James Lowe signs for Leinster

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Aussiedub
Mullet

Re: James Lowe signs for Leinster

Post by Aussiedub »

A back 3 of Lowe, Byrne and Carberry would provide us with some serious attacking threat at pace.
After showing Munster how to win a HC final in the first attempt we will now demonstrate how to retain the HC in the following season :-)
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

This guy is gonna fit right in to our team methinks.
https://www.balls.ie/rugby/james-lowe-n ... ass-364018
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Shaggy-esque
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

blockhead wrote:This guy is gonna fit right in to our team methinks.
can we have the 15 too ?? :)
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

alanair wrote:
Maybe the plan is to play Lowe at 15? There are a fair few wingers knocking around - DK, McFadden, Byrne, ROL, Barry Daly, Keenan, Larmour, Terry Kennedy, Ian Fitzpatrick. There's quite a good dynamic in terms of the mix of experienced campaigners and young bucks there too. What's going to happen at fullback over the next few seasons seems a bit unclear. Carbery might be needed at 10 a fair bit, Nacewa probably won't play past next season, Kearney is missing a lot through injury and Dardis has left. The links with Dagg a while back suggests they were looking for a 15
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

leinsterforever wrote:
alanair wrote:
Maybe the plan is to play Lowe at 15? There are a fair few wingers knocking around - DK, McFadden, Byrne, ROL, Barry Daly, Keenan, Larmour, Terry Kennedy, Ian Fitzpatrick. There's quite a good dynamic in terms of the mix of experienced campaigners and young bucks there too. What's going to happen at fullback over the next few seasons seems a bit unclear. Carbery might be needed at 10 a fair bit, Nacewa probably won't play past next season, Kearney is missing a lot through injury and Dardis has left. The links with Dagg a while back suggests they were looking for a 15
I think he might play there when the internationals are away
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Ian Fitzpatrick is gone but yeah, I'd say Lowe might play 15. He played there for the Maori to great effect. With O'Hallorgan, Olding, Zebo, Conway, Sweetnam all available and Rob getting older and his form mixed, there might be less of an imperative to pick him next season.

15.Lowe 14.A.Byrne 11.D.Kearney

23.McFadden/O'Loughlin/R.Kearney/Isa

Perhaps something like that for next season?
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

neiliog93 wrote:Ian Fitzpatrick is gone but yeah, I'd say Lowe might play 15. He played there for the Maori to great effect. With O'Hallorgan, Olding, Zebo, Conway, Sweetnam all available and Rob getting older and his form mixed, there might be less of an imperative to pick him next season.

DK has already been passed out by the kids. Thats what happens sometimes. Can't see him getting on the 23 unless injury or National duty (someone else's national duty) intervene.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Is Fitzpatrick confirmed gone? No possibility of 4th academy year?
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

I'd probably agree with that, although DK is still relatively young and looked sharp in his all too brief comeback from injury. Leo has shown he likes to pick older, less flashy but more reliable wingers in the big games, which bodes well for DK. Schmidt likes him too.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Agreed re DK - he's struggling with injuries and the kids are catching up and surpassing fast.

Big question for me is where Carbery plays - if the powers that be want him on the pitch while Sexton is at 10 (in our bigger games) then he's 15 and we have Lowe and Byrne on the wings.

A back three of Carbery, Lowe and Byrne is dangerous !!

with Isa, Rob K, O'Loughlin and other kids in support and Ferg !! Not too shabby really.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

blockhead wrote:
neiliog93 wrote:Ian Fitzpatrick is gone but yeah, I'd say Lowe might play 15. He played there for the Maori to great effect. With O'Hallorgan, Olding, Zebo, Conway, Sweetnam all available and Rob getting older and his form mixed, there might be less of an imperative to pick him next season.

DK has already been passed out by the kids. Thats what happens sometimes. Can't see him getting on the 23 unless injury or National duty (someone else's national duty) intervene.
Oh ye of little faith.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Good problems to have Wixfjord !!

DK I am sure if he got a good uninjured run will stake a claim but it is amazing how quickly things change and we have some genuine options to discuss for next season.
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

My first time seeing Lowe there this morning.....looks to have a lot of talent.
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

nelly the elephant wrote:My first time seeing Lowe there this morning.....looks to have a lot of talent.
In any other country, he'd have twenty caps by now. But such are the extravagant back three riches in NZ.
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

Blueberry wrote:Agreed re DK - he's struggling with injuries and the kids are catching up and surpassing fast.

Big question for me is where Carbery plays - if the powers that be want him on the pitch while Sexton is at 10 (in our bigger games) then he's 15 and we have Lowe and Byrne on the wings.

with Isa, Rob K, O'Loughlin and other kids in support and Ferg !! Not too shabby really.
Off the Jame Lowe topic; but in reply to Carberry's position it's interesting to hear BOD say he thinks Carberry would be better played at fullback. Heard him on MNR on OFB maybe 2 weeks or so ago? The main point he was making was his attacking talents are better suited coming from fullback - unpredictable looseness, playing what space appears, step etc ; and that the at outhalf the more structured approach required means you may not be maximising his talents.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

desperado wrote:
Blueberry wrote:Agreed re DK - he's struggling with injuries and the kids are catching up and surpassing fast.

Off the Jame Lowe topic; but in reply to Carberry's position it's interesting to hear BOD say he thinks Carberry would be better played at fullback. Heard him on MNR on OFB maybe 2 weeks or so ago? The main point he was making was his attacking talents are better suited coming from fullback - unpredictable looseness, playing what space appears, step etc ; and that the at outhalf the more structured approach required means you may not be maximising his talents.
Maybe. But then again playing 10 didn't/doesn't seem to stop Carter and Barrett from running freely
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

I liked watching Carbery at 10 because he's still a threat from there even with very little space, players who can do that are rarer than undersized attacking fullbacks.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

ronk wrote:I liked watching Carbery at 10 because he's still a threat from there even with very little space, players who can do that are rarer than undersized attacking fullbacks.
Don't think he offered much of that yesterday. Seemed to play very deep for a lot of the game and not get the balance between running and passing correct. Threw 2-3 really unnecessary missed passes too rather than building.

Think I said this in the other thread but it was a very Madigan style performance from him.
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

wixfjord wrote:
ronk wrote:I liked watching Carbery at 10 because he's still a threat from there even with very little space, players who can do that are rarer than undersized attacking fullbacks.
Don't think he offered much of that yesterday. Seemed to play very deep for a lot of the game and not get the balance between running and passing correct. Threw 2-3 really unnecessary missed passes too rather than building.

Think I said this in the other thread but it was a very Madigan style performance from him.
Bang on the money; they aren't rare at all. Madsers springs to mind immediately; then there's Lamb, Cipriani... When I listened to BOD he made at lot of sense; and I buy his contention that 15 is the best position for Carberry.