Ulster v Leinster Saturday 5.15

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Blueberry
Mullet

Re: Ulster v Leinster Saturday 5.15

Post by Blueberry »

Yes Scarlets going to be much trickier but with Sexton back at 10 and Henshaw and more interest we should still be fine.

That was just a terrible game all round, not going to get that 80 minutes back.....ulster poor and Leinster a little worse....

Still unprofessional from the lads and they should have wiped the floor with Ulster today.

Carbery struggled, Luke had a shocked....
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

Highlights of the game were the 2 tight heads.

Furlong left Piutau for dead with his magic step. Highlight of the season for me right there.

Porter didn't creak and even got himself a scrum penalty. Good start to his professional tight head career. Having a good tight head scrummager on your arse really does help.

Why did Leinster not maul their last lineout?! Crazy stuff not to eek out yards with a maul and pick and go. Simple stuff
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

On the way back from Belfast ...nearly as bad as last year... I feel cheated again. Really they should refund my ticket cost and petrol....simply not good enough...end of
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

What a sh1t performance. I'm not sold on Lancaster's philosophy. What good does all the training for off-the-cuff stuff do when you're attacking a committed and set defence? Leinster are sloppy and need a lot more precision
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Poor alright and had a feeling this game would pan out like this......in defence of the lads it must be pretty hard to be 100% focused on a nothing game. So many mistakes.

Wake up call for the semi....
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

So, positives were few on the ground. Healy looking hungry and dangerous. Leavy can't be benched anymore , he's way too important to us at the breakdown. His skillsets and work ethic raise the team up too. Lofty praise? Yes, but I just think we play better as a unit when he's on the pitch

Carberry under relatively little pressure cracked. Byrne may not offer as much in the way of moments of genius but he's a steady typical Irish style 10. I do think Joey's future is at fullback with us. He does have the potential to be world class. Fast forward ten years Carberry is outstanding at OH because frankly I rarely call sh!t right.

3000th questionable post woo who
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

leinsterforever wrote:What a sh1t performance. I'm not sold on Lancaster's philosophy. What good does all the training for off-the-cuff stuff do when you're attacking a committed and set defence? Leinster are sloppy and need a lot more precision
Ah relax, let's not get knee jerk. It was a poor performance, but an understandable anomaly.
Experimental
Knowledgeable

Post by Experimental »

Well , we threw that one away. Some very good performances from some , but terrible from others. McFadden had a mare and has not been playing well at all lately. Furlong was great, JMcGrath was very quiet. Ruddock again had a great game. Lineout was again very poor considering Ulsters was atrocious. Well done to Ulster tho, they totally deserve their win and a nice way to send Pienarr and Co. off.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Had actually forgotten about jack until you mentioned him there.

It's far too early to write off Joey as a ten. I'm not sure where he'll end up but he's shown enough to suggest that he has the goods for it. Bad day at the office but nothing terminal. I'd be worried if he has to play there again in the knockouts though, regardless of how relaxed he always is I can't imagine his confidence wasn't dented.
brenno
Bookworm

Post by brenno »

Well that cr@p performance could really come back and bite us in the arse, having to play an in form team like Scarlets instead of a shambolic Ospreys. Munster must be doing cartwheels with the hairsprays going to Thomond while we have the Scarlets. Big big improvement needed or we risk being turned over on our own turf
leinsterforever
Mullet

wixfjord wrote:
leinsterforever wrote:What a sh1t performance. I'm not sold on Lancaster's philosophy. What good does all the training for off-the-cuff stuff do when you're attacking a committed and set defence? Leinster are sloppy and need a lot more precision
Ah relax, let's not get knee jerk. It was a poor performance, but an understandable anomaly.
Don't think I'm being knee-jerk. It's more a chystallisation of feelings I get from having watched Leinster all season and thought about England's play under Lancaster. Leinster are sloppy and wasteful. How many try-scoring chances have been passed up this season through lack of clinicality?
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

leinsterforever wrote:
wixfjord wrote:
Don't think I'm being knee-jerk. It's more a chystallisation of feelings I get from having watched Leinster all season and thought about England's play under Lancaster. Leinster are sloppy and wasteful. How many try-scoring chances have been passed up this season through lack of clinicality?
Ah jaysus :lol:
This in the year we broke the Pro12 try record? Come on dude!
Rex_Banner
Beginner

Post by Rex_Banner »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Had actually forgotten about jack until you mentioned him there.

It's far too early to write off Joey as a ten. I'm not sure where he'll end up but he's shown enough to suggest that he has the goods for it. Bad day at the office but nothing terminal. I'd be worried if he has to play there again in the knockouts though, regardless of how relaxed he always is I can't imagine his confidence wasn't dented.

+1, today was definitely his worst showing in a leinster jersey but his wasn't the only poor performance. Between his age and the lack of consistency position wise I think he's due some leeway. Also feel his performance was hindered by a lack of a real battering ram in midfield. Reid's been very impressive recently but think Henshaw was badly missed today. Delighted to have J10 back for the knockouts but let's not forget he wasn't the finished article at 21 either!
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

brenno wrote:Well that cr@p performance could really come back and bite us in the arse, having to play an in form team like Scarlets instead of a shambolic Ospreys. Munster must be doing cartwheels with the hairsprays going to Thomond while we have the Scarlets. Big big improvement needed or we risk being turned over on our own turf
Can confirm; Munster fans are literally doing figurative cartwheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Ulster defended well but I've rarely seen leinster make so many poor passes and handling errors. Worrying for the Pro 12 play-offs.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
leinsterforever
Mullet

wixfjord wrote:Ah jaysus :lol:
That's a fact, but more precision is needed in the big games. Why did Lancaster finish second four years in a row in the 6N? Because his teams weren't clinical
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

Dave Cahill wrote:
CiaranIrl wrote:Bouncing between full back and out half is madness. Pick one and stick to it.
As long as it's not outhalf
Agreed. Future is fullback. BODs opinion (on OTB) was his best position would be FB and his loose/off the cuff play is better coming from FB but not best suited to OH. Evidence today to back that assertion I'd say.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

So what are we sayin, Lancaster out, now?

Just askin cause if that's the way the wind is blowin I'd like to get in on the ground floor for once :shock:
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

leinsterforever wrote:
wixfjord wrote:Ah jaysus :lol:
That's a fact, but more precision is needed in the big games. Why did Lancaster finish second four years in a row in the 6N? Because his teams weren't clinical
:lol:

Gotta laugh at times.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Had actually forgotten about jack until you mentioned him there.

He was fine there before he got injured, which suggests he might well have a future there. Moving to fullback has helped expose some flaws when shifting to 10. Early to call.