Munster 2016-2017

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Re: Munster 2016-2017

Post by johng »

paddyor wrote:
johng wrote:
leinsterforever wrote:
The IRFU might be tempted to allow them another project player, even if it would go outside their own guidelines.
In 2 weeks time project players will have to wait 5 years to qualify. Same day ad the draw for the world cup pools. Anyone signing after that will have to wait until 2022.
Is that for certain? AFAIK they need 75% to get it past and it's not clear that they have that.
I suppose we will find out in 2 weeks. Hopefully when we also find out we have avoided Argentina in our pool.

I would have no problem with Fardy starting at 6 if it was to get 2 back rowers on the bench. Start with 3 locks to soften them up in the maul etc. Push Fardy forward for a "rest" in the 2nd row and bring on 2 fast back rowers to open the game up.

Not sure I see what that has to do with the Munster thread.... Oh wait.... I do
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Peg Leg wrote: That said I don't understand why anyone would visit an opposition club fan forum just to trash talk the club. But then again I wasn't "born into rugby".
That was a classic post when yerman blathered on about his grandad and his mother's uncles playing Rugby. :lol:
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I'll miss him. :cry:
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Bless his little socks, I think he actually believed it matters
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

leinsterforever wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:I dont think they should be allowed an NIQ one, have one already and theres a reasonable amount of IQ locks to be had. Plus DOC2 could be converted. And not like theyll be losing any locks to Ireland squads for 2 years
The IRFU might be tempted to allow them another project player, even if it would go outside their own guidelines.

Who's out there that's IQ? Beirne, Flanno and Denton are the ones I can think of
Theyre salivating over Wycherly but he needs feeding up
In terms of IQers a few months ago was the time to start looking (and when release decisions were made) but Beirne, Thornbury, Flanagan, DOC1 :D, Jerry Sexton, Sherriff?
Theres also the guys we dont think of or know of as IQ like Bent, Muldowney, Cannon, that get found

42 had interesting bit on how current coaching set up is, “Jerry took on the lineouts and scrummaging and forward play over all. Felix, he started out as just the skills fundamental coach, he’s now full on the backline, attack, skills coach, and he’s doing the kicking and the highball catching. “Jacques is doing defence and exits and those kind of things. Myself (Rassie), I’m helping out at the breakdown and mauling.
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

johng wrote:
Peg Leg wrote: That said I don't understand why anyone would visit an opposition club fan forum just to trash talk the club. But then again I wasn't "born into rugby".
That was a classic post when yerman blathered on about his grandad and his mother's uncles playing Rugby. :lol:

A veritable "classic of the genre".
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Definitely agree about Dillane (and I'm sure Munster would like both) but there's something about Aki that makes me think his time here will end in disaster. I don't see him playing for Munster and struggle to see him playing much for Ireland. Just a gut feeling but I reckon the more Connacht struggle the more he'll lose the head.

Maybe the carrot of playing for Ireland will prevent that but I just don't think he cares about putting on an Ireland jersey tbh.
The thing about Aki is though that for the next two years the only international rugby he can play is for Ireland or Samoa, and he'd end up out of pocket playing for Samoa!
I have Bumbleflex
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

simonokeeffe wrote: Theyre salivating over Wycherly but he needs feeding up.

Not too much though. He is 115kgs at the moment. I think we'll see more of him next season.

John Madigan is said to be leaving. He just cannot stay fully fit. Was due to play against Jersey last Friday but pulled out through injury again. It's a pity because he is a powerfully built athlete.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

dropkick wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote: Theyre salivating over Wycherly but he needs feeding up.
Not too much though. He is 115kgs at the moment. I think we'll see more of him next season. /quote]

Thats a 22kg gain from he was listed as at the start of the season if true which is Paul Kimmage territory
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Unless he got really fat, that type of weight gain in that time period is not possible, even with steroids.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

neiliog93 wrote:Unless he got really fat, that type of weight gain in that time period is not possible, even with steroids.
Silicon arse implants?
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Morf wrote:
neiliog93 wrote:Unless he got really fat, that type of weight gain in that time period is not possible, even with steroids.
Silicon arse implants?
He cant sit in the UFC in New York now

Not to slander Dropkick but I think hes off, 115kg for a 6'5 lock is pretty big let alone for that age and ethnicity, thats full grown Mike McCarthy
Munster listed him as 93.18 at start of the season

Lewis Stevenson is available now if they want some bargain IQness
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Morf wrote:
Silicon arse implants?

Not to slander Dropkick but I think hes off, 115kg for a 6'5 lock is pretty big let alone for that age and ethnicity, thats full grown Mike McCarthy

Stevenson's a big, powerful guy. He might actually fit in quite well with what Munster are trying to do. Plus, he's probably about the best they could hope for if signings have to be IQ.

I wonder how much his skills have improved in the Connacht set-up. We're always hearing how Lam sends players off to work on their skills deficiencies. I haven't seen him play too much but he'll surely have had to improve a bit on his overlap-butchering days at Ulster
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Morf wrote:
Silicon arse implants?

I think a lot of the height/weight stats are all over the place.

I'd take a lot of them with a heavy pinch of Himalayan pink salt.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

^oh am with you on that

Think this might be Coombes (was looking for Wycherley) but am spotting a trend with Munster blindsides

scentofgunpowder
Bookworm

Post by scentofgunpowder »

Morf wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Unless he got really fat, that type of weight gain in that time period is not possible, even with steroids.

I think a lot of the height/weight stats are all over the place.

I'd take a lot of them with a heavy pinch of Himalayan pink salt.[/quote]

Connacht used to list Robbie Henshaw as 6'3 102kgs or so, he was listed as 6'0 95kgs on the Leinster website for a long time.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

simonokeeffe wrote:^oh am with you on that

Think this might be Coombes (was looking for Wycherley) but am spotting a trend with Munster blindsides

I think that's Calvin Nash, the winger.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Murray misses another game. Cutting it a bit fine for the Lions isn't he?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

blockhead wrote:Murray misses another game. Cutting it a bit fine for the Lions isn't he?
Gatland said a match to prove he was fit so he has another 2 weeks certain and 3 possible to get on the pitch and hence plane, there does not appear to be any restrictions on any of the unfit Welsh players as far as fitness proving required sure his captain is not even fit !
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

hugonaut wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:^oh am with you on that

I think that's Calvin Nash, the winger.
whoever he is he looks like POM and Trump had a baby, thats some serious angry face