Re: A whiff of Cordite

Post by Laighin Break »

This conversation with Stuart Lancaster was a very good listen:

https://findingmastery.net/stuart-lancaster/
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Laighin Break wrote:This conversation with Stuart Lancaster was a very good listen:

https://findingmastery.net/stuart-lancaster/
Added to the queue. Thanks for that.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Ruckedtobits wrote:
blockhead wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Even Darcy has picked up a pitchfork over Grobbler now, best part was saying hes a placeholder until Tadhg Beirne signs and then calling him a project player
uh oh, tis one thing when a "D4" Journo does it, but when its a ex ladyboy
Take cover.
ladyboy Not a word I fancy in any cicumstances, given the usage in the Southern Hemisphere
Nonetheless a very accurate estimation of Leinster packs v French packs (in particular) in the early professional days.
Think of it back in day usage rather than in current day PC.
Or if you prefer pussies as in pussycats (Lions???) because that was the way I think it was intended at the time.
Should I duck now or wait for my head to be taken off first.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

Oldschool wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:ladyboy Not a word I fancy in any cicumstances, given the usage in the Southern Hemisphere
Nonetheless a very accurate estimation of Leinster packs v French packs (in particular) in the early professional days.
Think of it back in day usage rather than in current day PC.
Or if you prefer pussies as in pussycats (Lions???) because that was the way I think it was intended at the time.
Should I duck now or wait for my head to be taken off first.
Pussies did not refer to pussycats.
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Franno is also a serial homophobe so theres that too
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Rhys Ruddock hoping to be back by the end of the season was on luke fitzs podcast
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

A whiff of Cordite

Post by artaneboy »

mildlyinterested wrote:Rhys Ruddock hoping to be back by the end of the season was on luke fitzs podcast
Pfff. That’s not that reassuring- is it? Well obviously it was close to the worst case feared scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Never forget that Franno also referred to Munster as Ladyboys. Equally as offensive, but evens up the slagging rights.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

ROC joining the back slapping of himself for the Grobbler putsch. Its Joe Duffy stuff now
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

simonokeeffe wrote:ROC joining the back slapping of himself for the Grobbler putsch. Its Joe Duffy stuff now
I'm getting pretty sick and tired of the holier than thou sh!t now. You would think Munster had signed Lance Armstrong or Ben Johnson the way Newstalk in particular are going on.

Very interesting to hear Del Fava interviewed about it. You know the guy, right? Played for Ulster after being done for doping. Way back before everyone decided to become holy crusaders on every issue.

Hopefully there will be a few calls to re-review the Frankie Sheehan case now in light of what we know about Chris Froome.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

CiaranIrl wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:ROC joining the back slapping of himself for the Grobbler putsch. Its Joe Duffy stuff now
I'm getting pretty sick and tired of the holier than thou sh!t now. You would think Munster had signed Lance Armstrong or Ben Johnson the way Newstalk in particular are going on.

Very interesting to hear Del Fava interviewed about it. You know the guy, right? Played for Ulster after being done for doping. Way back before everyone decided to become holy crusaders on every issue.

Hopefully there will be a few calls to re-review the Frankie Sheehan case now in light of what we know about Chris Froome.
Once these lads get onto Newstalk's OTB they lose the run of themselves... smug self congratulation from then on.
Dont Panic!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Yeah, for all the talk of Del Fava and him being a first, Frankie Sheehan was the first name to pop into my mind.

But that isn't some furriner and people probably still want access to his clients.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

The man has done his time and made a return to sport so if the authority in charge of the ban is happy with their ban then too should everyone else. Let him get on with his life, was there a lack of news in Limerick this week ?
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

fourthirtythree wrote:Yeah, for all the talk of Del Fava and him being a first, Frankie Sheehan was the first name to pop into my mind.

But that isn't some furriner and people probably still want access to his clients.
Don't think he's agenting anymore.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

CiaranIrl wrote:

Love this post.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

you give the people that dont like rugby for whatever reason a chance to have a go at it and boy they take it

Rugby is the only major professional sport/league we have here, sorry LOI
So the football based journos/pundits have zero reference point for players moving here or the players based in Ireland being a major talking point. The Athlone Town betting scandal died down very quickly despite being a cross border well orchestrated fraud case involving many people

GAA is so locally based and amateur theyre at the far end of the scale and kids have to travel miles further to play because its so rigidly parish based; they get to wash their hands over anything vaguely professional related even though the GAA has a huge recreational drug problem and their anti doping is reasonably lax
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

simonokeeffe wrote:you give the people that dont like rugby for whatever reason a chance to have a go at it and boy they take it

Rugby is the only major professional sport/league we have here, sorry LOI
So the football based journos/pundits have zero reference point for players moving here or the players based in Ireland being a major talking point. The Athlone Town betting scandal died down very quickly despite being a cross border well orchestrated fraud case involving many people

GAA is so locally based and amateur theyre at the far end of the scale and kids have to travel miles further to play because its so rigidly parish based; they get to wash their hands over anything vaguely professional related even though the GAA has a huge recreational drug problem and their anti doping is reasonably lax
First I've heard of this. Care to provide a source for your claim?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

All GAA members are subject to the Irish Sports Council rules on doping which have been integrated wholesale into the rulebook
I have Bumbleflex
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Dave Cahill wrote:All GAA members are subject to the Irish Sports Council rules on doping which have been integrated wholesale into the rulebook
Less than a hundred GAA players were tested last year, thats not just inter county, out of how many?
Thats an average of less than two per team per year even if it was just intercounty

@LaighinBreak Ive witnessed it first hand more than once. And I have first hand accounts from others too. Not saying teams or clubs that I or others have seen at it or partied with as that gives it away so youre going to have to trust me
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:All GAA members are subject to the Irish Sports Council rules on doping which have been integrated wholesale into the rulebook
Less than a hundred GAA players were tested last year, thats not just inter county, out of how many?
Thats an average of less than two per team per year even if it was just intercounty

@LaighinBreak Ive witnessed it first hand more than once. And I have first hand accounts from others too. Not saying teams or clubs that I or others have seen at it or partied with as that gives it away so youre going to have to trust me
Thats up to the Sports Council - they tend to weight their resources towards sports like Athletics and Cycling where doping is pretty much endemic at the elite levels. The GAA with its huge number of non-elite participants would be pretty much near the bottom of the list in terms of those resources.
I have Bumbleflex