A whiff of Cordite

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Avenger
Seán Cronin

Re: A whiff of Cordite

Post by Avenger »

neiliog93 wrote:Franno with a nicely incendiary line in the Indo: "The Spanish presence in the ground was unmistakeable. Amateur, colourful, noisy, partisan and there to simply watch the big boys - just like the Munster fans."
:clap: :clap: :clap:
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Can't stand Franno but that's brilliant :lol:
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

neiliog93 wrote:Franno with a nicely incendiary line in the Indo: "The Spanish presence in the ground was unmistakeable. Amateur, colourful, noisy, partisan and there to simply watch the big boys - just like the Munster fans."
Exactly what Leo et al need - NOT.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Scooby Shaggy Swerve
Learner

Post by Scooby Shaggy Swerve »

you're not helping Franno!

For the record the Munster fans I met (even the one with the Racing flag) were grand, 10 barren years will make even a Munster fan mellow a little
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Does a writer only become a good journalist when his views accord with your own?

I rarely pay much heed to Matt Williams and have often considered that he writes to have the satisfaction of having many agree with his opinion. However his piece in today's IT is so totally in agreement with my view and, although perhaps not a popular piece, maybe he has become a good journalist!
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

I know Billy is a GAA Head, but this is some sh1te. “James” Kilcoyne???

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 28435.html
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

And the jibe about people from presumably D4, having loads of bathrooms at home, having to make do with portaloos was especially crass.
Four Stars
Edna Kenny
Graduate

Post by Edna Kenny »

D4surfer wrote:I know Billy is a GAA Head, but this is some sh1te. “James” Kilcoyne???

I have to say I thought the Leinster support was fantastic on Saturday. There was a great atmosphere and everyone got involved, the vast majority were out in blue. I didn't notice many people arriving late at all.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

Edna Kenny wrote:
D4surfer wrote:I know Billy is a GAA Head, but this is some sh1te. “James” Kilcoyne???

I have to say I thought the Leinster support was fantastic on Saturday. There was a great atmosphere and everyone got involved, the vast majority were out in blue. I didn't notice many people arriving late at all.
The ridiculous and untrue comment on people arriving late was only used to facilitate the equally ridiculous mention of the royal wedding.
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

D4surfer wrote:
Edna Kenny wrote:

The ridiculous and untrue comment on people arriving late was only used to facilitate the equally ridiculous mention of the royal wedding.
This is wrong.

100s if not more turned up late in the North Stand. Some were over 15 mins. Reason I know this to be true is most stopped behind me to

Watch some of the match

Read tickets to see where there seats where

Watch some of the match

Discuss idea of free seating

Watch some of the match

Discuss where to sit

Watch some of the match

Give out about no good seats left

Watch some of the match

Finally head off to seats.

They ended up putting security on the steps just hurrying people to the extra seating.

To drive all this home I had 2 Munster Fans roaring and shouting for people to move on. Lads were really annoyed and justified with it.

From what I could see it was similar in the South Stand and made worse by people sitting on the steps between the seats and then being moved.

Lots of cr@p in the article but people being late was not wrong.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

The only bit that was actually nasty was the comment about 'nine or 10 bathrooms'. Peddling a stupid stereotype that is true in the environs of D4 itself and almost nowhere else in the province.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Having unreserved seating is absolutely bonkers now anyway. Gives people a reason to put bags and coats etc on seats.

If Leinster are playing Zebre on a Friday night and you're expecting 11,000 people, then have unreserved seating. Better still, put a a number on every seat. It is crazy that this is allowed to continue. The European Champions are playing in a stadium totally out of date.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Dreadful article, he seems to have forgotten that Munster were in the Pro12 final last year.

"One miserable point is all that was between Munster and finally a final. That's seven semis in a row lost and gone."
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

Is that a wind up article? He should have signed it on behalf of the Munster Supporters Club rather than pretending to be a serious journalist! Hilarious. How can he possibly say the Deegan turnover was a 50/50 call. It was about as blatant a case of holding on as I have seen all year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH6fVP03_cY 2 mins and 20 secs in case you havent seen the replay. Even Conor Murray who moaned all day long didnt complain!
Must be a wind up!!
theghost
Learner

Post by theghost »

Don't post here much if at all so firstly and a bit jealously congrats on win and great season.
I was at game south stand first time since 2008,couldn't understand if you have seats you don't need seat numbers especially for a final which most thought would be near capacity.
On latecomers yes there seemed to be lots but that could be down to the elusive search for a better seat not to mind a real pet hate of mine constant in out to buy drink
Drink sales should be cut at all stadia 20 mins from kick off ,time to get to seat with pint and enjoy game.
Saw people go to toilet etc at half time and others just took their seats when they were away saying it's free seating I can sit where I like .
Hated the tannoy lad but that's just me I guess.
Found the atmosphere and people I met great and friendly but in general if I get any hint someone is a bit of a tool I move on or ignore .
Then again most of my Leinster v munster games are in mixed company and it still is great crack seeing the family friendly divides .
I met a great Leinster Munster man and wife from cork and naas ,unfortunately he went home unhappy .
Bit of a rant or general observation
Over and out .
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

theghost wrote:Don't post here much if at all so firstly and a bit jealously congrats on win and great season.
I was at game south stand first time since 2008,couldn't understand if you have seats you don't need seat numbers especially for a final which most thought would be near capacity.
On latecomers yes there seemed to be lots but that could be down to the elusive search for a better seat not to mind a real pet hate of mine constant in out to buy drink
Drink sales should be cut at all stadia 20 mins from kick off ,time to get to seat with pint and enjoy game.
Saw people go to toilet etc at half time and others just took their seats when they were away saying it's free seating I can sit where I like .
Found the atmosphere and people I met great and friendly but in general if I get any hint someone is a bit of a tool I move on or ignore .
Then again most of my Leinster v munster games are in mixed company and it still is great crack seeing the family friendly divides .
I met a great Leinster Munster man and wife from cork and naas ,unfortunately he went home unhappy .
Over and out .
Hating the tannoy lad is not just you. He's unbelievably bad. I can actually enjoy him ironically now but it took a while. "Let's see those flags!..."
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

neiliog93 wrote:
theghost wrote:Don't post here much if at all so firstly and a bit jealously congrats on win and great season.
Over and out .
Hating the tannoy lad is not just you. He's unbelievably bad. I can actually enjoy him ironically now but it took a while. "Let's see those flags!..."
Yep, some of his stuff is so silly its become funny - there was a lot of joking in Bilbao last weekend when supporters starting cheering as the team did their 'run around'
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

neiliog93 wrote:The only bit that was actually nasty was the comment about 'nine or 10 bathrooms'. Peddling a stupid stereotype that is true in the environs of D4 itself and almost nowhere else in the province.
Well we've only 4 bathrooms so that's totally OTT.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Angelsea Angst
Bookworm

Post by Angelsea Angst »

I don't have any problem with Billy Keane praising Munster but why he had do it by insulting Leinster fans with reference to the toilets in the RDS and the Royal Wedding is baffling. Just what do Leinster Rugby and its fans have to do to earn the respect of journalists such as Billy Keane. The only consolation I take is that we did not have to read much worse garbage if Munster had actually won the game.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Just what do Leinster Rugby and its fans have to do to earn the respect of journalists such as Billy Keane.

eh... am I missing something here... why would anyone want to earn the respect of a two bit hack like Billy Keane ??