Travel and Accommodation Chat

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
Forum rules
Forum for requesting, offering and discussing Champions Cup Final Tickets, Travel and Accommodation. Anyone suspected of being involved in buying or selling these for above face value will be immediately banned.

Posts which breach forum rules may be edited or removed without warning
- No Email addresses or phone numbers. PM ONLY. Please note that Private Messages remain in your outbox until they have been read by the recipient.
- Always list the price in your post. Failure to do so will result in your post being rejected.
- Offers / Requests: Once sorted out, please edit your post and change the text of the post to SORTED or GONE. We will then remove the post.
- No Topic spamming (same request / offer in multiple topics) - all will be removed.
- No Bumping your offers / requests (quoting own post to say tickets still needed / offered, etc.) - all will be removed.

Re: Accoommodatio Bilbao May 2018

Postby Laighin Break » April 24th, 2018, 11:55 am

My mother would have words if she saw that attempt at 'accommodation'! :lol:
Laighin Break
Enlightened

Re: Bilbao

Postby Benjamin911 » April 24th, 2018, 12:21 pm

Hi all,
Very disappointing result on Sunday would have loved to see a Leinster Munster final but we can dream for next year. Myself and a couple of mates have been planning this trip for a couple of months now (same as last year) and are lucky enough to be seeing a Irish team in the final. We are flying into Madrid on the Thursday morning we have a car rented out and driving up to San Sebastian, we are staying here for 4 nights and have tickets to the final and semi thinking of getting tickets to the Challenge Cup final. Question is transport, has anybody heard about the transport they are putting on, i originally heard that the Basque region was going to be free transport to match ticket holders but cannot find a lot on the internet about it. Will it be easy/hard to get to and from Bilbao on the day of the match??

Thanks in advance

Ben
Benjamin911

Re: ECC Final 2018 - Bilbao

Postby CFarrelly9 » April 24th, 2018, 8:48 pm

42 Euro flights from a Paris in Fri, if you can get there cheaply.
CFarrelly9

Re: Travel and Accommodation Chat

Postby glenageary » April 25th, 2018, 11:15 am

My route is Dublin Stansted (€60), then Stansted Asturias (£160 with easyjet), this airport is 3.5hrs west of Bilboa. Car for x4 only €50 , Accomodation for x4 in Laredo , 50min west of Bilboa is €240 for x4 for two nights. Return bus into bilboa €11.

all in about €360
glenageary
Enlightened

Postby lotmc » April 25th, 2018, 11:42 am

Got an email from Killester Travel - they have some additional same day trips available.
EUROPEAN RUGBY CHAMPIONS CUP 2017/18 FINAL
Estadio San Mames, Bilbao
LEINSTER RUGBY V RACING 92
12th May 2018, K.O. 17:45
Same Day Package From Dublin
Our Same Day package includes return flights from Dublin to Bilbao and Transfers.
Day Return Ex Dublin €489 + €65 Tax pp
Please Note that Match Tickets Are Not included in this package.

Not cheap, but I don't think anything will be cheap about this final. Have booked for 2. Hoping that we get the tickets in the STH raffle now.
lotmc
Learner

Postby scrum25 » May 2nd, 2018, 12:30 pm

AER LINGUS HAVE JUST REDUCED THEIR FLIGHTS

Aer Lingus now down to €250 return out Friday morning at 05:55 and back Saturday at 23.25

Aer Lingus day trip on Saturday is €300 out at 5:55 and back at 23.25

scrum25
Knowledgeable

scrum25
Knowledgeable

Postby grunental » May 2nd, 2018, 1:11 pm

Benjamin911 wrote:Hi all,
Very disappointing result on Sunday would have loved to see a Leinster Munster final but we can dream for next year. Myself and a couple of mates have been planning this trip for a couple of months now (same as last year) and are lucky enough to be seeing a Irish team in the final. We are flying into Madrid on the Thursday morning we have a car rented out and driving up to San Sebastian, we are staying here for 4 nights and have tickets to the final and semi thinking of getting tickets to the Challenge Cup final. Question is transport, has anybody heard about the transport they are putting on, i originally heard that the Basque region was going to be free transport to match ticket holders but cannot find a lot on the internet about it. Will it be easy/hard to get to and from Bilbao on the day of the match??

Thanks in advance

Ben

Hello, you will not have any problems moving from San Sebastian to Bilbao, I'll leave you two links with the bus companies. "Alsa" is cheaper and by the morning you have several schedules but the return I have only seen at 20:35 or be all night party celebrating the victory of Leinster and return at 5:35. "Pesa" is more expensive but has better schedules, the return you have at 10:30 p.m. or at 0:00, everything depends on your plan.
https://online.pesa.net/Index.asp?id=en
https://www.alsa.com/en/web/bus/home
grunental
Beginner

Postby curates_egg » May 8th, 2018, 9:17 am

As expected, accommodation prices in Bilbao are now plummeting (some down by 70%): https://www.booking.com/searchresults.e ... &room1=A,A

Sorry to anybody who has booked massively overpriced accommodation or somewhere in accessible, but I hope this helps others.
The market is being flooded as people and travel agencies are using their free cancellation options, and hoteliers who held on to rooms are trying to get rid of them.
curates_egg
Cian Healy

Postby Laighin Break » May 8th, 2018, 10:08 am

curates_egg wrote:As expected, accommodation prices in Bilbao are now plummeting (some down by 70%): https://www.booking.com/searchresults.e ... &room1=A,A

Sorry to anybody who has booked massively overpriced accommodation or somewhere in accessible, but I hope this helps others.
The market is being flooded as people and travel agencies are using their free cancellation options, and hoteliers who held on to rooms are trying to get rid of them.

You know the match is this weekend, right...? :lol:
Laighin Break
Enlightened

Postby grunental » May 8th, 2018, 10:30 am

They have created an APP with information about the finals, it is called 'EPCRugby Bilbao Finals 2018'.
grunental
Beginner

Postby domhnallj » May 8th, 2018, 10:36 am

grunental wrote:They have created an APP with information about the finals, it is called 'EPCRugby Bilbao Finals 2018'.

Who is they? Thanks!
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
domhnallj
Cian Healy

Postby grunental » May 9th, 2018, 11:34 am

domhnallj wrote:
grunental wrote:They have created an APP with information about the finals, it is called 'EPCRugby Bilbao Finals 2018'.

Who is they? Thanks!

I have not understood the question
grunental
Beginner

Postby domhnallj » May 9th, 2018, 11:37 am

grunental wrote:
domhnallj wrote:

Who is they? Thanks!

I have not understood the question

Apologies.

You wrote 'They have created an APP' and I wanted to know who 'They' are so I could download it.

So, in short, who has created an APP and where can I get it? many thanks.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

domhnallj
Cian Healy

Postby grunental » May 9th, 2018, 12:25 pm

The APP has been created by the city council of bilbao and is available in google play store or for apple on itunes with the name EPRRugby Bilbao Finals 2018
grunental
Beginner

Postby FLIP » May 9th, 2018, 12:35 pm

grunental wrote:The APP has been created by the city council of bilbao and is available in google play store or for apple on itunes with the name EPRRugby Bilbao Finals 2018

Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... lbaofinals

Can't find the Apple link because I don't have an apple device
Anyone But New Zealand
FLIP
Mullet

Postby domhnallj » May 9th, 2018, 12:46 pm

Excellent, got it. Thanks lads.

domhnallj
Cian Healy

Postby brotheroffrank » May 10th, 2018, 4:16 pm

footrush wrote:
brotheroffrank wrote:
the weather can be highly unpredictable ( Bay of Biscay ) anything really bring a poncho !.

The one given out to season ticket holders a few years back???

Yep once it’s dark and not sky Blue !.

Bilbao, Spain, Saturday 12th May 2018 Rain Forecast ....now to find that Poncho.....
brotheroffrank
Bookworm

Previous

Return to Champions Cup Final 2018