Henshaw injured

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Henshaw injured

Postby mildlyinterested » June 29th, 2017, 9:32 am

Requires surgery on a torn pec muscle, could miss first two rounds of europe.

Options to play 12 in his place:
Noel Reid(27)
Tom Daly(24)
Rory O'Loughlin(23)
Garry Ringrose(22)
Conor O'Brien(21)
Jimmy O'Brien(20)
mildlyinterested
Graduate
 
Posts: 685
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Henshaw injured

Postby jimbobjoe » June 29th, 2017, 10:08 am

Fupping Lions.

Reid and ROL will be getting a lot of gametime for the first half of the season. Happy for Reid to play 12, but who'll step in if it's Ringrose & ROL?
I'll die before I surrender, Tim.
User avatar
jimbobjoe
Enlightened
 
Posts: 870
Joined: September 16th, 2009, 9:23 pm

Re: Henshaw injured

Postby mildlyinterested » June 29th, 2017, 10:12 am

jimbobjoe wrote:Fupping Lions.

Reid and ROL will be getting a lot of gametime for the first half of the season. Happy for Reid to play 12, but who'll step in if it's Ringrose & ROL?


You'd assume Ringrose.

If ROL settles at 13 and looks solid defensively at the start of the season, i'd probably be happier to see Ringrose/ROL partnership.
mildlyinterested
Graduate
 
Posts: 685
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Henshaw injured

Postby wixfjord » June 29th, 2017, 11:03 am

If Reid continues in the form he showed last season he's the obvious choice to fit in there. Should get a fair bit of game time at start of the year too with Ringrose/ROL.
wixfjord
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3024
Joined: April 13th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Re: Henshaw injured

Postby LeRouxIsPHat » June 29th, 2017, 11:35 am

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing more of Noel, he was really unlucky not to be more involved as the season went on, had a great season before that. Plus he was one of the few players not on tour so should be ready to go from the start of the season.
User avatar
LeRouxIsPHat
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 10295
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 8:49 pm

Re: Henshaw injured

Postby arsebiscuits1 » June 29th, 2017, 11:36 am

Ross Byrne? I've been curious as to how he would fare at 12 for a while now.

Realistically he's not getting in there ahead of Reid.

Tom Daly brings size but not a huge amount else from what I have seen.

Let's see if one of the academy lads can have a ROL-esque rise
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
arsebiscuits1
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 373
Joined: November 19th, 2014, 4:53 pm

Re: Henshaw injured

Postby wixfjord » June 29th, 2017, 1:46 pm

Not sure Byrne has the passing ability under pressure or indeed the physicality/tackling yet for 12. Plus would be a shame to move him AND Carbery from 10.

We've a ready made senior replacement there in Reid, he should be backed imo.

Slightly surprised Daly got another contract. He looked ok at times last year but completely lost at any resemblance of a higher level. Would be surprised if he makes it, which is unfortunate given his physicality.
wixfjord
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3024
Joined: April 13th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Re: Henshaw injured

Postby simonokeeffe » June 29th, 2017, 2:07 pm

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing more of Noel, he was really unlucky not to be more involved as the season went on, had a great season before that. Plus he was one of the few players not on tour so should be ready to go from the start of the season.


Going by photos and video of Hensahw coming off and the level of discomfort he's in hoepfully its only Grade 2 which means hes out of action for about 6 weeks
When he spreads his legs like that youd need dynamite or the Highland Light Infantry to shift him.
User avatar
simonokeeffe
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 16080
Joined: July 21st, 2011, 3:04 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Henshaw injured

Postby mildlyinterested » June 29th, 2017, 2:18 pm

simonokeeffe wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing more of Noel, he was really unlucky not to be more involved as the season went on, had a great season before that. Plus he was one of the few players not on tour so should be ready to go from the start of the season.


Going by photos and video of Hensahw coming off and the level of discomfort he's in hoepfully its only Grade 2 which means hes out of action for about 6 weeks


He has to get surgery so it's a grade 3.
mildlyinterested
Graduate
 
Posts: 685
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Henshaw injured

Postby ChrisUppy » June 29th, 2017, 2:29 pm

Maybe a bit of a left field prediction but the bits I've seen of Conor O'Brien to date have impressed me and I'm somewhat surprised he's not received the hype some of the other academy prospects do. Still very young and he's coming off a long injury but I'd heard he had made an impressive return to AIL at the end of last season. Hopefully he's given a bit of time at the start of the season anyway
ChrisUppy
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 430
Joined: May 7th, 2011, 9:52 pm

Re: Henshaw injured

Postby simonokeeffe » June 29th, 2017, 2:34 pm

mildlyinterested wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing more of Noel, he was really unlucky not to be more involved as the season went on, had a great season before that. Plus he was one of the few players not on tour so should be ready to go from the start of the season.


Going by photos and video of Hensahw coming off and the level of discomfort he's in hoepfully its only Grade 2 which means hes out of action for about 6 weeks


He has to get surgery so it's a grade 3.


if its grade 3 hes probably not back before Christmas (and its potentially carrer threatening)
When he spreads his legs like that youd need dynamite or the Highland Light Infantry to shift him.
User avatar
simonokeeffe
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 16080
Joined: July 21st, 2011, 3:04 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Henshaw injured

Postby Dave Cahill » June 29th, 2017, 2:37 pm

Does anyone have any actual information on Henshaw's injury?
I have Bumbleflex
User avatar
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 20560
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 4:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business

Re: Henshaw injured

Postby mildlyinterested » June 29th, 2017, 3:04 pm

Dave Cahill wrote:Does anyone have any actual information on Henshaw's injury?


he tore his pec and it requires surgery to be fixed.
mildlyinterested
Graduate
 
Posts: 685
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Henshaw injured

Postby blockhead » June 29th, 2017, 3:31 pm

mildlyinterested wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Does anyone have any actual information on Henshaw's injury?


he tore his pec and it requires surgery to be fixed.


Pec. That's a euphemism right?
Gawd, that sounds sore.
Still though he could ask the surgeon for an extension while he's down there.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
User avatar
blockhead
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3882
Joined: December 14th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Location: Bastardstown, Co. Wexford

Re: Henshaw injured

Postby simonokeeffe » June 29th, 2017, 4:46 pm

blockhead wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Does anyone have any actual information on Henshaw's injury?


he tore his pec and it requires surgery to be fixed.


Pec. That's a euphemism right?
Gawd, that sounds sore.
Still though he could ask the surgeon for an extension while he's down there.


Pretty sure he doesnt need a boob job
When he spreads his legs like that youd need dynamite or the Highland Light Infantry to shift him.
User avatar
simonokeeffe
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 16080
Joined: July 21st, 2011, 3:04 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Henshaw injured

Postby johng » June 29th, 2017, 6:46 pm

Pectoralis Major as you well know blockhead you little chyte stirer. 8) :twisted: :|
User avatar
johng
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 16680
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Re: Henshaw injured

Postby neiliog93 » June 29th, 2017, 7:45 pm

I was relieved it was a torn muscle and not a complicated shoulder injury, or any joint really. It will take a few months to recover (I'd say he will be back before Christmas) but a torn muscle, especially when it's in the upper body and not something like a hamstring, is not usually a career threatening injury.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
neiliog93
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3148
Joined: April 12th, 2008, 11:42 am

Re: Henshaw injured

Postby blockhead » June 29th, 2017, 7:49 pm

[quote="simonokeeffe"

Pretty sure he doesnt need a boob job[/quote]

Why not?
Men love boob jobs.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
User avatar
blockhead
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3882
Joined: December 14th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Location: Bastardstown, Co. Wexford

Re: Henshaw injured

Postby simonokeeffe » June 29th, 2017, 9:28 pm

The Lions have so much to answer for
When he spreads his legs like that youd need dynamite or the Highland Light Infantry to shift him.
User avatar
simonokeeffe
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 16080
Joined: July 21st, 2011, 3:04 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Henshaw injured

Postby johng » June 29th, 2017, 9:36 pm

Real and soft beats fake and hard every time
User avatar
johng
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 16680
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Next

Return to Leinster Addicts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests