Ringrose Injury

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

joooooe
Enlightened

Re: Ringrose Injury

Post by joooooe »

artaneboy wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Sorry, but that simply isn't true. His teammates were less than impressed with him either and they actually suspended him from the irish squad themselves. You don't throw the irish shirt on the floor and not face reprecussions.
Oh, what's not true; that he wasn't selected for the Lions because of a national "disciplinary" issue? Is that not what both of us effectively said?

Look, it doesn't matter anyway. Getting back to the essence of the matter, we are supposed to value the Lions as the pinnacle of the sport in these islands. Well maybe the players regard it so, but many of us fans just don't buy it. I don't hate the Lions concept; but I don't regard it as worth any sacrifice in terms of Leinster and Ireland. End of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm in the same boat as you, Artaneboy. I just don't buy the Lions as a concept any more. I used to enjoy it - the alternative at this time of year being cycling or tennis - but a combination of massive hype (I give it 6 months before the first mention of "if he continues like this he could be on the plane to South Africa in 2021) and the toll paid by club/provincial sides has turned me right off.

I love the Ryder Cup, an oft-used comparator for the Lions, but that's because I am European, Europe being a tangible entity. I have never described myself as "British and Irish" nor, prior to 2001, "British". I could get behind it if it became a 6 Nations selection but the whole concept strikes me as a strange contrivance.

I felt like this 4 years ago and was made to feel like a freak by some people. This time around I have come across far more people with the same view as me. It is probably only a matter of time before a player turns down a call-up, if it hasn't quietly happened already (I'm thinking of the sort of freakishly talented mercenaries like the Armitage brothers or David Strettle). Before you think that's nonsense, be reminded that both McCaw and Carter took non-injury-enforced sabbaticals in the middle of their careers in order to prolong their useful playing time.

Finally, back on topic, Ringrose's injury is unfortunate but he should be humming by the sharp end of the season and, as noted by others above, it provides a great opportunity for the likes of Reid and O'Loughlin to step up...who knows, if they really show their stuff they could be on the plane in 2021...
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Dave Cahill wrote:Silverware - its been three years since we won somthing
+1. By any means necessary!!!!
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

That's all that matters this year. f%~k developing players, we do that and they are held back to play for Ireland or the cr@p that is the Lions. I have no doubt at all that players were held back from Leinster to keep them fresh for the Lions.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

the spoofer wrote:
That's all that matters this year. f%~k developing players, we do that and they are held back to play for Ireland or the cr@p that is the Lions. I have no doubt at all that players were held back from Leinster to keep them fresh for the Lions.

Totally with that view. Silverware this Season is the only priority for Leo et al, at this point. All the IRFU objectives have been met. I've never accepted the Mick Dawson outlook that a 'home quarter-final' is the obligatory KPI. Leinster are good enough and the punters have been supportive and patient enough to allow MOC screw up and Leo grow up and develop as a top-class Coach.

Now we want a trophy or Two.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Ruckedtobits wrote:
the spoofer wrote:

Totally with that view. Silverware this Season is the only priority for Leo et al, at this point. All the IRFU objectives have been met. I've never accepted the Mick Dawson outlook that a 'home quarter-final' is the obligatory KPI. Leinster are good enough and the punters have been supportive and patient enough to allow MOC screw up and Leo grow up and develop as a top-class Coach.

Now we want a trophy or Two.
This x 4...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Right on! And after the Osprey disaster in the RDS last May I personally don't want to hear anymore cr@p about the advantages of home semi-finals. Damn the statistics and take each match as it comes!!!!!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

riocard911 wrote:Right on! And after the Osprey disaster in the RDS last May I personally don't want to hear anymore cr@p about the advantages of home semi-finals. Damn the statistics and take each match as it comes!!!!!
you mean the scarlets disaster and let's not mention that again.

utter incompetence.

also while I appreciate everyones comments re winning, players will have to be developed if we hope to win anything.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Looking on the positive side, I'm very interested to see how Reid/ROL go together. They had some lovely cameos last year, and will get tons of time together now.

Tom Daly will be getting a good bit of time too I'd say. Probably last chance saloon for him. Showed some nice stuff at low Pro12 level last year but needs a lot more to his game if he's going to be kept on.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

mildlyinterested wrote:
riocard911 wrote:Right on! And after the Osprey disaster in the RDS last May I personally don't want to hear anymore cr@p about the advantages of home semi-finals. Damn the statistics and take each match as it comes!!!!!
you mean the scarlets disaster and let's not mention that again.

utter incompetence.

also while I appreciate everyones comments re winning, players will have to be developed if we hope to win anything.
Scarlets, of course! Even thinking back to it causes me to lose my bearings!!!!!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

The league is emminently doable re silverware

Leinster and Munster are the only teams that have definitely strengthened in terms of recruitment, but Munster have the coaching situation

Glasgow though have recruited a very good coach even if their player recruitment is neutral
Ospreys have gotten weaker and still dont have the 3/4 line
Ulster have zero depth at half back
Liam Williams is a huge, huge loss to Scarlets
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

simonokeeffe wrote: Ospreys have gotten weaker and still dont have the 3/4 line
What do you mean, sure haven't the signed British and Irish Lion Corey Allen!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

wixfjord wrote:
:lol:
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

simonokeeffe wrote:
wixfjord wrote:
:lol:
Development year so
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Ringrose Injury

Post by neill_m »

Corey Allen wasn't one of the geography six. He is a decent player mind.