Ulster 2017 - 2018

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

lummix
Graduate

Re: Ulster 2017 - 2018

Post by lummix »

Aird wrote:It seems Gibbes has good family reasons to return to NZ. I think he may have gone earlier but for the departure of Kiss.
Since Kiss has gone he seems to have got the team moving in the right direction and the off the pitch distractions have begun to fade away.
Personally I am sorry to see him go as he seems to be doing a good job now he has control of things without any interference from a DOR who is rumoured to have difficulty in delegating.
Can you believe kiss was in line for the Ireland job before we got Joe. Oh how different things might have been
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Telegraph says Jackson has signed for Sale, with Olding due to follow.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Considering how many Sale players are rocking up to Ireland with Irish Heritage it seems only fair that we send some guys over to them.
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

Sale got PJ at a steal. While he may be tarnished here, he is a very good outhalf - Reckon he will do well in the AP.
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
TrapperChamonix
Mullet

Post by TrapperChamonix »

whats the feeling about the Ulster v Ospreys play off? Ulster form is better but fragile. Henderson is a big loss for this. How much does home advantage count?

I've not been watching Ospreys. The league positions 9 wins v's Ulsters 12 suggests it should be Ulster.
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Game been played at ravers is a huge advantage to Ulster who have hit some decent form. Ospreys after a bad season hit some form themselves for a while but have fallen back again. I'd be confident that they will win that tie tbh, if they have to play it of course. Hendo is a huge loss but if Cooney makes it back they should be OK.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

CiaranIrl wrote:Telegraph says Jackson has signed for Sale, with Olding due to follow.
Interesting - AJ McGinty has settled in well there after a mixed first year. Won't be straightforward to make the team
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

TrapperChamonix wrote:whats the feeling about the Ulster v Ospreys play off? Ulster form is better but fragile. Henderson is a big loss for this. How much does home advantage count?

I've not been watching Ospreys. The league positions 9 wins v's Ulsters 12 suggests it should be Ulster.
We struggled to score against them and sat at 3 nil right up to 79th minute when Stockdale had to intercept to stop them from scoring and got a try himself.
I wouldn't put the house on us winning it and Clarke is probably licking his lips at getting a chance against us
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

The Doc wrote:
CiaranIrl wrote:Telegraph says Jackson has signed for Sale, with Olding due to follow.
Interesting - AJ McGinty has settled in well there after a mixed first year. Won't be straightforward to make the team
I was pondering this earlier, he seems to have been doing well this year (based solely on Chanel 5's highlights show).
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Jackson and Olding to Sale move off (or never on)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43982270
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Given the detail on salary etc, supposedly divulged that outright denial is surprising. Whoever is leaking connections to clubs, Clermont, Exeter and now Sale, is either being mischievous or there’s a level of ‘kite flying’ desperation. I suspect the former: a self-fulfilling narrative to illustrate the pariah status of the men.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

artaneboy wrote:Given the detail on salary etc, supposedly divulged that outright denial is surprising. Whoever is leaking connections to clubs, Clermont, Exeter and now Sale, is either being mischievous or there’s a level of ‘kite flying’ desperation. I suspect the former: a self-fulfilling narrative to illustrate the pariah status of the men.

An online petition and a local MP put paid to the move. Paddy and Stu were at Sale yesterday morning.-RTE
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

blockhead wrote:
artaneboy wrote:Given the detail on salary etc, supposedly divulged that outright denial is surprising. Whoever is leaking connections to clubs, Clermont, Exeter and now Sale, is either being mischievous or there’s a level of ‘kite flying’ desperation. I suspect the former: a self-fulfilling narrative to illustrate the pariah status of the men.

An online petition and a local MP put paid to the move. Paddy and Stu were at Sale yesterday morning.-RTE
Okay. No doubt the lynch mob will be happy with another victory.

"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

artaneboy wrote:
blockhead wrote:

Okay. No doubt the lynch mob will be happy with another victory.

Strange reading the complaints about them if you check out those on Facebook they are mostly not actually Sharks fans but activists from Cork, Dublin and Belfast.
A small group are determined to entirely wreck their careers, it is social media bullying at its best.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Today's Indo exclusive is a headline reporting that Joey is 'ready to move north' but closer inspection reveals he is 'strongly considering' it.

The Independent - worst newspaper ever (The Journal not being worthy of the description).

rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

domhnallj wrote:Today's Indo exclusive is a headline reporting that Joey is 'ready to move north' but closer inspection reveals he is 'strongly considering' it.

The Independent - worst newspaper ever (The Journal not being worthy of the description).
They do seem to have someone within the system who feeds them news though as it is becoming too much of a coincidence that they break news before any other papers and it does not always help situations, the Dan McFarland being a recent case which is going to cost the IRFU, a fair bit of cash unnecessarily as the Scots have taken it thick.
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

domhnallj wrote:Jackson and Olding to Sale move off (or never on)

Maybe the idea to sue the BBC backfired.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

olaf the fat wrote:
domhnallj wrote:Jackson and Olding to Sale move off (or never on)

Maybe the idea to sue the BBC backfired.
That was set in place away back before they were charged with anything, case was then put on hold until trial took place after they were charged
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

But not outside the bounds of reasonable to assume that a major media outlet you went after would delight at a bite back.

Jeez their options are really getting bashed. Whats their best move now? a couple of seasons in the southern hemisphere and let things die down?
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

I never thought England was an option for them and was quite surprised they were linked with anyone there. I always thought France was more likely