoke to smadder Marc McCall's Orcs!!!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Shouldnt have worn my Leinster hat today, a Munster fan tried to pet my dog
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

simonokeeffe wrote:Shouldnt have worn my Leinster hat today, a Munster fan tried to pet my dog
Is that a euphemism?
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Shouldnt have worn my Leinster hat today, a Munster fan tried to pet my dog
Is that a euphemism?

Thankfully no
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Oldschoolsocks wrote:
Is that a euphemism?

Thankfully no
Either way we need to resume normal service soonest. This whole Leinster Munster love-in does not serve anyone well. We achieved the heights of European glory through fear of our neighbours. That, I'm afraid, is our recipe for success. Bonhomie = mediocrity!
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Just wait for the league final
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

simonokeeffe wrote:Just wait for the league final
Looking at form and fixtures, I reckon we'll finish second and get Scarlets, and Ulster will overtake Ospreys. Munster will beat Ulster at home, but our game against Scarlet is losable if we take our eye off the ball.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

neiliog93 wrote:
Looking at form and fixtures, I reckon we'll finish second and get Scarlets, and Ulster will overtake Ospreys. Munster will beat Ulster at home, but our game against Scarlet is losable if we take our eye off the ball.
we'd have to massively take our eye off to lose, at home, to a team with Rhys Patchell at outhalf
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

simonokeeffe wrote:
neiliog93 wrote:
we'd have to massively take our eye off to lose, at home, to a team with Rhys Patchell at outhalf
Of course we should win. But we've lost to teams with much worse out halves previously. Scarlets are a tricky team when in the mood.

You don't get what you deserve; you get what you can take

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

If we turn up mentally we win

Would take a red card in first ten mins to lose. We could probably survive missing our least replaceable players Henshaw and L McGrath for the game