Pro 12 Semi-final vs Scarlets

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Pro 12 Semi-final vs Scarlets

Post by wixfjord »

Balls, that's a big loss.

Our bench shape completely changes with that too, albeit it does give more options.

You'd imagine they had an inclination that he might not make it though and Byrne was ready to step in.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

curates_egg wrote:SOB out: http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/sean-obrien ... d=16LS1479

Wonder what it means for his Lions tour. Personally, I would rather none of our players went but I am sure he would be devastated, so I'm sorry for him.

Interestingly, they have brought Ross Byrne onto the bench.
He certainly deserves to be in the mix but surely that totally alters how the bench would have been intended to be used?
SOB missing with injury,yet again...... not really a surprise anymore :cry:
etak252
Learner

Post by etak252 »

I wonder was SOB ever going to play . With Leavy on bench surely it makes way more sense to have another back on bench especially with RH coming back from rib injury. Also Jonathan Davis and Scott Williams are pretty physical backs.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

PRO12 semis at RDS
2011-14,476
2012-15,113
2013-13,235
2014-18,246
2016-19,100

Think the last 2 were agin Ulster
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

wixfjord wrote:Balls, that's a big loss.

Our bench shape completely changes with that too, albeit it does give more options.

You'd imagine they had an inclination that he might not make it though and Byrne was ready to step in.
Im sorry , but how can it be a big loss... we've barely seen him this season and we've done ok
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Who knows, maybe SOB won't make it and we put an extra back on the bench.
Apologies for quoting myself but what a ridiculous situation and Im sure I wasn't the only one who half expected it. We made accommodations for him by going with a 6-2 split and now we've disrupted our prep, changed the split on the bench, and Zane looks a worse call now. Maybe it was smoke and mirrors stuff and the coaches knew this would happen all along, but given the options we had and the number of weeks he's been out I just don't see why we selected him.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

curates_egg wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
etak252 wrote:What size crowd is expected tonight ? Scarlets seem to be bringing a good number. Important the crowd make it as difficult as possible for them to play
Think we've sold 16,000 tickets. You'd hope for a full house for a semi-final obviously.
Look at the ticket prices. You are not going to get people in on a whim at those prices. Needs to be totally rethought for next season.
Might be a factor alright but even season ticket holders are not showing up.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

alanair wrote:
wixfjord wrote:Balls, that's a big loss.

Im sorry , but how can it be a big loss... we've barely seen him this season and we've done ok
It's the difference between having a test Lion on your bench and having a rookie 10 on your bench.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

The only thing that would make me thing the SOB decision wasn't pre-planned is the selection of ZK at 23.
Makes that choice look even stranger if we knew he'd be 50/50.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

curates_egg wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
etak252 wrote:What size crowd is expected tonight ? Scarlets seem to be bringing a good number. Important the crowd make it as difficult as possible for them to play
Think we've sold 16,000 tickets. You'd hope for a full house for a semi-final obviously.
Look at the ticket prices. You are not going to get people in on a whim at those prices. Needs to be totally rethought for next season.
I know this is a bugbear of yours but I just checked Ticketmaster. Terrace tickets are available for €20, South Stand for €34. I'm not sure these are excessive for a semi final. In addition, they are advertising student tickets in UCD - although take up there may be affected by ongoing exams.
A proud Winsome Fluter
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Match not part of season ticket so 16k is actual tickets sold
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
etak252
Learner

Post by etak252 »

I would have brought way more than the 2 tickets allowed at the discount price given as a season ticket holder.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

The Doc wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
Match not part of season ticket so 16k is actual tickets sold
Quite right for tonight, I was referring to previous games. There have been matches this year where I wondered whether there were even 10k in the ground!
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

I wonder what the average attendance is for a season ticket holder. I missed two games this season one when I was away and one for a family event that was unavoidable and on both occasions made sure our tickets found good homes and were used. It's madness to me not to go or to offer the tickets to someone else if you can't when they are already paid for!
Four Stars
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:I know this is a bugbear of yours but I just checked Ticketmaster. Terrace tickets are available for €20, South Stand for €34. I'm not sure these are excessive for a semi final. In addition, they are advertising student tickets in UCD - although take up there may be affected by ongoing exams.
34 Euro in an uncovered stand is a big chunk of money. Real fans will pay it but punters considering how to spend a Friday evening and looking at the weather forecast will - at the very least - think twice.
I've gone to games in France (3 clubs) and England (1 club) this year and our prices are comparatively more expensive.

Most people posting on here are ST holders, so are not as affected. But, you can't complain about lower gates and ignore the correlation with rising ticket prices. I know Dublin is getting back close to 2007/8 prices...but I don't think that is matched by 2007/8 spending power for normal punters.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

curates_egg wrote:
Grumpy Old Man wrote:I know this is a bugbear of yours but I just checked Ticketmaster. Terrace tickets are available for €20, South Stand for €34. I'm not sure these are excessive for a semi final. In addition, they are advertising student tickets in UCD - although take up there may be affected by ongoing exams.
34 Euro in an uncovered stand is a big chunk of money. Real fans will pay it but punters considering how to spend a Friday evening and looking at the weather forecast will - at the very least - think twice.
I've gone to games in France (3 clubs) and England (1 club) this year and our prices are comparatively more expensive.

Most people posting on here are ST holders, so are not as affected. But, you can't complain about lower gates and ignore the correlation with rising ticket prices. I know Dublin is getting back close to 2007/8 prices...but I don't think that is matched by 2007/8 spending power for normal punters.
I bought 4 tickets for €70, granted 2 were kids tickets and they're in an uncovered stand. That's the same price as the cheapest ticket you can buy at the moment for the final, in the back rows of the east or west stand - those are the prices that we should be complaining about, win or lose tonight.
Dont Panic!
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

curates_egg wrote:

I'd agreed with you on French games, but I think our ticket for behind the goaline in Franklins Gardens was c €60. I generally find English tickets to be expensive.
A proud Winsome Fluter
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

curates_egg wrote:
That's 34 with another 3.50 service charge don't forget. If you want to be in a covered stand it's a minimum of 60 with another 5.95 on top. No terrace tickets left.
Edna Kenny
Graduate

Post by Edna Kenny »

I don't think €34 is excessive for a semi final. Also, if there's no price advantage given to season ticket holders then people wouldn't buy season tickets.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

blockhead wrote:PRO12 semis at RDS
2011-14,476
2012-15,113
2013-13,235
2014-18,246
2016-19,100

Think the last 2 were agin Ulster
There was a semi-final in 2010 at the RDS too. 19,750 was the attendance for the 16 v 6 win over Munster.

Basically we've sold out semi-finals against Irish opposition when we haven't had a European final a week later.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish