Lyon Roll Call

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Lyon Roll Call

Post by footrush »

scrum25 wrote:
Audrey77 wrote:Latest update is Clermont supporters club are trying to organise a march and us to join them - it depends if they can organise with the police over there - naturally there are security issues and I think there was a bit of trouble over the weekend with football supporters in Lyon. Bebhinn is in contact with them and I'll update as soon as we have any more information. If we can't officially march and once we find out the official Leinster headquarters on Wednesday from the OLSC we can maybe organise to meet there on Sunday and unofficially march to the grounds ourselves. I'll update when I hear more, I know the last one was organised through word of mouth when we were in Bordeaux. Make sure to bring all your flags......
Easiest place to get people to congregate for a start of march would be Supporters Bar or Place Bellecour You could leave Bellecour at 13:30 and be comfortably at ground by 14:30

+1
Flying wedge
y_escala

Post by y_escala »

Audrey77 wrote:Latest update is Clermont supporters club are trying to organise a march and us to join them - it depends if they can organise with the police over there - naturally there are security issues and I think there was a bit of trouble over the weekend with football supporters in Lyon. Bebhinn is in contact with them and I'll update as soon as we have any more information. If we can't officially march and once we find out the official Leinster headquarters on Wednesday from the OLSC we can maybe organise to meet there on Sunday and unofficially march to the grounds ourselves. I'll update when I hear more, I know the last one was organised through word of mouth when we were in Bordeaux. Make sure to bring all your flags......

https://www.facebook.com/events/1258600537580975/

I am an ASM fan and this bar looks like terrific for the pre-match.

Also, I know that a lot of french fans will be there to watch the first 1/2 final between Munster and Saracens.
irishjonny
Knowledgeable

Post by irishjonny »

doesn't seem to be much buzz about the game/trip on the boards here. do we know how many of the leinster allocation were sold? what kind of numbers do the OLSC expect to turn up?
best quote from croker was this old boy behind me after about 65 minutes when you could see the red jerseys flooding out of the place

"Lock the gates, make them watch"

Disturbing yet arousing at the same time
Tiny206
Beginner

Post by Tiny206 »

1500 tickets for Leinster

The wallace Bar is ready ;)

maxjan28

Post by maxjan28 »

I'm an Italian Leinster supporter... I'm leaving now from Bologna to Lyon by motorcycle, if you see an old Kawasaki ZXR400 in the streets, that's me! See you there!
nopeare
Graduate

Post by nopeare »

getting madly excited now nearly finished work and flying out of Gatwick at 7 in the morning :D

Safe travels all.
Tiny206
Beginner

Post by Tiny206 »

For sunday, picnic area near Gerland Stadium
Clermont fans take a lunch there
You're welcome at 12:30 pm

Safe travels all ;)
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

merci Tiny - see you Sunday
Tiny206
Beginner

Post by Tiny206 »

Barry wrote:merci Tiny - see you Sunday
:D Of Course !

Supermarket like : Carefour city, Carfeour market, U express, Monoprix are open sunday between 9:00 am and 01:00pm if you need some forces :lol:
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

Tiny206 wrote:
Barry wrote:merci Tiny - see you Sunday
:D Of Course !

Supermarket like : Carefour city, Carfeour market, U express, Monoprix are open sunday between 9:00 am and 01:00pm if you need some forces :lol:
we'll be the ones with the barrel of Guinness !!
Tiny206
Beginner

Post by Tiny206 »

Yummy ;)
Leon Yespmed
Beginner

Post by Leon Yespmed »

Just arrived Lyon, enjoying a beer in Place Bellacour.
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

Count us in Tiny!
Hughie

Post by Hughie »

Folks. I've forgotten my ventilon inhaler for the trip. Does anyone have anything similar I could borrow??
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

jezzer wrote:The Jezzer family of 5 will be there, leaving tomorrow am and already getting nervous!

Is it just me that gets bothered by the fact that we're going to one fo the great French cities to sample local culture and the mingle with local supporters of this great support - yet our "base" for the weekend is a bloody Irish pub serving pints and Irish breakfasts??? Can't we just actually enjoy real French life for one weekend??! Do visiting French teams set up their base in some French spot in Dublin? Like hell. They get stuck in with the locals.

Rant over. Can't wait for the weekend and will enjoy my croissants and coffee for breakfast, maybe a nice Cotes du Rhone to go with lunch!
Sorry for the late notice Jezzer.....but this place we ate in last year the day of the final was really excellent.....the people couldnt have been nicer and we were fed and watered royally over about 3 hours. Extremely reasonable too.

https://www.pagesjaunes.fr/pros/04388092

http://www.societe.com/societe/cafe-res ... 16621.html
Last edited by nelly the elephant on April 22nd, 2017, 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
BigL
Learner

Post by BigL »

Just checked into the Radisson Blu hotel (near Part Dieu). Was told the Leinster team are staying here, and are due to arrive at 3pm today.

Allez les blues!
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

Any update on the march to the stadium? Heading to lyon tonight.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

nelly the elephant wrote:
jezzer wrote:The Jezzer family of 5 will be there, leaving tomorrow am and already getting nervous!

Is it just me that gets bothered by the fact that we're going to one fo the great French cities to sample local culture and the mingle with local supporters of this great support - yet our "base" for the weekend is a bloody Irish pub serving pints and Irish breakfasts??? Can't we just actually enjoy real French life for one weekend??! Do visiting French teams set up their base in some French spot in Dublin? Like hell. They get stuck in with the locals.

Rant over. Can't wait for the weekend and will enjoy my croissants and coffee for breakfast, maybe a nice Cotes du Rhone to go with lunch!
Sorry for the late notice Jezzer.....but this place we ate in last year the day of the final was really excellent.....the people couldnt have been nicer and we were fed and watered royally over about 3 hours. Extremely reasonable too.

https://www.pagesjaunes.fr/pros/04388092

http://www.societe.com/societe/cafe-res ... 16621.html
Cheers Nelly. Will check it out for sure!
scrum25
Knowledgeable

Post by scrum25 »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:Any update on the march to the stadium? Heading to lyon tonight.
Talk of departing bellecour at 13:30. Lots of bars on rue de marroniers to congregate from 13:00

rue de marroniers Is between bellecour and the river look for the tall clock tower
Leon Yespmed
Beginner

Post by Leon Yespmed »

That's the perfect spot to meet.
There are good bars at the bottom of the street in the sun, as you turn onto Place Bellecours.