Season Tickets 2017-1018

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Season Tickets 2017-1018

Post by Oldschool »

Why not add an extra 2000 STH at a reduction for Leinster to have an option to "block" their use for two games in the season.
From the discussion above the odds of it (block) happening are low and if we expand capacity we've already locked in some of the fans.
There might be some admin issue but surely not insurmountable.
Potential fans could even be advised which games would most likely be affected once the European Cup pools are known.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

simonokeeffe wrote:Could we be cute and throw in a pre season game or two into the rds or a midweek November game against a tier 2 nation?
RDS isn't available in August for pre-season games. Not sure about an international game.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

cormac wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Could we be cute and throw in a pre season game or two into the rds or a midweek November game against a tier 2 nation?
RDS isn't available in August for pre-season games. Not sure about an international game.
cheers

if it doesnt say competitive game or or doesnt specify tournament then we might have an option to get funky
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Dunno about all this. There is the letter of the contract and the spirit of the thing. If Leinster start dicking the RDS around they might be on the end of the same at some stage.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

domhnallj wrote:Dunno about all this. There is the letter of the contract and the spirit of the thing. If Leinster start dicking the RDS around they might be on the end of the same at some stage.
Dont think my suggestions are legally binding :D but they need us just as much as we need them
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

4 renewed
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

This is all moot in any case - we won't sell out the current maximum.
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Give it a year of James Lowe running in tries
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

No need for guesswork on how many season tickets there are this season. It's in the email about Final tickets

:)
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Thats the figure so far :) isnt it?
BlueWheels
Bookworm

Post by BlueWheels »

cormac wrote:

I seem to remember that Johnny Sexton made his Irish debut in a November game at the RDS against a Pacific Island team (possibly Fiji) ... so International games have been played there at that time of year.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

At the time, neither Thomond nor Ravenhill were available. In general IRFU will go outside Dublin for non-Tier One games. They also prefer to keep games in rugby-owned stadia.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

johng wrote:No need for guesswork on how many season tickets there are this season. It's in the email about Final tickets

That's pretty decent to say the least. That being said, think it's extremely disappointing that the branch sent out an email saying that final tickets (should we get there) would not be guaranteed for season ticket holders.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Flash Gordon wrote:
johng wrote:No need for guesswork on how many season tickets there are this season. It's in the email about Final tickets

That's pretty decent to say the least. That being said, think it's extremely disappointing that the branch sent out an email saying that final tickets (should we get there) would not be guaranteed for season ticket holders.
Allocation to the two competing teams is pretty small by all accounts.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

Flash Gordon wrote:

Not the Branch's fault. Just for instance if the final ends up being between Scarlets and Ospreys I would say a small allocation will be sufficient for the travelling fans. Presumably this is a decision by the Pro12 organisers though and nothing to do with the teams involved. It is their job to sell as many tickets for the final as possible.
Four Stars
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Lar wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:

Not the Branch's fault. Just for instance if the final ends up being between Scarlets and Ospreys I would say a small allocation will be sufficient for the travelling fans. Presumably this is a decision by the Pro12 organisers though and nothing to do with the teams involved. It is their job to sell as many tickets for the final as possible.
Didn't actually mean that the branch made the decision (though my post probably suggests that). Frankly though, I think the branch should be pretty damn demanding on this one. I know the Pro 12 want to sell as many tickets as possible and don't really care about disappointing club's fans but let's face it, without Leinster and Munster this competition has no value whatsoever. As you say, if it's an ospreys vs scarlets final, they're only be 10-15k at it I'd imagine - most of them fairly disinterested Leinster fans.....For me, we should probably be flexing our muscle a bit more. After all, this impacts our ability to sell Leinster. For fans we could potentially recruit, if there's no final tickets then they might as well pick and chose their games, get the interpros and the European games and not bother with Zebre, Treviso and the Dragons.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
BlueWheels
Bookworm

Post by BlueWheels »

Just wondering if there's any word on when we'll receive the season tickets?
DartVader
Bookworm

Post by DartVader »

Leinster branded envelope arrived in the letterbox this morning.
Haven't opened it yet but feels like the season ticket card .......... or maybe Leinster Rugby have sent me a pre-loaded
credit card to have a few beers at the game this evening? :D
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

DartVader wrote:Leinster branded envelope arrived in the letterbox this morning.
Haven't opened it yet but feels like the season ticket card .......... or maybe Leinster Rugby have sent me a pre-loaded
credit card to have a few beers at the game this evening? :D
Yep. It's your ST. No beer vouchers though. :(
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

Some arrived for my group on Friday last, the rest came today.
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013