Leinster vs Glasgow - Friday 28th April - We go again

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Leinster vs Glasgow - Friday 28th April - We go again

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Fireworks wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:James Ryan & Max Deegan back training.

both could come off bench on friday.
While it would be great to see James Ryan play I would hope they are being ultra cautious and would happily wait for next season.
Perfect time to play him if he's fit IMO.
Raydollard
Graduate

Post by Raydollard »

I would give Carbery an outing at 10 for this.
Blue Voodoo
Knowledgeable

Post by Blue Voodoo »

Yes it would be nice to see some of the strongest selection line out but happier if the key players are rested for the semi or at least get a break beforehand
5 day turnaround is never ideal and our strength in depth has been proven before this season so still feeling good about Friday
bamboozle
Bookworm

Post by bamboozle »

hugonaut wrote:
OTT wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:I'd go with
Dooley, Cronin, Bent, Moloney, Nagle, Ruddock, vdF, Conan, JGP, Byrne, Nacewa, Reid, ROL, Byrne, Carbury

McGrath, Tracey, Ross, Kearney, Deegan, McCarthy, McFadden, Marsh

Edit: Rather, I suspect Leo will go with...
Ruddock put in a huge shift and only a 5 day turn around. I would think Ryan might get the nod at blindside he was decent against Connacht and Kirchner will fill in somewhere I would guess to rest Nacewa or Carbery. Conan probably gets a rest to considering he was carrying an injury into Clermont game. So Deegan to start?
A five day turnaround is a difficult task - combine it with a really tough game, emotional comedown and travel and you have another three big factors coming into play. We've already secured a home semi-final so this is a free hit-out for us.

There are a couple of positions we need to be pragmatic about. At No8, we're down JH and Jordi, so we need to afford Jack Conan time to rest and recuperate. Likewise, we only have two scrum-halves in our senior squad and don't need to expose either of them in what is more or less a dead rubber.

I thought the team who won in Connacht performed brilliantly, and would try to stick as close to that selection as possible, whilst taking into account the effects of the Clermont game. Thus Triggs would be swapped out for Mick Kearney [who is more comfortable on the right side of the scrum than Nagle] and Ruddock swapped out for Timmins, the next No.8 up.

The unfortunate Dave Kearney is out for the season, so Barry Daly, who replaced him against Connacht, comes in on the wing. Conor O'Brien has made a good return to rugby, scoring three tries for Clontarf in the last two games, so I'd bring him on to the bench. Other options for that outside back sub could be Billy Dardis or Jordan Larmour

Forwards [1-8]: Dooley, Tracy, Ross, Molony, M. Kearney, Ryan, van der Flier, Timmins
Backs [9-15]: N. McCarthy, R. Byrne, B. Daly, Reid, O'Loughlin, A. Byrne, Kirchner
Subs [16:23]: Cronin, E. Byrne, Bent, Nagle, Deegan/Josh Murphy, Gibson-Park, T. Daly, C.O'Brien/Larmour
COB was man of match in the UBL semi final for Clontarf at the weekend, has been excellent since returning from injury
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Blue Voodoo wrote:Yes it would be nice to see some of the strongest selection line out but happier if the key players are rested for the semi or at least get a break beforehand
5 day turnaround is never ideal and our strength in depth has been proven before this season so still feeling good about Friday
I'd definitely prefer to see strongest available team out of Friday and take our chances with a rest for Ulster game if required. The most important thing is that this game is at home. The next most important thing is that we need to get back on the horse and back to collecting wins. Lose two in a row , even playing with effort and style, lowers the bar for the end of season.

So, subject to injuries naturally, would like to see:
1. Jack; 2. Nugget; 3. Rossy; 4. Triggs; 5. Molony; 6. Rhys; 7. Josh; 8. Jack C; 9. JGP; 10. J10; 11. Ferg; 12; Reid; 13. O'Loughlin; 14. Adam B; 15. Isa.
Bench: Dooley, Treacy, Bent, Kearney, Leavy, Luke Mac, Byrne, Daly (either).

Get back on the horse and remember the autopsy!
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

With a 5 day turnaround after a seriously gruelling game (the weather alone in Lyon will have had a massive impact) there's just no way that anyone who played 80 minutes on Sunday will be starting tomorrow. I can't even see any of them featuring at all. My guess would be:

Dooley Tracy Ross
Molony Nagle
Ryan Timmins VDF

JGP Byrne
Reid ROL
Daly Kirchner Byrne

Cronin, Porter, Bent, Kearney, Deegan, McCarthy, Marsh, T Daly
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Is this game on the Telly-box? I can't find it in my listings but I'm hoping that its because I can't read.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

domhnallj wrote:Is this game on the Telly-box? I can't find it in my listings but I'm hoping that its because I can't read.

TG4
I have Bumbleflex
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Dave Cahill wrote:
domhnallj wrote:Is this game on the Telly-box? I can't find it in my listings but I'm hoping that its because I can't read.

TG4
Thanks and damn it.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

domhnallj wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:

TG4
Thanks and damn it.
Sure fly over and watch it in the airport
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Peg Leg wrote:
domhnallj wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote: TG4
Thanks and damn it.
The TG4 Player usually works fine for me with Hola. Much better than the dodgy streams I have to watch some Pro12 games on.
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

curates_egg wrote:The TG4 Player usually works fine for me with Hola. Much better than the dodgy streams I have to watch some Pro12 games on.
Which browser do you use? I get mixed results with Hola.
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

curates_egg wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:
domhnallj wrote:
Thanks and damn it.
The TG4 Player usually works fine for me with Hola. Much better than the dodgy streams I have to watch some Pro12 games on.
Just a PSA, but I would steer well clear of Hola. It's a potentially very dangerous program to install.

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/hola-vpn-security/?tw=dd

Basically it uses your PC as a node to route other peoples internet traffic and sells this service on a seperate site, here https://luminati.io/. This potentially means any illegal (or VERY illegal) activities their paid users are routing through your PC could be traced back to you.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets):

15. Zane Kirchner (86)
14. Adam Byrne (21)
13. Rory O’Loughlin (19)
12. Tom Daly (8)
11. Fergus McFadden (150)
10. Ross Byrne (21)
9. Nick McCarthy (6)
1. Peter Dooley (37)
2. James Tracy (39)
3. Mike Ross (151)
4. Ross Molony (42) CAPTAIN
5. Mick Kearney (20)
6. Dominic Ryan (112)
7. Josh van der Flier (43)
8. Jack Conan (49)

16. Richardt Strauss (144)
17. Jack McGrath (110)
18. Michael Bent (85)
19. Ian Nagle (10)
20. Dan Leavy (36)
21. Jamison Gibson-Park (26)
22. Joey Carbery (20)
23. Noel Reid (80)
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

jimbobjoe wrote:
curates_egg wrote:The TG4 Player usually works fine for me with Hola. Much better than the dodgy streams I have to watch some Pro12 games on.
i tend to use LSHunter.....works well for me - nearly all the time.....pop ups are a pain but once you get through the deletions maximize the screen.
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

Delighted to see Ross and Ryan get a proper send off. Can see them both getting hauled ashore at 50 to a rapturous applause.

Likely Jack will only be getting 10 minutes off the bench if even. Serious workload on him.

Can't wait to see how N McCarthy gets on. Should be getting reasonable quality ball behind that pack. I think with good ball that backline can do some serious damage.

Has Molony captained the side yet? Presumably he is the lineout caller too. Hopefully we get that right

EDIT: Forgot it was Zanes last home game too :oops:
Last edited by arsebiscuits1 on April 27th, 2017, 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

tingman wrote:
jimbobjoe wrote:
i tend to use LSHunter.....works well for me - nearly all the time.....pop ups are a pain but once you get through the deletions maximize the screen.
I usually use Hola for TG4 Player too, which works great. Rarely use my laptop otherwise and would have Hola switched off anyway.
Mobdro (Android app) a great one too that gets TG4.
Batmanstream is a very good website. Tends to have a good few links and very few (if any) popups.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Interesting call with Daly at 12 but is more balanced IMO
Glasgow with a fairly second choice backline
Swinson at 6 is very odd

15. Tommy Seymour (99)
14. Leonardo Sarto (7)
13. Nick Grigg (19)
12. Sam Johnson (23)
11. Lee Jones (52)
10. Peter Horne (113)
9. Henry Pyrgos (123) CO-CAPTAIN

1. Alex Allan (49)
2. Fraser Brown (62)
3. Sila Puafisi (42)
4. Brian Alainu’uese (15)
5. Jonny Gray (71) CO-CAPTAIN
6. Tim Swinson (94)
7. Chris Fusaro (124)
8. Adam Ashe (37)

Replacements:

16. Pat MacArthur (153)
17. Gordon Reid (112)
18. Zander Fagerson (48)
19. Rob Harley (161)
20. Matt Fagerson (6)
21. Ali Price (40)
22. Finn Russell (62)
23. Alex Dunbar (97)
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
waterboy
Graduate

Post by waterboy »

arsebiscuits1 wrote:Delighted to see Ross and Ryan get a proper send off. Can see them both getting hauled ashore at 50 to a rapturous applause.

Likely Jack will only be getting 10 minutes off the bench if even. Serious workload on him.

Can't wait to see how N McCarthy gets on. Should be getting reasonable quality ball behind that pack. I think with good ball that backline can do some serious damage.

Has Molony captained the side yet? Presumably he is the lineout caller too. Hopefully we get that right

Is Ryan definitely off?
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

waterboy wrote:
arsebiscuits1 wrote:Delighted to see Ross and Ryan get a proper send off. Can see them both getting hauled ashore at 50 to a rapturous applause.

Is Ryan definitely off?
Well his contract wasn't renewed and he is out of contract this summer so it seems likely.
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick