Contracts

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Contracts

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

wixfjord wrote:That's good news on Cronin, hopefully he maintains his form and cements himself as our #1.
I don't see him getting ahead of Healy or McGrath at this stage.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
wixfjord wrote:That's good news on Cronin, hopefully he maintains his form and cements himself as our #1.
I don't see him getting ahead of Healy or McGrath at this stage.
Tumbleweed!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

This is not going to go down well is some parts of this little Island.
https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 21973.html

3-1 to Tadgh :lol:
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
naraic
Mullet

Post by naraic »

blockhead wrote:This is not going to go down well is some parts of this little Island.

It's Luke, him handing out free money wouldnt go down well on some parts of this island.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

It is a little bit trolly to be honest. The points are true but the knife is going in a bit.

Obviously I'm not immune, what he called "leverage" I called "pester power". As O'Gara said O'Mahony would not be getting loads of extra cash if he went abroad. There is no Irish player whose market value is higher than Furlong's. The IRFU are negotiating based on Furlong's desire to play for Ireland. Which is their leverage. And why it's essential that those leaving are treated as pariahs.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

blockhead wrote:This is not going to go down well is some parts of this little Island.

I'm very pleased PO'M is staying in Ireland. We need a strong Munster -ditto Ulster & Connacht - to keep the Pro 14 going, retain our own autonomy and prevent us being sucked into the Nigels' orbit. Current odds have Leinster as ERCC favourites and Munster as second favourites. El Clasico as the final? Now that would be something for the AP and Top 14 moneybags to put in their pipes and smoke.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

the spoofer wrote:I don't believe that Cronin is going anywhere. It was mentioned at the weekend and someone who should be in the know was dismissive.
I really hope that's true, he's playing very well at the moment.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Anybody else here about Rob Kearney getting an 18 month CC.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

riocard911 wrote:

I'm very pleased PO'M is staying in Ireland. We need a strong Munster -ditto Ulster & Connacht - to keep the Pro 14 going, retain our own autonomy and prevent us being sucked into the Nigels' orbit. Current odds have Leinster as ERCC favourites and Munster as second favourites. El Clasico as the final? Now that would be something for the AP and Top 14 moneybags to put in their pipes and smoke.
It would be a dour match, imo.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

suisse wrote:
riocard911 wrote:

It would be a dour match, imo.

As long as we won I couldn't give a monkey's!!! 44 phase tries? More of that please!!!
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

blockhead wrote:Anybody else here about Rob Kearney getting an 18 month CC.
Yes, apparently he wanted one to June 2020 but they were only offering until the end of the 2019 RWC. There was a bit of giving about him getting the central contract I'm sure..
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

neiliog93 wrote:
Yes, apparently he wanted one to June 2020 but they were only offering until the end of the 2019 RWC. There was a bit of giving about him getting the central contract I'm sure..
RK will be 32 come the world cup, obviously he wont make the next one but with $imon Zebo in France for a few years, Carbery fragile and Payne precariously positioned, I would have thought theyd give him to at least the end of that season if not maybe past it. Plus by then he'd be too old to be coveted elsewhere
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Yes, apparently he wanted one to June 2020 but they were only offering until the end of the 2019 RWC.
Leinsterlunatic
Bookworm

Post by Leinsterlunatic »

When are contracts announced?

Interested to see who will move on, especially Dave Kearney, who IMO will have to leave in order to get any playing time in the coming seasons.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Leinsterlunatic wrote:When are contracts announced?

Interested to see who will move on, especially Dave Kearney, who IMO will have to leave in order to get any playing time in the coming seasons.
It was april last year.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I'm really reluctant to write off guys like Dave K.
We had people writing off McFadden and look what has happened.
Particularly with a RWC coming up and Isa possibly leaving I think DK will have be a valuable squad player to have if he’s happy to take a wage cut.
Leinsterlunatic
Bookworm

Post by Leinsterlunatic »

wixfjord wrote:I'm really reluctant to write off guys like Dave K.
We had people writing off McFadden and look what has happened.
Particularly with a RWC coming up and Isa possibly leaving I think DK will have be a valuable squad player to have if he’s happy to take a wage cut.
Agreed, I just think when DK has played, he hasn't been great at all. Delighted that McFadden has proved people wrong, including myself.

We will just have too many wingers IMO. Lowe, Daly, Byrne, McFadden and then the utility players like Ica, O'Loughlin, Carberry etc.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Any chance of Isa being kept for another year? Centre is the one spot we lack dept and he looks really good in that 12 position. He could also cover 10 as there's a good chance Ross Byrne could be with Ireland too.
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

Between JS, RB and JC we have 3 very god with the possibility of great 10's. If all are fit how do we keep them happy and hold on to them. Lamour's rise means JC to 15 is less of of option. Not sure how long each of their contracts is.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

There was some talk online that Byrne was heading north at the end of the season fwiw.