European Cup final 2019

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
Forum rules
Forum for requesting, offering and discussing Champions Cup Final Tickets, Travel and Accommodation. Anyone suspected of being involved in buying or selling these for above face value will be immediately banned.

Posts which breach forum rules may be edited or removed without warning
- No Email addresses or phone numbers. PM ONLY. Please note that Private Messages remain in your outbox until they have been read by the recipient.
- Always list the price in your post. Failure to do so will result in your post being rejected.
- Offers / Requests: Once sorted out, please edit your post and change the text of the post to SORTED or GONE. We will then remove the post.
- No Topic spamming (same request / offer in multiple topics) - all will be removed.
- No Bumping your offers / requests (quoting own post to say tickets still needed / offered, etc.) - all will be removed.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

European Cup final 2019

Post by footrush »

There is a preregister open via the Falcons if anyone is planning ahead ?.
Flying wedge
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Re: European Cup final 2019

Post by footrush »

footrush wrote:There is a preregister open via the Falcons if anyone is planning ahead ?.
Just booked a room in Newcastle for this final (free cancellation) options already in the City center seem limited enough on that Saturday night ?.
Flying wedge
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

footrush wrote:
footrush wrote:There is a preregister open via the Falcons if anyone is planning ahead ?.
Just booked a room in Newcastle for this final (free cancellation) options already in the City center seem limited enough on that Saturday night ?.
Saturday night is always peak in the city with stag and hens and what not. There is a new hotel being built near the centre and it should be open in September. Don't be afraid to look at Gateshead for hotels - there are few options just over the river near the Sage and it's easily walkable.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

domhnallj wrote:
footrush wrote:
Saturday night is always peak in the city with stag and hens and what not. There is a new hotel being built near the centre and it should be open in September. Don't be afraid to look at Gateshead for hotels - there are few options just over the river near the Sage and it's easily walkable.
Got somewhere called the Osborne Hotel near Jesmond for 60€ decided to push the boat out because the place I’m in for Bilbao was only 40€ (probably cheap and cheerful ?).
Flying wedge
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

footrush wrote: Got somewhere called the Osborne Hotel near Jesmond for 60€ decided to push the boat out because the place I’m in for Bilbao was only 40€ (probably cheap and cheerful ?).
I stayed there when I came up for my interview so I know it - decent breakfast IIRC. Jesmond is a main student area and all the hotels on Osbourne road have busy bars attached so bring some ear muffs. Otherwise, Jesmond is a really nice area, great for a stroll and coffee etc.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

domhnallj wrote:
footrush wrote: Got somewhere called the Osborne Hotel near Jesmond for 60€ decided to push the boat out because the place I’m in for Bilbao was only 40€ (probably cheap and cheerful ?).
I stayed there when I came up for my interview so I know it - decent breakfast IIRC. Jesmond is a main student area and all the hotels on Osbourne road have busy bars attached so bring some ear muffs. Otherwise, Jesmond is a really nice area, great for a stroll and coffee etc.
Fantastic nice to have that out of the way, have a feeling that it will be a final that could be in high demand because of location access etc. Falcons have a pre register for ticket info for anyone interested ?.
Flying wedge
DaveMr
Beginner

Post by DaveMr »

After my success of booking early for bilbao (city centre ibis - 2 nights b&B for €170) i'm trying to book early again
Best I can get booked is £178 B&B for 2 nights in Novotel - 5 mins from airport 10 mins from city centre - and thats over a year out!
I think the rates are going to be bananas!
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

Got booked into the Osborne myself via hotels.com. A lot of the chain hotels like Premier Inn will only open their booking window 1 year in advance.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

DaveMr wrote:After my success of booking early for bilbao (city centre ibis - 2 nights b&B for €170) i'm trying to book early again
Best I can get booked is £178 B&B for 2 nights in Novotel - 5 mins from airport 10 mins from city centre - and thats over a year out!
I'd cancel and book into the Osbourne in Jesmond - seems the place to be judging by Neil and Footrush! I've stayed there before and its a fine with a pretty decent breakfast (in the beach party themed bar). Fortunately, I can sleep in my own bed and the stresses of hotels etc for once don't apply to me.

Edit: I've just noticed I've covered the important points in an earlier post.

footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

domhnallj wrote:
DaveMr wrote:After my success of booking early for bilbao (city centre ibis - 2 nights b&B for €170) i'm trying to book early again
I'd cancel and book into the Osbourne in Jesmond - seems the place to be judging by Neil and Footrush! I've stayed there before and its a fine with a pretty decent breakfast (in the beach party themed bar). Fortunately, I can sleep in my own bed and the stresses of hotels etc for once don't apply to me.

Can’t wait !.
Flying wedge
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

domhnallj wrote:

Osborne is up to €330 for two nights!!
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

3 Premier Inns in Newcastle. Will be able to book for next year May 12/13 this year.

Others available no doubt (Ibis, Holiday Inn etc)
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Osbourne non Refundable too. Feck that for a haircut
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

johng wrote:Osbourne non Refundable too. Feck that for a haircut
Got free cancellation on it before 8th May 2019, through Ryanair Rooms John !. Though will go once it’s not Saracens v Toulon :o !.
Flying wedge
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

neill_m wrote:3 Premier Inns in Newcastle. Will be able to book for next year May 12/13 this year.

I would go for the premier inn down on quayside. It’s the nicest location and there are plenty of bars and places to eat. It’s a short walk up into town, however, it is uphill but the Q1 and 2 bus lines run up and will drop you at the fan zone at monument.

The other two PInns are in town, the newer one is at the Gate which is the multiplex cinema and there also loads of bars and places to eat. But it will be noisy. The third is over near the central motorway and not a lot on your doorstep. Five minutes walk gets you into to the action though.

The Copethorne is also down on the quays. Looks like a nice place but might be a bit pricier than Premier Inn.

I’ll post later on some other places.

footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

domhnallj wrote:
neill_m wrote:3 Premier Inns in Newcastle. Will be able to book for next year May 12/13 this year.

I would go for the premier inn down on quayside. It’s the nicest location and there are plenty of bars and places to eat. It’s a short walk up into town, however, it is uphill but the Q1 and 2 bus lines run up and will drop you at the fan zone at monument.

The other two PInns are in town, the newer one is at the Gate which is the multiplex cinema and there also loads of bars and places to eat. But it will be noisy. The third is over near the central motorway and not a lot on your doorstep. Five minutes walk gets you into to the action though.

The Copethorne is also down on the quays. Looks like a nice place but might be a bit pricier than Premier Inn.

I’ll post later on some other places.
Wonder when the ticket pre sale is ?.
Flying wedge
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

If you have bought tickets for a previous final, the organisers usually email you with a chance to buy the golden ticket combo for both finals shortly after this year’s final.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

neill_m wrote:If you have bought tickets for a previous final, the organisers usually email you with a chance to buy the golden ticket combo for both finals shortly after this year’s final.
Thanks have a feeling the demand will be high !.
Flying wedge
DaveMr
Beginner

Post by DaveMr »

[I'd cancel and book into the Osbourne in Jesmond - seems the place to be judging by Neil and Footrush! I've stayed there before and its a fine with a pretty decent breakfast (in the beach party themed bar). Fortunately, I can sleep in my own bed and the stresses of hotels etc for once don't apply to me.

Edit: I've just noticed I've covered the important points in an earlier post.[/quote]

Osborne is up to €330 for two nights!![/quote]

Thats why I booked Novotel. I''ll use some of the money I've saved to pay fro a taxi if needs be lol..
Novotel is now fully booked too
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

DaveMr wrote:[I'd cancel and book into the Osbourne in Jesmond - seems the place to be judging by Neil and Footrush! I've stayed there before and its a fine with a pretty decent breakfast (in the beach party themed bar). Fortunately, I can sleep in my own bed and the stresses of hotels etc for once don't apply to me.

Osborne is up to €330 for two nights!![/quote]

Thats why I booked Novotel. I''ll use some of the money I've saved to pay fro a taxi if needs be lol..
Novotel is now fully booked too[/quote]
Originally got a single room at the Osborne for the Saturday night at £55 which I thought was a bit steep at the time, not now ?.
Flying wedge