Rumour Mill

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Rumour Mill

Post by OTT »

Peg Leg wrote: Also, swap Zebo and Folau as Munster FB last weekend and I know what side of the 50/50 penalty try decision Nige is leaning.

Folau would have got to the ball first, half the problem solved :lol:
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Oldschool wrote:One of the best extracts from the bible.
"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"
My persona l fave bible quote:

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

artaneboy wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:He's a homophobe, a hypocrite and a bigot.
Why a hypocrite? And are we making that a ground for barring now too? If we do, there will be very few that can pass through that 'eye of a needle'...

Cherry picking of which strictures from Leviticus to follow
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Peg Leg wrote:
artaneboy wrote:
ChrisUppy wrote: Funny, I don't recall any word from him on heteros who sleep around.

Nor have I heard him calling out those with tattoos. Nor have have I heard him warning of a rich man standing less of a chance of entering heaven than a camel from passing through the eye of a needle (that one may be a bit inconvenient to a well payed pro athelete like himself). Nor extolling the biblical right to own slaves (that one comes from the same book as the verses on homosexuality btw.).

Yet he finds the time to take a stance previously against gay marriage and now warning they are destined for hell. I wonder why that issue sticks out to him particularly? It couldn't be because he is bigoted I guess... I'm sure he'll get around to the rest...
Yeah- most of what you say there is probably true- if a bit irrelevant to the point. The issue is not his consistency in following the imagined dictates of his faith- or even his religion at all- as there are- and have been a number of very religious players who have been members of Ulster- and other clubs too, no doubt.

The issue is whether we should shun or bar players because we don't like their views on such issues. I'm not personally religious and I find his views both offensive and silly- but is that a reason bar him? Where does this stop then? So (no names- no pack drill) if some of the well known names who do play and have played for Ulster recently hold similar views- or are 'suspected'- by virtue of their expressed faith, of having similar views, should we demand they make a statement on the issue? Take it a step further- should every player be asked to state their beliefs and prejudices on these issues? It's a rabbit hole- and the only half way fair way is to demand that players don't get into it at all.

Oh- and BTW, the idea that Falou is the wrong player for Ulster is total rubbish. You could argue they need another four or five more players, and he'd be too costly on that basis- but, 'not right'... c'mon!
The answer to "where does it stop" is always, somewhere.
You're being deliberately obtuse, the reason for the ire in this case is his vocalisation of his opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own views, preaching them is where I take issue. So no, we don't need a McCarthy type court for signings, we need to avoid vocal extremists.
So, I’m obtuse- okay. Humour my deliberate obstruction abs tell me, where is the “somewhere” where we stop?

BTW- you might remember I stated (at least twice in separate posts) that players should be asked/ required not to comment at all on these issues. But if there’s no law broken -(a la ‘hate speech’) or contractual obligations breached, then there’s little to be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Rumour Mill

Post by artaneboy »

OTT wrote:
Peg Leg wrote: Also, swap Zebo and Folau as Munster FB last weekend and I know what side of the 50/50 penalty try decision Nige is leaning.

Folau would have got to the ball first, half the problem solved
I’m sure Nigel has refereed Falou previously- and did so in a professional manner- as I’d expect of him. Ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

Last edited by artaneboy on April 6th, 2018, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Rumour Mill

Post by artaneboy »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
artaneboy wrote:
Why a hypocrite? And are we making that a ground for barring now too? If we do, there will be very few that can pass through that 'eye of a needle'...

Cherry picking of which strictures from Leviticus to follow
Do you even have any idea of what religious tenets Israel Falou adheres to? Is Leviticus (in which there seem to be a lot of experts here), feature much in it? Does he go for the original Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek translations...

No- neither have I- or interest either in his consistency.

Total side issue....

Last edited by artaneboy on April 6th, 2018, 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Dave Cahill wrote:
artaneboy wrote:
He has tattoos, he shaves the side of his head, he shaves his beard. And I'd say if I went through all the levitical laws, never mind the 613 commandments, I'd find a few more breaches. But he only seems to care about one.

I never said he should be barred for being a hypocrite btw, just that he was one.
We can probably agree on that. He most likely is/ like 99% of the posters here- a hypocrite.

But all we are doing there is name calling. Not much sense in that.

paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

artaneboy wrote:Do you even have any idea of what religious tenets Israel Falou adheres to? Is Leviticus (in which there seem to be a lot of experts here), feature much in it? Does he go for the original Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek translations...

Total side issue....

Well if he's denoucing homosexuality on the basis of his christian faith, the "teaching" comes from Leviticus. The verse "a man shall not lie with another man" is the one Christians cite. Doesn't really get anymore black and white than that. You don't have to be an expert to be familiar with it.

As to the last question about texts....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_lioning
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

paddyor wrote:
artaneboy wrote:Do you even have any idea of what religious tenets Israel Falou adheres to? Is Leviticus (in which there seem to be a lot of experts here), feature much in it? Does he go for the original Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek translations...

Total side issue....

Well if he's denoucing homosexuality on the basis of his christian faith, the "teaching" comes from Leviticus. The verse "a man shall not lie with another man" is the one Christians cite. Doesn't really get anymore black and white than that. You don't have to be an expert to be familiar with it.

Closer to a Gish Gallop

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gish_gallop
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

paddyor wrote:

Total side issue....

Jaysus man- no one cares what Wikipedia page you’ve found that indicates he’s a hypocrite. He’s not been charged with inconsistency- but bigotry! That’s the least of his accusations.

The question remains whether it should influence his being signed by a club. The rest- Leviticus, et all is flannel.

But to be fair, I’m more impressed by your Bible studies than by your legal advice...

paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

artaneboy wrote:
artaneboy wrote:
Oldschoolsocks wrote: Cherry picking of which strictures from Leviticus to follow
Do you even have any idea of what religious tenets Israel Falou adheres to? Is Leviticus (in which there seem to be a lot of experts here), feature much in it? Does he go for the original Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek translations...

Total side issue....

fairynuff - from posts after this we've all agreed that he's a hypoctrite then - brilliant!!

I can also see that you actually have no interest in being presented with the passages that outline the inconsistency of his beliefs, so I'm not going to bother answering you on that either.

as for me, would I want an outspoken homophobe on my team? - probably not, but I'm pretty consistent about it.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

blockhead wrote:Ulster are favourites to sign Folau for next season apparently.
Yikes!
Sure I was only havin a larf.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

blockhead wrote:
Yikes!
You need to use your powers more wisely. A few words in jest from you have resulted in pages of posts. Is there a more deserving target of these powers.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Fireworks wrote:
blockhead wrote:
Yikes!
You need to use your powers more wisely. A few words in jest from you have resulted in pages of posts. Is there a more deserving target of these powers.
Well another rumour is that the NZ ladies coach is on our shortlist for head coach, I hope this was someone having a laugh as well.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

I wonder when they will announced contracts...
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

rooster wrote:Well another rumour is that the NZ ladies coach is on our shortlist for head coach, I hope this was someone having a laugh as well.
Why?
They're one of the most consistently high performing teams in world rugby. You could do far worse.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

The cynic in me says it would be a good PR move as well.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Whoosh
Anyone But New Zealand
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Not a rumour but...
Rugby Australia chief executive Raelene Castle confirmed on Tuesday that Folau – who is out of contract at the end of 2018 – will not be sanctioned, describing the player as a “strong role model”.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!