Friday's rant

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Friday's rant

Post by domhnallj »

johng wrote:I drove from Perpignan to Nice last week. They are far worse. Greeks worse again. Italians...... But Rome takes the top honour of places I've driven. Maniacs doesn't come close.

We need a new scale. STARTING at maniac.

I'm not allowed to drive in Italy - I start at road rage and escalate from there.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

johng wrote:I drove from Perpignan to Nice last week. They are far worse. Greeks worse again. Italians...... But Rome takes the top honour of places I've driven. Maniacs doesn't come close.

The Rome drivers are first rate safe drivers compared to those in Naples, you haven't driven till you have driven through it. Then there is India, best not even try
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Portuguese are god-awful drivers too.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Never quite made it to Naples. Furthest south I have driven in Italy is about half way between Rome and Naples. Never been to India and probably wouldn't consider driving there. Driven a fair bit in Portugal and Spain without any issues. Maybe just lucky.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Palermo makes Rome look scandanavian
I have Bumbleflex
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

johng wrote:Never quite made it to Naples. Furthest south I have driven in Italy is about half way between Rome and Naples. Never been to India and probably wouldn't consider driving there. Driven a fair bit in Portugal and Spain without any issues. Maybe just lucky.
Road deaths per 100,000 inhabitants

India 16.6
USA 10.6
Greece 9.1
Portugal 7.8
Italy 6.1
Ireland 4.1
Spain 3.7
UK 2.9
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

domhnallj wrote:

I'm not allowed to drive in Italy - I start at road rage and escalate from there.
For flips sake man that is prime Italian driving, wave hands, make gestures and honk your horn, they will think you are a local.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

f%~king Tapatalk signatures
I have Bumbleflex
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Lottie Ryan. They used heavy metal music to break Noriega. For me it would be Lottie Ryan's voice.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Thankfully I have never heard it or of her. :|
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

The music on right here, right now #turnitoff
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

the spoofer wrote:Lottie Ryan. They used heavy metal music to break Noriega. For me it would be Lottie Ryan's voice.
How is she employed by RTE?
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

johng wrote:Thankfully I have never heard it or of her. :|
Jaysus, even I've heard of her...and I thought Gay Byrne still presented the Late late show.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Samsung smart TV bricked after an update. Samsung refusing to take responsibility despite it being widely reported. Scumbags.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Awful scenes in US due to Hurricane Harvey, 18 dead as of now. Massive media coverage.
As a side note, floods in India have killed at least 500 people. Hardly a mention.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Ryanair cancelling my £12.50 flight to Dublin tomorrow meaning I have now to pay £100 to Aer Lingus. The humanity, the b$&%@#ds...

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

domhnallj wrote:Ryanair cancelling my £12.50 flight to Dublin tomorrow meaning I have now to pay £100 to Aer Lingus. The humanity, the b$&%@#ds...
Sometimes you win sometimes you lose.
Had flight booked to France for Tuesday just gone and had to postpone to Saturday. Then the Frog Traffic Controllers went on strike on Tuesday.
I'm thinking of buying a lotto ticket.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

blockhead wrote:Awful scenes in US due to Hurricane Harvey, 18 dead as of now. Massive media coverage.
As a side note, floods in India have killed at least 500 people. Hardly a mention.
That says as much about the Indian media and Government as anything else.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Oldschool wrote:
blockhead wrote:Awful scenes in US due to Hurricane Harvey, 18 dead as of now. Massive media coverage.
That says as much about the Indian media and Government as anything else.
No it doesn't you plonker. It says that our media doesn't think that it will gain much traction with audience's here and so goes unmentioned.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Tonight. 500 people died but none of them were Irish.... Or even from a place where Irish people might have relatives so.....

Replace Irish with whichever country is reporting the news.

Put it another way....

A/ Someone was shot today in west Dublin but you don't know anyone who knows them.....

That's terrible. People are getting shot all the time here. Ffs.

B/ You know that girl who's going out with Mick? Yeah well her brother was shot dead today in west Dublin....

Holy fcuk that's so tragic. She's a lovely girl. She must be devastated. Is there anything we can do. How's her ma. Etc. Etc.