A definitive thumbs down for dildo's from Johng
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Henshaw injured

Post by simonokeeffe »

johng wrote:Real and soft beats fake and hard every time
So you back Owen Farrell over Te'o then?
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

simonokeeffe wrote:
johng wrote:Real and soft beats fake and hard every time
So you back Owen Farrell over Te'o then?
o

I do. Much as I like Te'o as a player, the poor fella can't pass.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Owen Farrell is one of the toughest bastids in Rugby.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

If you can't pass one side, you can't optimise your team-mates. If you can't pass either side, you can't play Union at top level. The absence of this skill, from the T'eo package, was evident in his last six months in Leinster and a contributory factor in there being no huge encouragement to stay and qualify for Ireland
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Ruckedtobits wrote:If you can't pass one side, you can't optimise your team-mates. If you can't pass either side, you can't play Union at top level. The absence of this skill, from the T'eo package, was evident in his last six months in Leinster and a contributory factor in there being no huge encouragement to stay and qualify for Ireland
Plus, obviously, the enormous wedge that he was offered to go play for England.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Passing without anyone being there to receive it is simply throwing the ball on the ground.
I have Bumbleflex
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

Should be able to work something with Reid, Daly and O'Brien. Daly seems to have struggled a bit so far. I wonder whether O'Brien will take to this level better. Hopefully the coaches won't be afraid to pick COB if he shows enough
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Any word on how bad the injury it / when he might be back?
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
COYBIB
Enlightened

Post by COYBIB »

I'd imagine Carburry will see some game time at 12 in his absence. I just hope he doesn't become a victim of his own versatility, he reminds me of Madigan a bit, it would be a shame to see that sort of talent wasted to a certain extent again.

Could be looking at a European selection along the lines of:

9. McGrath 10. Sexton 11. Lowe 12. Carburry 13. Ringrose 14. Nacewa 15. R. Kearney
21. Gibson-Park 22. O'Loughlin 23. A. Byrne
jezzer wrote:He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

COYBIB wrote:I'd imagine Carburry will see some game time at 12 in his absence. I just hope he doesn't become a victim of his own versatility, he reminds me of Madigan a bit, it would be a shame to see that sort of talent wasted to a certain extent again.

Could be looking at a European selection along the lines of:

9. McGrath 10. Sexton 11. Lowe 12. Carburry 13. Ringrose 14. Nacewa 15. R. Kearney
21. Gibson-Park 22. O'Loughlin 23. A. Byrne
Very much doubt we'll see Isa in the front line starters in our top games next Season, unless he's discovered a new brand of monkey glands. Byrne, Daly, D Kearney and RO'L all have the pace, and longer-term potential value.....and then there's Larmour!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Henshaw confirmed out for 4 months, torn pec off the bone.

Why exactly would you put Carbery into another unfamiliar position when you have a senior 12 in reserve who has just had a very good season? Reid will be our 12 from the start of the year, and rightly so.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Given the lack of real options at FB both for Leinster and Ireland, perhaps it's time to move to FB.
Henshaw's injury could very easily result in Leinster coming up with a new, permanent, centre partnership.
ROL and Ringrose might just fit the bill.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

wixfjord wrote:Henshaw confirmed out for 4 months, torn pec off the bone.

Why exactly would you put Carbery into another unfamiliar position when you have a senior 12 in reserve who has just had a very good season? Reid will be our 12 from the start of the year, and rightly so.
Hes possibly out of AIs too
Not to be pedantic but wonder is that 16 weeks til he plays or 16 weeks til he trains. Going to take a couple of months on his return to get his strength back too

IMO we badly need Carbery at 10, a slowish 10 in Byrne and a small 12 in Reid or Carbery is going to be easy to defend against
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

simonokeeffe wrote:
wixfjord wrote:Henshaw confirmed out for 4 months, torn pec off the bone.

Hes possibly out of AIs too
Not to be pedantic but wonder is that 16 weeks til he plays or 16 weeks til he trains. Going to take a couple of months on his return to get his strength back too
Falvey quoted as saying it might be less...but it might also be more if it doesn't knit right. I seem to remember Henshaw taking longer to recover from injuries previously than expected.

Very frustrating. We always lose at least one of the 5/6 players we contribute to a Lions tour to injury, so hopefully he is the only one. We know we won't be seeing much of Sexton or Seanie (as usual). Furlong has racked up a lot of minutes and Jack Mc was knackered before the tour even began.
Could be a very disruptive impact on our season.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Realistically we won't see much of any of the lions until round 3 & 4 of europe.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

mildlyinterested wrote:Realistically we won't see much of any of the lions until round 3 & 4 of europe.
Thats not actually true though, is it.

When was the last time, injury aside, a Lion was unavailable for selection for the first round of a european campaign?
I have Bumbleflex
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Dave Cahill wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:Realistically we won't see much of any of the lions until round 3 & 4 of europe.

When was the last time, injury aside, a Lion was unavailable for selection for the first round of a european campaign?
Yeah. If they are not injured, they'll be available.
The problem is, they will be rested until the week before and then parachuted into the team, which has been a recipe for disruption that has played a major role in us failing to achieve our potential over the past few seasons in my opinion.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

In 2013 we had six players selected for the Lions tour. Here's when they made their seasonal reappearance for Leinster

Cian Healy - bench in Week 3 20 Sep 2013 away v Glasgow (started at home the following week)
Rob Kearney - bench in Week 3 20 Sep 2013 away v Glasgow (started at home the following week)
Jamie Heaslip - started in Week 4 27 Sep 2013 home v Cardiff
Brian O'Driscoll - started in Week 4 27 Sep 2013 home v Cardiff
Sean O'Brien - started in Week 5 5 October 2013 away v Munster
Johnny Sexton - moved to Racing Metro

Both Healy and Kearney played the fewest games on the Lions tour due to injury.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

curates_egg wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:

Yeah. If they are not injured, they'll be available.
The problem is, they will be rested until the week before and then parachuted into the team, which has been a recipe for disruption that has played a major role in us failing to achieve our potential over the past few seasons in my opinion.
Yup
Newstalk just said 12 weeks, its a freakishlyy short return time for a complete tear of any major muscle off the bone