Re: Leinster vs Glasgow - Friday 28th April - We go again

Post by Laighin Break »

Was worried that McGrath's kick would result in something similar to this:
http://forum.leinsterfans.com/viewtopic ... 11&t=24127
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:delighted that Dippy got a try, sad to see him go off like that so early.
It might have been pointed out already but Dippy was very emotional sitting on the bench on Friday after coming off. He knows there is a good chance he will never play for Leinster again. I felt really sorry for him.
We sometimes forget what a tough game this is, how much these guys put into it for relatively little reward. Fair play to him....he has never played a bad game for Leinster but he never seemed to be able to back up his good performances week in week out due to injuries, rotation or whatever. However he should be very proud of his achievements in blue. Hopefully th injury is not serious and he gets a contract somewhere next year.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

I felt a bit bad with all the fanfare for Mike Ross and to a lesser extent Kirchner and Mike McCarthy, that D.Ryan became a kind of forgotten man. He was a very useful player for more than 5 years, putting in some big hits and generally applied himself very well. Deserved the Ireland cap he got in 2014. He's only just turned 27 so as a back-row his best years are the next 3-5 to come, hopefully he gets a contract somewhere (someone said Leo had stated that he turned down a new Leinster deal, if that's true I'm happy he got an offer). London Irish are trying to recruit more Irish players and will be back in the Prem next year, he could do a lot worse than playing there.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Ryan is leaving because he's the forgotten man. He's not going anywhere here. I hope it's not too late for him in terms of injuries and development.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

One of my lasting memories of Dippy along with the tackle against Clermont.

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Here's his tackle against Clermont, brilliant wrap. Saved us a crucial BP at the time.
https://youtu.be/-L0iFxCf02o?t=7m28s
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

There was another in the same game where he smashed and drove someone back IIRC. That was the first I'd seen or heard of him (had been away travelling for 2 years). Had high hopes for him.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SO7x7NuF6o

Munster fans couldn't have been happy when their God was smashed by a 'soft' Gonzaga boy hyped up by the D4 media.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

neiliog93 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SO7x7NuF6o

Munster fans couldn't have been happy when their God was smashed by a 'soft' Gonzaga boy hyped up by the D4 media.
Summed him up perfectly that video, why he was good and why he wasn't.
I have Bumbleflex
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Dave Cahill wrote:
neiliog93 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SO7x7NuF6o

Summed him up perfectly that video, why he was good and why he wasn't.
I had the exact same thought.