Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Draw for H Cup / Champions Cup 2019

Post by domhnallj »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:
rdsblue wrote:Edinburgh and Gloucester appear to be missing from the pools as set out above is there a reason for this?
I think there’s a column missing - should be 5 pools.
Yep, there is also no Italian team.

Regardless, I hope we get Newcastle- easy to get to and cheap for a night out.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Made Of Ale
Graduate

Post by Made Of Ale »

The table doesn't show properly on a mobile (or an iphone, at least).

If you look at it on a laptop/ PC etc then all five columns are there and all is in order.

There's no Italian team because neither of them qualified.

Cormac has given a very clear explanation of who we can and can't draw a page or so back (just to pre-empt the questions about potential groups). For example, Cardiff are the only Pro14 team that can be in our group.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Made Of Ale wrote:The table doesn't show properly on a mobile (or an iphone, at least).

If you look at it on a laptop/ PC etc then all five columns are there and all is in order.

There's no Italian team because neither of them qualified.

Cormac has given a very clear explanation of who we can and can't draw a page or so back (just to pre-empt the questions about potential groups). For example, Cardiff are the only Pro14 team that can be in our group.
Press on the image and 'open in a new tab' and it'll render properly there.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Really fancy meeting Toulouse or Castres again .....
Flying wedge
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

I wouldn't mind a group with Wasps and Toulouse. It would be good to get back at Wasps some more for those losses a few years back
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

leinsterforever wrote:I wouldn't mind a group with Wasps and Toulouse. It would be good to get back at Wasps some more for those losses a few years back
Very true, going back to Coventry doesn’t really set the pulse racing on the plus side it is really easy to get to however that’s about all it has going for it !. If I had a choice out of that lot would have to be Exeter/Bath, Toulouse/Castres as places to go on an away trip !.
Flying wedge
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

footrush wrote:
leinsterforever wrote:I wouldn't mind a group with Wasps and Toulouse. It would be good to get back at Wasps some more for those losses a few years back
Very true, going back to Coventry doesn’t really set the pulse racing on the plus side it is really easy to get to however that’s about all it has going for it !. If I had a choice out of that lot would have to be Exeter/Bath, Toulouse/Castres as places to go on an away trip !.
+1 on choice of away trips Bath or Exeter.
rdsblue
Knowledgeable

Post by rdsblue »

Is Tomane's rugby nationality not based on the country he played for, I.e. Australia rather than the country for which he holds a passport ? If so, it does create a 4 into 2 does not go scenario in respect of Leinster's NIQs.
Rugby is a good occasion for keeping thirty bullies far from the centre of the city.
Oscar Wilde
rdsblue
Knowledgeable

Post by rdsblue »

Sorry this should be in the Joe Tomane thread
Rugby is a good occasion for keeping thirty bullies far from the centre of the city.
Oscar Wilde
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

rdsblue wrote:Is Tomane's rugby nationality not based on the country he played for, I.e. Australia rather than the country for which he holds a passport ? If so, it does create a 4 into 2 does not go scenario in respect of Leinster's NIQs.
No, it's question of your nationality, not your sporting qualification.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

Half time in Top 14 Final and it’s Castres leading Montpellier 19 - 6. Really surprised as Montpellier were clear favourites.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

Castres win 29 - 13 so we can’t get them in the draw. Fair play to them for winning the Top 14 but they’re no great shakes. Joe Tomane came on too late to make any difference.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Forever amazed at how well Castres do in the Top 14 considering how unremarkable they are in Europe. Ulster and Munster will be praying to be in their group.

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Cianostays wrote:Forever amazed at how well Castres do in the Top 14 considering how unremarkable they are in Europe. Ulster and Munster will be praying to be in their group.

Also a really nice place for an away trip !.
Flying wedge
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Cianostays wrote:Forever amazed at how well Castres do in the Top 14 considering how unremarkable they are in Europe. Ulster and Munster will be praying to be in their group.

Almost like they really only care about the Top 14...
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

ronk wrote:

Old school French club !. Respect !. If you give them a snif at home they will take it however seen that before in one of my four visits there !.
Flying wedge
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Newcastle/Lyon/Cardiff would be the easiest group, Wasps/Toulouse/Toulon probably the hardest (or is Racing/Leicester/Toulon harder?). I'd love to get Bath from pot 4 for my favourite away weekend.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
leinsterfan100
Knowledgeable

Post by leinsterfan100 »

ronk wrote:

In fairness to them, they have the 11th biggest budget in the Top 14....they simply cant compete with their best foot forward in both competitions. I think its fair to say they're punching above their weight already as it is by winning their league. They also make it hard for teams in Europe to come to their ground and win.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

CiaranIrl wrote:Newcastle/Lyon/Cardiff would be the easiest group, Wasps/Toulouse/Toulon probably the hardest (or is Racing/Leicester/Toulon harder?). I'd love to get Bath from pot 4 for my favourite away weekend.
DOn't think Wasps are that good tbh. They'll be missing Haskell next year and Cipriani. They've Sopoaga & Shields(never seen him) to come in which are probably upgrades but they seem to have gone backwards since we dispatched them in the QF last year.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

CiaranIrl wrote:Newcastle/Lyon/Cardiff would be the easiest group, Wasps/Toulouse/Toulon probably the hardest (or is Racing/Leicester/Toulon harder?). I'd love to get Bath from pot 4 for my favourite away weekend.
You'd want Newcastle, the best team in Europe, in your group?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan