A whiff of Cordite

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Re: A whiff of Cordite

Post by artaneboy »

simonokeeffe wrote:If we turn up mentally we win

Would take a red card in first ten mins to lose. We could probably survive missing our least replaceable players Henshaw and L McGrath for the game
C'mon- Luke is not irreplaceable. JGP did it very well yesterday and does so most other weeks, when called upon. Of late McGrath may be marginally ahead on form, but let's not over promote... yet anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

artaneboy wrote:

Would take a red card in first ten mins to lose. We could probably survive missing our least replaceable players Henshaw and L McGrath for the game
C'mon- Luke is not irreplaceable. JGP did it very well yesterday and does so most other weeks, when called upon. Of late McGrath may be marginally ahead on form, but let's not over promote... yet anyway.

IMO McGrath is miles ahead, gets backline moving much better (by passing in front of receiver)

JGP to channel my inner Liam Toland is a charge by light cavalry to break a fleeing or close to fleeing enemy
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

simonokeeffe wrote:
artaneboy wrote:

IMO McGrath is miles ahead, gets backline moving much better (by passing in front of receiver)

JGP to channel my inner Liam Toland is a charge by light cavalry to break a fleeing or close to fleeing enemy
JGP reads the game really well and this allows him to support breaks. He was the guy on Ringrose's shoulder before he dummied and went himself. If he's not there, it becomes a hell of a lot harder for Ringrose to continue on.

Both our scrummies have different strengths. I'm very happy with where we're at in terms of 9 stocks
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Me too. I'd like to see NIck McCarthy get some game time in the upcoming matches vs Glasgow & Ulster. I was very impressed with how he played when he came on against the Ospreys!
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Really quick delivery off the base of each ruck, no steps taken. I definitely hope we see a bit of him in the remaining regular league games.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

this has really diverted from grousing about media coverage :D
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

ROC in the INDO today.
They'll make a fuss of him at the last regular-season game against Glasgow Warriors but there is a semi-final to be played at the Ballsbridge venue next week.
No way we'll win that semi if we are up in Ravers at the same time. That would be stretchin the squad a little thin.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

blockhead wrote:ROC in the INDO today.
They'll make a fuss of him at the last regular-season game against Glasgow Warriors but there is a semi-final to be played at the Ballsbridge venue next week.
No way we'll win that semi if we are up in Ravers at the same time. That would be stretchin the squad a little thin.
Ah sure we've rested players for league semis before :wink:
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

even by Cummiskey's dismal standards, this is amazing stuff :-

There’s life in the old Pro12 yet. Barely. This semi-final will struggle to fill the Ballsbridge arena with only 16,000 tickets, including those notoriously weather-influenced season ticket holders, flogged thus far.

With cranes dominating the Dublin skyline, while this penultimate game for the secondary trophy on offer fails to capture the imagination of the Leinster rugby-set, who love their Lyon sunshine, the good times are clearly back again.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Barry wrote:even by Cummiskey's dismal standards, this is amazing stuff :-

There’s life in the old Pro12 yet. Barely. This semi-final will struggle to fill the Ballsbridge arena with only 16,000 tickets, including those notoriously weather-influenced season ticket holders, flogged thus far.

With cranes dominating the Dublin skyline, while this penultimate game for the secondary trophy on offer fails to capture the imagination of the Leinster rugby-set, who love their Lyon sunshine, the good times are clearly back again.
Just read that... and then gave up on the rest of it. He really does have a massive chip on his shoulder.
Dont Panic!
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Barry wrote:even by Cummiskey's dismal standards, this is amazing stuff :-

Utterly appalling. I assume he was completely silent when Munster filled Thomond Park about twice in the space of four seasons.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

His tone might be somewhat snide, but is there anything actually inaccurate in what he wrote?
I have Bumbleflex
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Dave Cahill wrote:His tone might be somewhat snide, but is there anything actually inaccurate in what he wrote?
Season tickets dont cover semi finals
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

So much of what he writes implies that he hates the people who read it. Combined with the fact that he offers no insight whatsoever I don't see why he doesn't try and find a different job that makes him/us happier.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

He is right, it's poor that leinster can't sell out a home semi final.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:So much of what he writes implies that he hates the people who read it. Combined with the fact that he offers no insight whatsoever I don't see why he doesn't try and find a different job that makes him/us happier.
I said the same thing on Blues Talk a few weeks ago, a large proportion of the Irish rugby print media seem to actively dislike the sport, its participants and its supporters.

But, its still a poor reflection that we can't sell out semi-finals.
I have Bumbleflex
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

There's a wee bit of an elephant in the room around our crowds this season. The good times are back, some nice rugby being played and young guys coming through, yet afaik crowds haven't really increased and we've rarely had a full house.

Do marketing/PR team need to take a bit of ownership of this?
Do the Aviva games actually play against us now in that they attract all the fairweathers in one go and then they don't attend the other games?
Will the new facilities in the pipeline have an impact?

Certainly on the face of it the only pro team in a large capital city should be capable of pulling in more than 16k for a home league semi.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

It's still nonsense to be having a pop at the fans though. I mean he actually slags off people for making the trip to Lyon. Did he look at the fans at the Clermont game and just think "you wouldn't see all of these in the RDS" instead of it just being great support? What a pr!*k.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:It's still nonsense to be having a pop at the fans though. I mean he actually slags off people for making the trip to Lyon. Did he look at the fans at the Clermont game and just think "you wouldn't see all of these in the RDS" instead of it just being great support? What a pr!*k.
Exactly, that's the real issue (with him). What's his problem??
Dont Panic!
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

When one match a season Leinster fans travel well, they're disinterested D4 knobs looking for some beer and fun. When Munster fans do it, they're the best supporters in the world, salt of the earth liginds.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!