Ulster 2017 - 2018

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Re: Ulster 2017 - 2018

Post by Flash Gordon »

Dave Cahill wrote:Gosh, why not? After us treating his father so well?
Exactly my thoughts. Not only did the IRFU fock over his dad but they also made him live in Wales.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Keatley is facing competition from Hanrahan as backup. One of those going on loan could be a quick fix.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

ronk wrote:Keatley is facing competition from Hanrahan as backup. One of those going on loan could be a quick fix.
Keatley then becomes first player to play for all 4 provinces
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Possibly the most significant Ulster signing in the professional era is Academy First Year player Joe Dunleavy from Letterkenny. He must be the first Donegal rugby player (Letterkenny) signed by the Province in the pro era - and only months after the departure of Allan Clarke, who was not reknowned for his player ID "west of the Bann"

In a different code, it was always said that big Ulstermen only came from Derry and Donegal and there's a lot of footballers to prove that contention.

Good luck to Joe and he'll enjoy the company of Jack Regan from Birr to talk football and hurling on Monday mornings.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

You obviously never saw an Armagh team up close! :D
I have Bumbleflex
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

RTB launches his bid to be a Fianna Fail councellor
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

http://www.the42.ie/jack-regan-greg-jon ... 4-Jul2017/

FORMER IRELAND U20 international forwards Jack Regan and Greg Jones have been named on Ulster’s list of year one academy entrants
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Hippo wrote:TLDR: Let's all shut up about the case until it concludes
I concur
And on that basis and moving quickly on to matters rugby.
Who will be Ulster's first choice OH and backup - Will they be allowed sign a short term replacement - eg Madigan (Already mentioned) perhaps.
In the Ireland sense who will be the main gainers?
Carberry certainly and his Leinster understudy Byrne who will get even more first team exposure.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

I'm in genuine shock that someone was able to find out who is in the Ulster Academy! I don't know who Sean Farrell slept with but it was worth it.

Ulster Academy

Year three:

Nick Timoney (back row), Peter Cooper (prop).

Year two:

Jonathan Stewart (scrum-half), Angus Curtis (out-half), Rory Butler (centre), Adam McBurney (hooker), Zach McCall (hooker) Aaron Hall (back row), Marcus Rea (back row).

Year one:

Tom O’Toole (prop), Eric O’Sullivan (prop), Alex Clarke (hooker), Matt Dalton (second row) Jack Regan (second row), John McCusker (second row) Joe Dunleavy (back row) Greg Jones (back row), Michael Lowry (out-half), James Hume (Centre).
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Oldschool wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
Hippo wrote:TLDR: Let's all shut up about the case until it concludes
I concur
And on that basis and moving quickly on to matters rugby.
Who will be Ulster's first choice OH and backup - Will they be allowed sign a short term replacement - eg Madigan (Already mentioned) perhaps.
In the Ireland sense who will be the main gainers?
Carberry certainly and his Leinster understudy Byrne who will get even more first team exposure.
I dont think Madigan is realistic
Marsh or Keatley more likely
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Possibly the most significant Ulster signing in the professional era is Academy First Year player Joe Dunleavy from Letterkenny. He must be the first Donegal rugby player (Letterkenny) signed by the Province in the pro era - and only months after the departure of Allan Clarke, who was not reknowned for his player ID "west of the Bann"

In a different code, it was always said that big Ulstermen only came from Derry and Donegal and there's a lot of footballers to prove that contention.

Good luck to Joe and he'll enjoy the company of Jack Regan from Birr to talk football and hurling on Monday mornings.
Not sure a Donegal lad will have much to say about the small ball.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Ulster 17/18

Post by johng »

I hear rumors that Jonno Gibbes is bringing Stephen Donald to Ulster for obvious reasons
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Re: Ulster 17/18

Post by hugonaut »

johng wrote:I hear rumors that Jonno Gibbes is bringing Stephen Donald to Ulster for obvious reasons
Good rumour!

Would like to see Beaver in the league. He's a good player and a great bloke.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Thatd be a damn good signing under any circumstances
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

johng wrote:I hear rumors that Jonno Gibbes is bringing Stephen Donald to Ulster for obvious reasons
I hope it is a hell of a lot more than a rumour, he is out of contract and has not resigned anywhere yet so I live in hope.
The one thing I have heard is we are waiting for Nucifora to sign of permission for a contract and it has been taking a while so it does sound like a NIQ player, I won't be surprised though if it is yet another U20 player or 3rd rate IQ player unknown to us all.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

At Donald's age of 33 I think they would allow him in as he wouldn't be blocking any other player for a long time and would steady the boat until the whole legal affair gets sorted one way or another.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

sunshiner1 wrote:At Donald's age of 33 I think they would allow him in as he wouldn't be blocking any other player for a long time and would steady the boat until the whole legal affair gets sorted one way or another.
Exactly, just like they did with scrum half.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

They could have killed two birds with one stone if Nucifora hadn't been so keen to use Ulster to show the world the size of his mickey.
I have Bumbleflex
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Dave Cahill wrote:They could have killed two birds with one stone if Nucifora hadn't been so keen to use Ulster to show the world the size of his mickey.
Correct Dave and to make matters worse he was aware of the probable situation we now find ourselves in
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

rooster wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:They could have killed two birds with one stone if Nucifora hadn't been so keen to use Ulster to show the world the size of his mickey.
Correct Dave and to make matters worse he was aware of the probable situation we now find ourselves in
Thats it exactly. He knew that Ulster could well be in this position and still went ahead and got rid of an international outhalf.
I have Bumbleflex